Never too early to start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never too early to start...

I like thinking about future drafts and such, I mean its down time now and not much is happening so hey I just decided to go with this.

I think the top 10 will look like this in terms of draft order and possible selection, feel free to criticize, comment or add to it but this is realistic thinking so.

1) Houston: Darren McFadden, RB/Arkansas - 6'2" 205lbs. McFadden will add some of what they missed out on with Bush and although I don't want to see Kubs here I don't think they added any immediate playmakers, their offense really only has Johnson, unproven O-line and and an unproven QB for which they got raped in acquiring. Holes at S, CB, WR, RB and OL leave me to believe they will be among the few teams to get the number one pick.

2) Tennessee: Early Doucet, WR/LSU - 6'0" 207lbs. Doucet has nice speed and is one of the more polished WR's in college this upcoming year and with all the WR's who abandoned ship last year, no proven RB and no certainty VY wil duplicate things from last year I just see the Titans picking high and witha majority of their needs on offense, McFadden gone Doucet is my next selection.

3) Oakland: Jake Long, OT/Michigan - 6'7" 313lbs. Gallery will be a bust by next year and the Raiders will need someone to look after a huge target in Russell. They might need a WR but I think Mike Williams might show everyone something, Porter is getting a little old and might need a solid replacement if he can't get back to form after his cry baby tantrums. They could use a solid DE but their defense is pretty well set. Their priorities will be straight O-line next year.

4) Washington: Glen Dorsey, DT/LSU - 6'2" 299lbs. Its crazy but to teammates going right after one another, creepy. This one gap explosive DT should be appealing to Greg Williams who will once again have a shakey defense because they were kind of like us no pass rush. Anywho, they added another S and a solid one for that matter and addressed any future LB problems with two more drafted rooks. Offense will depend on how well Campbell has learned the offense and how effieciently Portis and Betts can run the ball, a WR or DE in round 2 is a definate possibility.

5) Miami: Brian Brohm, QB/Louisville - 6'4" 226lbs. Miami passed on Quinn and even though Beck was a high second round pick he is already 26 and will be 27 by his starting season, I think Brohm will be brought in and allowed to sit behind a multitude of back-up QB's until he can compete and win with will be 2 years for him and the Fins. Defense has some age issues on the line and serious question marks at CB and LB so there is many different ways they could go with this pick.

6) Buffalo: Antoine Cason, CB/Arizona - 6'0" 182lbs. They lost Clements and the tandem of Youboty and McGee might have problems with AFC East WR's Moss/Stallworth, Coles/Cotchery, and even Ginn/Chambers; Youboty is just so unproven and they have a serious lack of depth behind him. Their offense might be better without hard-headed McGahee but his talent is undeniable, the line was decent will they continue to improve and what will Losman and the WR's bring to the table?

7) Detroit: Sam Baker, OT/USC - 6'5" 305lbs. Baker will bring an immediate need to an offensive line that didn't get much better with the addition of Foster and will not be too much better than they were last season. I have them falling in pick order because I think they did addres some key needs and Calvin Johnson,Roy Williams is as scary WR tandem in the league as can be. CB, OL, TE, and LB will be major needs for Detroit next season (Maybe we can send them Gold and our second and get a second from them back).

8) Tampa Bay: Liams Sweed, WR/Texas - 6'5" 219lbs. Sweed will be a nice target additon to a slipping Clayton, they say they are ok at the WR position and I call BS. Clayton hasn''t been himself since a stellar rookie year. Their O-Line should be really tough but defense will be a need as the still as soooo much age on it that will need to be placed on youth and soon. Cadillac looks like he might have some running room but a solid group of WR's will give driving lanes and not just driveway space.

9) Green Bay: Steve Slaton - 5'10" 195lbs. The inability to select a top flight RB kind of hurt the Packers offense, I mean Driver is getting older, can Jennings really be an week in week out performer, who is going to be the field stretching TE and sre Vernand Morency and Brandon Jackson really yard gaining efficient NFL RB's? I think Bret or Aaron will need a RB like that and outside of McFadden, Slaton is probably the second most explosive RB in the draft and he can read the zone blocking scheme the Pack recently installed.

10) Philadelphia: Kenny Phillips, FS/Miami (FL) - 6'2" 202lbs. They targeted Meriweather who went one selection before them to the Pats and they traded out, now they get a playmaking safety who will eventually replace heart and soul Dawkins. McNabb's hurt and no real winner at the QB position leads me to believe they will struggle, I know they say McNabb is ahead of schedule but thats what they said about Culpepper (granted his injury was worse) and even Palmer needed a few games to get back in the groove and by that time they might already be looking at the 2008 draft.

This is my full season ahead preview of who I think will go where and what things could look like.

If you think its too early for this your right but as I stated I was bored with the off-season and know that nothing exciting will really happen for a few more months so why not dream.

Comments welcome but try not to be a mean person if you dont like this thread just leave.

Not bad. I could see it going down like that next year.

Comment

Denver needs DeSean Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_

denver needs to get through the 07 first
        sig pic removed by mod staff.
        we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96

denver needs to get through the 07 first

Go to another thread if you don't want to discuss this topic.

Comment

Denver just needs a big time player maker other than Javon at WR. B Marshall is good, but we need speed. If Hixon proves to be as good as he was in college, then we won't need a deep threat receiver. Our biggest needs are still S/DT/OLB. We need youth at those postions. If the our Gator's DT do great this year, then DT is out of the picture. I'd also have to say that CB is a need as well next year, with Foxworth playing his contract year this year. We'll need a little bit more depth their with Bly turning 31 IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
              2) Tennessee: Early Doucet, WR/LSU - 6'0" 207lbs. Doucet has nice speed and is one of the more polished WR's in college this upcoming year and with all the WR's who abandoned ship last year, no proven RB and no certainty VY wil duplicate things from last year I just see the Titans picking high and witha majority of their needs on offense, McFadden gone Doucet is my next selection.

10) Philadelphia: Kenny Phillips, FS/Miami (FL) - 6'2" 202lbs. They targeted Meriweather who went one selection before them to the Pats and they traded out, now they get a playmaking safety who will eventually replace heart and soul Dawkins. McNabb's hurt and no real winner at the QB position leads me to believe they will struggle, I know they say McNabb is ahead of schedule but thats what they said about Culpepper (granted his injury was worse) and even Palmer needed a few games to get back in the groove and by that time they might already be looking at the 2008 draft.

Comments welcome but try not to be a mean person if you dont like this thread just leave.
              I think it's unrealistic to project Philadelphia and Tennessee as having top ten picks. The Eagles have made the playoffs the past several years and the Titans won 8 games with a rookie QB and were picking in the late teens this year. It's not likely that they regress so much as to be picking 2nd overall. Even Green Bay might be a stretch as having a top ten pick. It probably would have made more sense to project the Cowboys as having a top ten pick via the Browns.

Without knowing where Denver will be picking next year, I hope they go after a safety in the first round. Not because I thought they should have done it this year(because I didn't) but because the position does need to be addressed and it is probably going to be the biggest concern for next year(barring any unforeseen calamities during this season).
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Slaton will not be a first round pick, IMHO.

He plays in one of the most RB friendly offenses in all of college football.

How many WV RB's in that offense have dominated college football only to fail miserably in the NFL?

Comment

Long as we draft him in the 32nd position.. I don't care

Comment

Houston might well pick that high.

The AFC South plays us and the NFC South, and the South and East are the only two divisions worth a darn in the NFC. Houston could easily drop six or seven games right there, plus road games against the Colts, Jags and Vince Youngs, er, Titans. Missed Carr going to the Panthers; guess the rumors about him leaving if they didn't win their last three (or whatever it was) were true. I think that's a mistake, but it's done.
                    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Denver will need IMO a first day pick at tackle. probably spend a first or second on wideout and Safety. depending on how will Dj plays at Mike. just so manyifs right now. also everyone seems to be up on marcus thomas. and well a year or so ago i woulda but he is NOT a space eater he is a UT and if he keeps his head straight he could become a good one. he has the size but he does not have the Strength. speed is his calling card.
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

i do not see titans falling to 2nd but hey anything can happen

made by showoff

Comment

As far as the mouck draft good stuff who knows how it will go down but good stuff none the less. i hear next years Linebackers and safties Space eating DT are in short supply while it looks like there might be some real good tackles as i hear it that were better then levi brown.
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                            I think it's unrealistic to project Philadelphia and Tennessee as having top ten picks. The Eagles have made the playoffs the past several years and the Titans won 8 games with a rookie QB and were picking in the late teens this year. It's not likely that they regress so much as to be picking 2nd overall. Even Green Bay might be a stretch as having a top ten pick. It probably would have made more sense to project the Cowboys as having a top ten pick via the Browns.

Without knowing where Denver will be picking next year, I hope they go after a safety in the first round. Not because I thought they should have done it this year(because I didn't) but because the position does need to be addressed and it is probably going to be the biggest concern for next year(barring any unforeseen calamities during this season).

I admit the Phily pick is a big surprise but the way I looked at it McNabb is coming off an ACL injury with no certainty he will start, play and excell inevery game so I put them there especially since their LB core isn't that great, Dawkins will 35 I think and beyond Sheppard and Brown they don't have much CB depth.

As far as the Titans I can see them picking right where I have them if not at least in the top five... Travis Henry was the real reason they won many of those games, not the rookie QB Young. Their defense lost their best CB and the loss of their number one and three WR's, number one RB, and are showing weakness at LB (minus Bullock of course) They won't win more than 6 games in my opinion and if your still skeptical just check VY's stats... they aren't pretty or even appealing.

So not to start a fight I agree I might have over shot with the Eagles pick but I beieve the Titans are there or number 6/7 at BEST but they will be in the top 10 IMHO.

* For the GB pick I put Slaton but if Rice can preform like last year without LEonard and pressure from Hype the he could easily be the GB pick.

Comment

I think Detroit should've held out for one more year before picking up a QB; maybe they could've found a way to move up 7 spots and pick up Staley.

Then the following year, they'd have an improved offensive line, the most dangerous 3 receiver corps in the NFL (eclipsing the Bengals), and they could draft ... Colt Brennan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

The kid's got amazing skills and incredible poise under pressure, good decision making, has a quick release, good toughness and mobility, and his throws are right dead on the money. Brennan to CJ ... the Lions could have such a dominating offense for at least a decade.

All they have to do is hope Kitna can last just a bit longer ... oh, and do as bad as they did last season. Hey, if it's helped build a powerhouse Charger team, and it's seemingly building a promising Oakland team, then it can't be too bad a strategy.

Btw, I'm not a Lion's fan, but the potential for CJ is phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                              X