Never too early to start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather have the QB first.

I think it takes longer to get a QB ready to start than WR, because it's a more complicated position. WRs have to learn route trees, but QBs have to keep track of where all those routes are on every play, and juggle his receivers personalities. In addition to reading defenses and the rest. Until you have an offensive line though it really doesn't matter, which is why I don't think the Raiders are showing as much promise as everyone else seems to think. 70+ sacks last year (72, IIRC). JaMarcus Russell won't change that, and could have a very short career trying. Get yourself a line, then a QB, then WRs and finally a RB, because most college RBs can start pretty quickly (though it'll take 'em a few years to learn how to pick up a blitz). But first you have to get a front office that'll give you 4-5 years to do that.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
      I think it takes longer to get a QB ready to start than WR, because it's a more complicated position. WRs have to learn route trees, but QBs have to keep track of where all those routes are on every play, and juggle his receivers personalities. In addition to reading defenses and the rest. Until you have an offensive line though it really doesn't matter, which is why I don't think the Raiders are showing as much promise as everyone else seems to think. 70+ sacks last year (72, IIRC). JaMarcus Russell won't change that, and could have a very short career trying. Get yourself a line, then a QB, then WRs and finally a RB, because most college RBs can start pretty quickly (though it'll take 'em a few years to learn how to pick up a blitz). But first you have to get a front office that'll give you 4-5 years to do that.

Thats the way to go but with all the pressure to win now (I.E. Bronco fans chatize players that dont help us win now, I mean a lot of people were crying cause Plummer was sent packing not because he was a great player but because he has a winning record; and a majority of the time all thats needed for a winning record is a QB who can manage a game, solid O-line, Great defense and RB's to help bail him out) a 4-5 year window is unacceptable.

With the new Lions coach, QB was a good seceltion, watch next year they take a OL and continue building around there. A team doesn't need to be made soley off 1st round picks and they can't be looked at as saviors either mainly because their is a high bust rate with the expectation to come in and help immediately.

I like OT's in day 1, C, OG you can really get in day 2. QB's who aren't gone in the top 15 need to have at least two years before they can fully help their team, RB's can be found at all stages of the draft but Round 2, sometimes 3 are the best place for them. Big play WR's need to be snagged in round 1/2 other than that they can be selected 3 and on for a number 2 or beyond role. DL need to be selected in rounds 1 and 2 (unless they have character issues) to be impact players but they are hard to judge because they fail more than any other positional player does. LB's can be found at any point in the draft. but DB's really need to be selected in day 1 if their are going to make any kind of impact.

FA helps, a team just really needs a staff who can see the whole picture and not just right now because while right now is great it can get you into major trouble.

Comment

Working...
      X