I Would Love It IF... Sean Taylor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Would Love It IF... Sean Taylor...

Just heard that Sean Taylor, FS for the Washington Redskins has not shown up for work-out sessions with the team and has had no contact with head coach Gibbs. There is a story being posted on ESPN.com but I heard from a league friend that Taylor may sit out or demand a trade if LaRon Landry's contract has a significant amount of more money. Taylor was a pro bowler last year and has been disappointed with his exsisting contract he signed as a rookie. Work is he has no intention of attending the manditory mini-camps and other team scheduled activities until the matter is resolved.

Now, I hear that he will likely (90%) show up as long as his agent and owner Dan Snyder begin contract alteration talks but I don't know if Washington does that with a player entering the third year of a six year contract.

I truely see him back in Washington even if no contract talks or altercations even come close to happening but I started thinking of how great it would be to have Taylor in Denver. He was my highest rated player in the 2005 NFL draft because of his size, athleticism and raw playmaking ability.

If you think he'll be in Washington and play there for years to come then this question really isn't for you.

With this a pure myth at this point I ask the following:

Would you want to have Sean Taylor in a Bronco uniform and if so what would you give for him? (Remember this is so early in the info I'm getting that it could be completely false, I will update on anything I hear though)

If you think this a load of BS and think this thread sucks then just leave please. I heard this from some NFL friends, I dont give out their names for privacy purposes but they hear all kinds of cool stuff, although they do get lies every once in a while..

Me I would attempt to get him with our first rounder and Kenard Lang for Taylor and a third if at all possible but I definately think he's worth a frist round selection especially since we are anticipated to be picking pretty high.

Comment

NE will probably make a play for him if the skins shop him, they can offer samuel, plus springs is also a problem for washington too, so they might need a guy like samuel.
      sigpic

Comment

If we got taylor for cheap, we'd definately be the team to beat. I love this idea. Taylor is a monster.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

What about we send a second rounder to the Bears. The Bears send Lance Briggs to the Redskins, and the Redskins send us Taylor?

Obviously some other players/picks would have to be thrown out there to make it work but these could be the center of this trade. Too ludicrous?

Comment

Originally posted by ignitionnight
            What about we send a second rounder to the Bears. The Bears send Lance Briggs to the Redskins, and the Redskins send us Taylor?

Obviously some other players/picks would have to be thrown out there to make it work but these could be the center of this trade. Too ludicrous?
            Given the Bears declined a trade from Washington of 6th overall for 31st overall and Briggs... you really think they'll give him up for our 2nd rounder?
            RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
              Given the Bears declined a trade from Washington of 6th overall for 31st overall and Briggs... you really think they'll give him up for our 2nd rounder?
              Originally posted by ignitionnight
              Did you even read my whole post?

Comment

People complain about Keyshawns attitude....................now people want Sean Taylor?

Just wow

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                  People complain about Keyshawns attitude....................now people want Sean Taylor?

Just wow
                  Keyshawn has been doing it for years. Taylor is under paid, made the Pro Bowl, and wants more money. That's how the NFL works.

His position is valid IMO. He has enough skill to be one of the best safeties in the NFL, and should be paid as such.
                  Originally posted by Soldier96B
                  i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Taylor wouldn't come cheap.
                    That's the brass problem to worry about the money.
                    I say go after the good and great talent.

I have no problem with Taylor.

(Don't think he'll be in a Broncos uniform though. Not this year.)
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                      Keyshawn has been doing it for years. Taylor is under paid, made the Pro Bowl, and wants more money. That's how the NFL works.

His position is valid IMO. He has enough skill to be one of the best safeties in the NFL, and should be paid as such.
                      Controversy

] DUI arrest

On October 27, 2004, Taylor was arrested at 2:45am for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol following a birthday party for former Redskins' receiver Rod Gardner. A Fairfax County, Virginia judge later acquitted Taylor of the charges in March 2005, after viewing a videotape of Taylor's roadside sobriety tests that, according to the judge, failed to demonstrate obvious intoxication. Taylor was, however, convicted for refusing to take a blood alcohol test requested of him by a Virginia state police officer. However, when this case was heard on appeal in March 2005, Taylor was acquitted of refusing to take a BAC test, due to lack of probable cause for the request.

Missing 2005 Redskins mini-camp

In May, 2005, Taylor, seeking a new contract with the Redskins, was the only Redskin who refused to appear for a Redskins' training mini-camp. Redskins coach Joe Gibbs acknowledged that the Redskins had had no contact with Taylor since he returned to Miami in January, 2005, and that he had failed to return repeated phone calls to him by Gibbs and other Redskins' coaching staff. Despite his legal and other difficulties, though, Gibbs has defended the drafting of Taylor, calling the preparation that went into his selection one of the "most researched things in the history of sports."

Taylor's agent is fellow University of Miami alumnus Drew Rosenhaus, widely considered one of the most aggressive agents currently representing NFL players. Rosenhaus currently is representing Taylor in his efforts to renegotiate his existing Redskins' contract.

Arrested for armed assault

Events:

* On June 3, 2005, Taylor was named publicly as a "person of interest" by Miami-Dade County police in regard to a Miami assault case involving firearms, and was being sought for questioning. "We need to speak to him, we don't know if he's a victim, witness or suspect," Miami-Dade police spokesman Mary Walters said. Taylor allegedly was present at, and possibly involved in, an incident on June 1, 2005 in Miami, in which bullets allegedly were fired into a stolen vehicle.

* On June 5, 2005, ESPN and The Miami Herald both reported that Taylor, accompanied by his lawyer, surrendered to Miami-Dade police at approximately 10pm ET on June 4 at Miami's Cutler Ridge district police station, where he was transported to Miami's Turner Guilford Knight correctional facility. He was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, a felony, and misdemeanor battery.

* On June 5, Miami-Dade police issued a statement indicating that Taylor had been arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm (a felony) and battery (a misdemeanor), for allegedly pointing a gun at a person over a dispute over two ATVs that Taylor claimed were stolen. Taylor then allegedly left the scene, but returned shortly and punched one person.

* The Associated Press reported on June 5 that Taylor was held in detention at Miami's Turner Gilford Knight correctional facility and released the evening of June 4 after posting bond of $16,500. The Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office announced that Taylor would soon be officially arraigned on the charges.

* The Washington Post reported on March 3, 2006 that Taylor's trial has been postponed until April 10, 2006. Days before that date, the trial was moved back once more, this time by a week, because of conflicts with Passover and Easter celebrations.

Plea agreement and resolution

On January 28, 2006, the Miami-Dade County prosecutor announced that he was filing new charges against Taylor, which would have increased his potential maximum jail time from 16 years to 46 years.

The new charges include increasing his felony assault charges from one to three, which reflects the allegation that, on June 1, 2005, he brandished a firearm at three individuals who Taylor believed stole two all-terrain vehicles from him.

The trial was again postponed on April 17, 2006 (to May 8, 2006), after the prosecutor in the case asked the presiding judge to be removed from the case. The County prosecutor's request for removal from the case came as Taylor's defense lawyers argued that the prosecutor was using the case to promote his side-work as a disc jockey in South Beach. Defense lawyers for Taylor have entered a motion for the case's complete dismissal, due to prosecutorial misconduct.

On May 8, 2006, the prosecution requested and received yet another extension of the case, citing the new prosecutor assigned to the case and a need for additional preparation time. It was scheduled to begin July 10, 2006 in Miami. On June 2, 2006, however, the charges against Taylor were dropped as part of a negotiated plea bargain. Taylor will donate his time to various charities and make $1,000 donations to 10 southern Florida schools in scholarships and, in exchange, will avoid jail time and a felony record.

Last I checked Keyshawn was never arrested for Armed Assault.

Keyshawn runs his mouth, Taylor is an idiot

Hypocrisy at its finest........

Comment

Controversy

Last I checked Keyshawn was never arrested for Armed Assault.

Keyshawn runs his mouth, Taylor is an idiot

Hypocrisy at its finest........
                        I was not aware of all of those events. Thanks for pointing that out to me. No way would I want him on my team.

Comment

I was not aware of all of those events. Thanks for pointing that out to me. No way would I want him on my team.
                          It's no problem really man. I just thought I would bring that to the table since people get all giddy over Keyshawn running his mouth, but when the idea of Taylor pops up everyone starts a coalition to bring him in or something

Ugh, I so should not be here on my Birthday........yet I am....peace out!

Comment

Ugh, I so should not be here on my Birthday........yet I am....peace out!
                            Happy Birthday. I just gave you a CP.

Comment

Happy Birthday. I just gave you a CP.
                              As did I

Comment

Working...
                              X