Keith Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Burns

I was just wondering what you guys think about this.

If Keith Burns hadn't retired, would ya'll place him in the running for a likely starter at MLB or as depth? Just a theoretical question

hell no.................

Comment

No, he's more of a special teamer, not starting mlb.
      sigpic

Comment

I just remember the year before last when Wilson was out in that San Diego game he filled in for him as starting MLB

Comment

There was a reason Burns played a miniscule amount of snaps as a regular defender. Great special teamer, below average to poor MLB.

Comment

even though they say he has retired and become a coach for Denver, he is still listed on the roster for some reason.....not sure if anyone else has noticed that or not

sig by Skywalker
            thanks Skywalker

Comment

Who will be the special teams captain since Burns retired.Also couldnt Burns unretire and play LB for us

Comment

Burns was drafted as a special teamer in the 7th round way back in the day. he is still on the roster cuz they havent gone through and started cleaning it up that much yet, they will by training camp...

I remember Webster being the fill in for Al.. although if Al got hurt and needed a backup during the game it had to be burns cuz Web was inactive (he doesnt play special teams so he is useless unless starting)
                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Did someone say, "Sign Randall Godfrey?"

Oh, right; I did, sorry.... :8)

It's funny, 'cos I remember saying at the end of last year I wanted to draft two DTs, a G and a MLB/3-4 OLB type, and one of the reasons I kept citing was Burns was into 15 seasons and likely to retire soon and I didn't see much depth behind our three awesome starters. Now Al AND Burns retired and the scramble has begun. The FO seems to like Holdman, but even if he can be a good SLB and D.J. a great MLB we're still back to not much depth. I mean, we've got warm bodies, but besides Green backing Gold and Lewis likely backing Holdman I'm a little concerned. MLB is punishing in any system, and word is Bates' MLBs have even greater demands. Y'know, not just blitzing, coverage and run stopping in addition to QBing the D, but other stuff, too. And if D.J. has to come out I don't think we have anyone with MLB experience other than Webster. When he was in for Al end of last year I wasn't too impressed.

So, yeah, sign Randall. ILB in SDs 3-4 but started as an OLB in Dallas. I think he's missed like two or three games in his whole career, and since he's played twelve years I wouldn't expect him to demand huge amounts of money; we know he'll be retiring soon. He's still a quality player though, and can produce for us in a hole we need to fill, while allowing us a few years to draft a long term investment for his retirement. Everybody wins: He gets a decent contract and to finish his career making SB runs and we get one of the last pieces of the puzzle to make that run without killing the cap for the next five years. Then I just have to worry about who backs up Warren and whether our talented young offense can consistently produce what they started showing last year.

Sure hate to see old warhorses like Al and Burns go, but I guess no one can play forever (except Blanda, Jim Marshall and Bruce Matthews). Enjoy retirement guys, and thanks for the ride and the memories.
                  SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                    I was just wondering what you guys think about this.

If Keith Burns hadn't retired, would ya'll place him in the running for a likely starter at MLB or as depth? Just a theoretical question
                    Depth only. I like Keith Burns but there is reason his entire career was spent playing Special Teams.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by hankin22
                      even though they say he has retired and become a coach for Denver, he is still listed on the roster for some reason.....not sure if anyone else has noticed that or not

The Roster wont get edited for several weeks.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                      X