Starting Strong Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Strong Safety

Who will our starting strong safety be for the majority of the season?
    Nick Ferguson
    54.72%
    Sam Brandon
    18.87%
    Hamza Abdullah
    13.21%
    Curome Cox
    2.83%
    Roderick Rogers
    5.66%
    Some Random Dude
    4.72%
    Last edited by mxbronco13; 05-13-2007, 10:30 PM.

Nick Ferguson. . . unfortunately. I prefer Sam Brandon but Ferguson will win the job. Ideally, I would put Brandon at FS and Lynch back at SS because Brandon is our best coverage safety, even though that's not saying much. Lynch is just too slow to cover fast receivers downfield, he is an in-the-box run stuffer and blitzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
      Nick Ferguson. . . unfortunately. I prefer Sam Brandon but Ferguson will win the job. Ideally, I would put Brandon at FS and Lynch back at SS because Brandon is our best coverage safety, even though that's not saying much. Lynch is just too slow to cover fast receivers downfield, he is an in-the-box run stuffer and blitzer.
      I would've said the same thing....

The starting safeties aren't that bad. They'll do just fine........I hope!

Comment

No idea. I really don't care who wins the job. I just want the best player playing it.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Gosh I hope we go safety next year in round one or two!

I think Lynch can still play at a high level but like everyone else I think he is and always has been a SS never really a FS.

The only other safeties that will be good valuble contributors are Cox and maybe Abdullah and Rogers.

Im sorry but I dont think Brandon is worth a darn, I view as high as I viewed Larry Coyer (needs to get the axe). I know he's used to guard other teams best TE's but I think if your going to create a position like that it should be for your best cover safety and with that Brandon might be but he gets beat way too often for my liking.

The rest of the safeties shouldn't be on our roster at any time past first cuts.

I can only hope that Buffalo practice squads Wendling so that we can sign him to our active roster.

Comment

At this stage it has to be Fergy...would like to see one of the young guys step up and challenge him though

Comment

Originally posted by DrewB
              At this stage it has to be Fergy...would like to see one of the young guys step up and challenge him though
              I agree,it have to be Fergy,and let Brandon come in on the passing downs.

Comment

Fergy will but if what JL says is true, Abdullah could get some good PT
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Safety is a position that just seems to concern alot of us fans huh?
                  Since well before the draft there have been more safety threads than any other topic it seems like.
                  Anyways, i have posted my opinion before but i will say it again.
                  Sam Brandon had all but taken Fergusons spot IMHO until he got injured as well.
                  Brandon came in and played fantastic! The defense got better with him playing.
                  As long as there are no injury concerns, i think Brandon will be starting opposite Lynch in some way. I would like to see Lynch at SS and Brandon at FS.
                  Last i heard both Brandon and Fergie were rehabing just fine and would be ready for camp.
                  BTW Brandon is the Broncos best coverage guy. I think the "BIG NICKEL" really helped him acclimate to the speed and coverages and when he was called to play full time he was more than ready.
                  I am always amazed that posters on this site dont give him his due for the great play he has brought in covering/shutting down the best TEs in the NFL, as well as doing whatever is asked of him by Shanny. He gets very little respect IMO, oh well!
                  Barring injury concerns, i think Brandon will suprise alot of you come camp.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                    I agree,it have to be Fergy,and let Brandon come in on the passing downs.
                    Fergalicious?
                    Originally posted by Soldier96B
                    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
                      Gosh I hope we go safety next year in round one or two!

I think Lynch can still play at a high level but like everyone else I think he is and always has been a SS never really a FS.

The only other safeties that will be good valuble contributors are Cox and maybe Abdullah and Rogers.

Im sorry but I dont think Brandon is worth a darn, I view as high as I viewed Larry Coyer (needs to get the axe). I know he's used to guard other teams best TE's but I think if your going to create a position like that it should be for your best cover safety and with that Brandon might be but he gets beat way too often for my liking.

The rest of the safeties shouldn't be on our roster at any time past first cuts.

I can only hope that Buffalo practice squads Wendling so that we can sign him to our active roster.
                      If he gets beat that often how is it that our defense against tight ends like Gates were so much better before he was hurt? You lost some credibility with that right there...
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
                        If he gets beat that often how is it that our defense against tight ends like Gates were so much better before he was hurt? You lost some credibility with that right there...
                        Exactly. Coyer had Brandon covering guys like Gates, Gonzales, Watson (which isn't of concern anymore), and all of the other big name TEs in the league. He's our TE extrordinaire (sp?), so-to-speak.
                        Originally posted by Soldier96B
                        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
                          Again, Brandon gets no love here even after shutting down the best TEs in the NFL. He does not just play so-so against them, he completely takes them out of the game!
                          Also, Wendling would be only used as a SS. His biggest weakness was in coverage. Guy is a great in the box SS, but the broncos would be way better off with even Cox playing FS. I would love to have Wendling, but as a replacement to SS only.
                          Many teams interviewed Wendling at the combine with the interest of turning him into a LB! I could see this happening in Buffalo considering that they have Simpson and Whitner. just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                            Exactly. Coyer had Brandon covering guys like Gates, Gonzales, Watson (which isn't of concern anymore), and all of the other big name TEs in the league. He's our TE extrordinaire (sp?), so-to-speak.
                            Actually it is he still plays for the Pats

Comment

I hope it is Curome he filled in very nicely last year and showed a lot of flashes of superstardome
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X