No announcement yet.

Starting Strong Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it will be sam brandon. he has the best coverage skills of any of our other safeties. john lynch is more a lineback at times. he can hit harder than most ppl in the league, but his coverage skills against some of the faster WRs in the league is lacking. we need someone at safety that can provide over the top help for bly and champ (even though they both have insane coverage skills). brandon is the guy best suited for this. our defense took a big hit last year when he got injured.

Comment

I think it will prolly be Ferguson. Although whoever it is I hope it is the best player...

I think Cox and Brandon and Abdullah give us some hope for at least one of the two spots being taken over by someone on the team, that would require us to only draft one replacement.
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

This poll is so obvious....next time lets make a poll whether the sun will come up tomorrow.

Comment

i would love Denver to move Lynch back to SS, and put someone in to play FS. This way the FS can keep up with the long ball better and Lynch can stand in and hit people in the box.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
            Nick Ferguson. . . unfortunately. I prefer Sam Brandon but Ferguson will win the job. Ideally, I would put Brandon at FS and Lynch back at SS because Brandon is our best coverage safety, even though that's not saying much. Lynch is just too slow to cover fast receivers downfield, he is an in-the-box run stuffer and blitzer.
            I'd put Lynch at SS, since he is slowing down, he's our biggest guy and, most importantly, a SS is really what he is. Brandon and Cox/Abdullah at FS and Lynch and Ferguson at SS. If nothing else it leaves us looking for several guys at one position (SS) when the 30+ Fergy and Lynch retire in a few years. However, unless Bates changes that dramatically, Shanny seems committed to Lynch at FS, so I imagine we'll see him and Fergy starting.
            SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by Ed Canfield
              i would love Denver to move Lynch back to SS, and put someone in to play FS. This way the FS can keep up with the long ball better and Lynch can stand in and hit people in the box.
              I'd put Lynch at SS, since he is slowing down, he's our biggest guy and, most importantly, a SS is really what he is. Brandon and Cox/Abdullah at FS and Lynch and Ferguson at SS. If nothing else it leaves us looking for several guys at one position (SS) when the 30+ Fergy and Lynch retire in a few years. However, unless Bates changes that dramatically, Shanny seems committed to Lynch at FS, so I imagine we'll see him and Fergy starting. The older Lynch gets and the smaller our sub SSs get though, the less sense it makes.
              SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
              X