Any word on Al?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Al?

I was just wondering if there was any news on AL Wilson. Are there any teams looking at him? Just curious if anyone knows anything.
    Last edited by dlewis76; 05-17-2007, 01:17 PM.

i havent heard anything i kinda hoep he retires i dont want to see one of my top 3 favorite players ever in a wheel chair paralyzed because he pushed his career to far i just have too much love for big al

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

As of now, Al will not be communicating with other teams, due to the fact he has not yet been medically cleared to play. So as of now, he's still waiting for regain health.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by stepurgameup101
        As of now, Al will not be communicating with other teams, due to the fact he has not yet been medically cleared to play. So as of now, he's still waiting for regain health.

Best of luck to him.
        Yes, while I believe he really wants to be out there,

I think his main area of concern is getting 100% healthy-- his injury obviously is way more serious than any of us here thought or knew.

I'm sure some teams have contacted him.

He wants to win a SB, so he wont go just anywhere.

Once he becomes healthy, who wants to bet that he'll go toa team for a year post some good numbers, and then want to resign with Denver?...

Like Ian Gold, although if he wants back, it wont be to play at MIKE. Which would be weird.

I thus retract my previous bet and raise it a Probowl for DJ Williams this year.
        Last edited by kcarr26; 05-16-2007, 07:11 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stepurgameup101

Best of luck to him.
          How could Denver try to trade AL,without getting clearance first

Comment

I think Al is going to succumb to the same fate that another one of our favorite LBs (John Mobley) did. Thats sitting out a season, hoping his neck gets well enough so that he may continue his football career. Unfortunately, I just don't see that being a realistic situation. Al was always one of my favorites on the team, since he had to be thrust into the starting role as a rookie. Good luck to Al.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
              How could Denver try to trade AL,without getting clearance first
              I am wondering the same thing. I thought I saw an artilcle in which Shanny said Al was cleared. Obviously Al's condition is more serious than what was thought.
              It would not be worth playing if he was at high risk of ending up paralyzed (although that could happen to any player on any given play).

Comment

Just curious...

Is there a possibility that if he is able to heal sufficiently that he could be signed back?

Not saying that either party would be interested in that, just wondering if it is something that might be not allowed for some reason or another.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

I hope he can get permission to play next year so we can pick him back up

Comment

We will not be picking him back up. Denver wanted to move D.J. to the middle, anyway.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I doubt this is HOW they wanted D.J. in the middle.

Al will most definitely be missed, but I fear others are correct that he's done. He's had nine years at the center of an elite NFL teams D, and plenty of cash come his way as a result (not to mention a SB Ring). There's not a whole lot left for him to prove, so why would he risk a permanent crippling injury to for more? I'll miss him, and appreciate his accomplishments and contributions, but I don't want to see Al back so badly I'm willing to jeopardize his long term health, and I don't think anyone else does either. If he came back I have a feeling it would be to Denver, but I have a feeling he's not returning. So, Al, thanks for the memories, congrats on your achievements, get well soon and enjoy retirement; heaven knows you earned it.
                      SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

hmm

Originally posted by Morambar
                        Al will most definitely be missed, but I fear others are correct that he's done. He's had nine years at the center of an elite NFL teams D, and plenty of cash come his way as a result (not to mention a SB Ring). There's not a whole lot left for him to prove, so why would he risk a permanent crippling injury to for more? I'll miss him, and appreciate his accomplishments and contributions, but I don't want to see Al back so badly I'm willing to jeopardize his long term health, and I don't think anyone else does either. If he came back I have a feeling it would be to Denver, but I have a feeling he's not returning. So, Al, thanks for the memories, congrats on your achievements, get well soon and enjoy retirement; heaven knows you earned it.

AL doesnt have a ring.. he joined us in 99, i feel bad for al

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                          I think Al is going to succumb to the same fate that another one of our favorite LBs (John Mobley) did. Thats sitting out a season, hoping his neck gets well enough so that he may continue his football career. Unfortunately, I just don't see that being a realistic situation. Al was always one of my favorites on the team, since he had to be thrust into the starting role as a rookie. Good luck to Al.
                          if memory serves me right didnt he play strong side his first year. man how time flies
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Waiting for Wilson
                            <Apr. 23> The Giants are among a few teams willing to give Wilson a chance despite his back problems, according to John Clayton. The only problem is he hasn't been released. The five-time Pro Bowl linebacker remains on the Broncos' roster even though he held a press conference to announce he was being cut. The Broncos said nothing during that emotional press conference. It's pretty clear they will release him, but his rights currently belong to the Broncos.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Comment

If He is Healthy Again

Hopefully he gets healthy and we resign him,it would suck to see him go to Oak or Kc or some team we hate
                              BRONCOPOWER

Comment

Working...
                              X