Another DT Possibility??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DT Possibility??

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported there are trade conditions in the deal that sent Darwin Walker to the Bills from the Eagles. If Walker doesn't agree to a new contract by a certain date and remains away from the Buffalo facility, he returns to Philadelphia and the Bills get a 2008 sixth-round pick from the Eagles. That sounds like a condition of the trade that will more than likely send Walker back to Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if another team is willing to meet Walker's contract demands and send the Eagles a draft pick of equal or better value than the one they lost. Buffalo has the difficult task of getting Walker on its field. He controls the trade condition in this deal and he may want to play for another team.

If he does return to Philadelphia and requests to play for another team...could this be something for us??

ORANGE CRUSH!!!

No need to go after Walker when we already have McKinley and Thomas. The only DT that is worth picking up at this point is Sam Adams. Walker isn't a space eater. He would be filling the role that McKinley and Thomas are already filling.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos316
      Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported there are trade conditions in the deal that sent Darwin Walker to the Bills from the Eagles. If Walker doesn't agree to a new contract by a certain date and remains away from the Buffalo facility, he returns to Philadelphia and the Bills get a 2008 sixth-round pick from the Eagles. That sounds like a condition of the trade that will more than likely send Walker back to Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if another team is willing to meet Walker's contract demands and send the Eagles a draft pick of equal or better value than the one they lost. Buffalo has the difficult task of getting Walker on its field. He controls the trade condition in this deal and he may want to play for another team.

If he does return to Philadelphia and requests to play for another team...could this be something for us??
      I was wondering how long it would take for someone to suggest this.

At any rate I think the answer is no. First of all, Walker will come with a hefty price tag. Second, if we did that, then Shanahan wasted a pick on Thomas. In my opinion that doesn't make much sense.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        I was wondering how long it would take for someone to suggest this.

At any rate I think the answer is no. First of all, Walker will come with a hefty price tag. Second, if we did that, then Shanahan wasted a pick on Thomas. In my opinion that doesn't make much sense.
        Wasted a pick?

Comment

I think we're good, now that we have Jimmy Kennedy and have like 9 DT's on the roster, I think we can find at least two quality starters out of there

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
            I think we're good, now that we have Jimmy Kennedy and have like 9 DT's on the roster, I think we can find at least two quality starters out of there
            Actually, the Broncos have to find a minimum of 2 starters and two back-ups. However, your main point that we should be able to find the quality that we need at D-tackle is much improved in the last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
              Actually, the Broncos have to find a minimum of 2 starters and two back-ups. However, your main point that we should be able to find the quality that we need at D-tackle is much improved in the last week.

How many defensive tackles do you think the Broncos will carry this year? Last year we carried five so my guess is that they will carry five this year as well.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

How many defensive tackles do you think the Broncos will carry this year? Last year we carried five so my guess is that they will carry five this year as well.
                5 DTs is what I was thinking too. Warren, Adams, Kennedy, McKinley, and Thomas? Burton or Gordon to the practice squad, perhaps Steven Harris if he agrees to put on 40 lbs.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'd start Warren and Adams, and use McKinley, Thomas and Kennedy in the rotation.

I really think we've greatly improved our defensive line over the last two weeks or so, to the point where it's no longer going to be considered a weakness.

(Of course, we are still missing a pass rusher or two)
                  - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

Five: Warren, Adams, Kennedy, Thomas, McKinley

I predict that Veal, Burton, and Gordon will all get the axe and Steven Harris will be signed onto the PS.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCanada
                      (Of course, we are still missing a pass rusher or two)

Maybe Moss and Crowder will both come out of the gate like gangbusters, and I trust Dumervil to put consistent pressure whenever he's in.

Comment

Working...
                      X