Let's get Herndon back (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    herndon got beat like rented mule when he played in DEN, he could not even beat out walls or so the coaches said. We drafted 3 CBs they year after he left

Why would we want him back after 3 years in SEA with a broken ankle?

He was nothing special in DEN before,
    was nothing special in SEA,
    we have the best CB in the NFL,
    we have an ex pro bowl CB on the other side,
    we have foxworth that would have beat him out anyway,
    and payhma that has even more upside than foxworth,
    he is 31 one years old.

Please tell me again why we would want him?
    He must be a classy guy if he played for us. plus you can never have enough Dbacks....

remember the playoffs guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
      He must be a classy guy if he played for us. plus you can never have enough Dbacks....

remember the playoffs guys?
      But you have to have quality defensive backs and a front seven that can get pressure. Honestly like many others here I don't Herndon was that good.

The other thing is with four three defense you have to carry a lot of defensive linemen. As it stands I count 4 cornerbacks and 3 safties that will be on the roster at the start of the season.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Well we can put that to rest, he signed with the Titans.

Source

Following furious weeks of contacts and visits after being released by the Seahawks, cornerback Kelly Herndon accepted a three-year contract to play for the Tennessee Titans.

Terms of the deal were not available, but his salary was substantial enough to be a consideration for a starting job and at worst to be the team's third cornerback. Pacman Jones is expected to miss the entire season on a suspension coming from commissioner Roger Goodell, which put the Titans in the market for a veteran cornerback.

Tennessee signed former Colts cornerback Nick Harper to a three-year, $9.4 million deal months ago prior to Jones' suspension. That left Jeff Fisher with Harper, Reynaldo Hill and Andre Woolfolk at cornerback. Even though Jones appealed his year-long suspension and has the ability to shorten it to 10 games, the Titans didn't want to take any chances and the chance to sign Herndon appealed to him.

Herndon was under consideration by the Chiefs, Lions and several other teams. He visited the Titans after a visit to Kansas City.

After thinking about his chances, Herndon decided to sign with the Titans.

Comment

I'm glad Herndon was able to find his way to another team.

I'm also thrilled that it ends the discussion here.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            I'm glad Herndon was able to find his way to another team.

I'm also thrilled that it ends the discussion here.
            ....and none too soon....
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X