X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I'm glad Herndon was able to find his way to another team.

I'm also thrilled that it ends the discussion here.
    ....and none too soon....

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    I'm glad Herndon was able to find his way to another team.

I'm also thrilled that it ends the discussion here.

Leave a comment:

• badlandz
    replied
    Well we can put that to rest, he signed with the Titans.

Source

Following furious weeks of contacts and visits after being released by the Seahawks, cornerback Kelly Herndon accepted a three-year contract to play for the Tennessee Titans.

Terms of the deal were not available, but his salary was substantial enough to be a consideration for a starting job and at worst to be the team's third cornerback. Pacman Jones is expected to miss the entire season on a suspension coming from commissioner Roger Goodell, which put the Titans in the market for a veteran cornerback.

Tennessee signed former Colts cornerback Nick Harper to a three-year, $9.4 million deal months ago prior to Jones' suspension. That left Jeff Fisher with Harper, Reynaldo Hill and Andre Woolfolk at cornerback. Even though Jones appealed his year-long suspension and has the ability to shorten it to 10 games, the Titans didn't want to take any chances and the chance to sign Herndon appealed to him.

Herndon was under consideration by the Chiefs, Lions and several other teams. He visited the Titans after a visit to Kansas City.

After thinking about his chances, Herndon decided to sign with the Titans.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
    He must be a classy guy if he played for us. plus you can never have enough Dbacks....

remember the playoffs guys?
    But you have to have quality defensive backs and a front seven that can get pressure. Honestly like many others here I don't Herndon was that good.

The other thing is with four three defense you have to carry a lot of defensive linemen. As it stands I count 4 cornerbacks and 3 safties that will be on the roster at the start of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    Originally posted by JRWIZ
    herndon got beat like rented mule when he played in DEN, he could not even beat out walls or so the coaches said. We drafted 3 CBs they year after he left

Why would we want him back after 3 years in SEA with a broken ankle?

He was nothing special in DEN before,
    was nothing special in SEA,
    we have the best CB in the NFL,
    we have an ex pro bowl CB on the other side,
    we have foxworth that would have beat him out anyway,
    and payhma that has even more upside than foxworth,
    he is 31 one years old.

Please tell me again why we would want him?
    He must be a classy guy if he played for us. plus you can never have enough Dbacks....

remember the playoffs guys?

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by RunByDesign
    Let's don't.

This guy tackles (if you can call it that) like a ballerina and has the coverage skills of an offensive lineman.
    I don't remember much about his tackling skills, but maybe that's because I remember that he had average (and that is at best) coverage skills.

Leave a comment:

• RunByDesign
    replied
    Originally posted by ttejuco
    He was always better than lenny walls and now we can get him back for more depth. It's not like he's going to start, but he could be a good 4th cb and special teamer.
    Let's don't.

This guy tackles (if you can call it that) like a ballerina and has the coverage skills of an offensive lineman.

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman1987
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
    Considering we are in need of a safety and we may in fact move foxy to safety I feel he could be a great fit into our dominant D-backing defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2890699
    how bout not

Leave a comment:

• JRWIZ
    replied
    herndon got beat like rented mule when he played in DEN, he could not even beat out walls or so the coaches said. We drafted 3 CBs they year after he left

Why would we want him back after 3 years in SEA with a broken ankle?

He was nothing special in DEN before,
    was nothing special in SEA,
    we have the best CB in the NFL,
    we have an ex pro bowl CB on the other side,
    we have foxworth that would have beat him out anyway,
    and payhma that has even more upside than foxworth,
    he is 31 one years old.

Please tell me again why we would want him?

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    yeah a complete break always sucks.....

well its not even like he would know the system...LOL

heres to what we got! (circus kircus ftw)

Leave a comment:

• TR3Y
    replied
    Puff....

Puff....

PASS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    I don't like Herndon at CB or S. He's nothing more than a 4th corner IMO, and his play in Seattle was less than stellar.

He also broke his ankle clean in half at the end of the season, so he's probably not in great health right now, either.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hansolo
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SEA/10206486

Sorry if this was already posted...
    It would be good depth iif Herndon takes less money

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    I like who we have at CB. And we need a safety, we don't need a CB playing out of position. Foxworth is a better fit at CB, it's just unfortunate that he's probably a better S then some of the one's we have too.

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    just a thought....

i remember we let him go and we kept lenny walls and that retard turned into a seperating shoulder machine......

THAT WAS SO STUPID HE ONLY HAD ONE INT!

circus kircus ftw

Leave a comment:

Working...
X