Rams DT Kennedy to help Broncos get bigger on defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams DT Kennedy to help Broncos get bigger on defense

After a couple years of frustration, the Rams have traded former first-round choice Jimmy Kennedy to the Denver Broncos for what is believed to be a sixth-round pick.

Kennedy, a first-round pick in 2003, is a 6-4, 325-pound former Penn State star whom the Rams hoped would solidify the interior of their defensive line. Over the past two seasons, though, they've had trouble getting Kennedy to conform to the team's style of defense. They wanted him to be more of a run-stopper. He wanted to shoot the gap and try to disrupt.

The Broncos were a fit because they want to get bigger along the defensive line. The other day, the Broncos signed defensive tackle Sam Adams. Now, Kennedy will be thrown into the mix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2897672

I dont really know much about him, bust?

Man Warren is outta here! Adams is probably going to perform way better than Warren, Thomas is going to be a factor, and this guy we just signed probably can play just as good as old Gerard and he's younger too.

Comment

ya he is a bust he had one "respectable" season with 33 tackles and 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble but thats about all you can say about him.

Looks like the Broncos arent seeing what they want out of the other guys on the D-line.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
        Man Warren is outta here! Adams is probably going to perform way better than Warren, Thomas is going to be a factor, and this guy we just signed probably can play just as good as old Gerard and he's younger too.
        Warren is still our best DT.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Now we have very good depth on the D-line. This guy will probably rotate in for Adams. This also tells me that Demetrin Veal could likely be gone because he is not as big as Warren, Adams, Thomas, and now Kennedy. From the acquisitions of Adams and Kennedy, you can tell Bates wants BIG DTs and Veal isn't one.

To me this also indicates Broncos are going to address safety next offseason. Because we now appear to have good depth at both DT and DE.
          Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 06-08-2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

How good is that guy you have. ummm Dumervill? Does anybody think he would start?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesy
              How good is that guy you have. ummm Dumervill? Does anybody think he would start?

Dumervil is a valuable backup. He can wreak havoc off the edge on 3rd downs (passing downs). He's our Robert Mathis. I think he could be a good starter, but he is probably more effective as a pure pass-rusher coming off the bench as he is smallish and does not hold up against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
                Dumervil is a valuable backup. He can wreak havoc off the edge on 3rd downs (passing downs). He's our Robert Mathis. I think he could be a good starter, but he is probably more effective as a pure pass-rusher coming off the bench as he is smallish and does not hold up against the run.
                thanks a lot for the info! I owe you a CP when I refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesy
                  He's 5'11" 260lbs and is a pass rushing DE.
                  Originally posted by Soldier96B
                  i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by OtmShank
                    Over the past two seasons, though, they've had trouble getting Kennedy to conform to the team's style of defense. They wanted him to be more of a run-stopper. He wanted to shoot the gap and try to disrupt.

The Broncos were a fit because they want to get bigger along the defensive line. The other day, the Broncos signed defensive tackle Sam Adams. Now, Kennedy will be thrown into the mix.

"Kennedy wants to shoot gaps and disrupt".

"Rams wanted him to runstop".

"Broncos want his size".

Funny. His only purpose in Denver is for size. Maybe he'll just fall forward every snap and hope to take 2 guys with him.

Comment

This guy looks like here's here for rotation (like Adams) not as a full-time solution. We picked up Adams for run-clogging situations, and Kennedy for disrupting situations. This way we don't have to wear out Adams by keeping him in on obvious passing downs, and we allow Kennedy to do what he wants to do (and is probably best at).

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
                        I think Warren's job is safe. In my opinion it's probably an indicator that Burton and Gordon will more than likely be cut.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                          "Kennedy wants to shoot gaps and disrupt".

"Rams wanted him to runstop".

"Broncos want his size".

Funny. His only purpose in Denver is for size. Maybe he'll just fall forward every snap and hope to take 2 guys with him.

lets do the math....if he takes 2 guys and Adams takes 2 guys

sounds like it's going to be an interesting season heheh
                          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

This guy has a lot of talent, but he has been a huge letdown for the Rams. Maybe in a new system with a fresh start he can contribute. Definately worth a 6th round pick to find out. I think Gordon and Burton are gone. I will be shocked and disappointed if Warren is let go. With Warren, Adams, and Thomas we have a great foundation in the middle of our line. From there, it will be interesting to see who wins a roster spot. Kennedy, McKinley, and Veal have to be the favorites

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                              Gordon and Veal are toast.
                              I think Burton is as well.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X