No announcement yet.

Rams DT Kennedy to help Broncos get bigger on defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might be a bust for getting the money that a 1st round pick was getting, but that may not mean he's a complete bust as an NFL player. Considering we just gave up a 6th round pick for him, he might very well perform excellent for a 6th round pick.

But this is no way means Warren is out. Warren was (and probably still is) our best DT. We don't even know if this guy will make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
      I think Warren's job is safe. In my opinion it's probably an indicator that Burton and Gordon will more than likely be cut.
      i think gordon will get cut before burton will because gordon only weighs 294 and burton weighs 315. burton fits what we are trying to do up front. i just dont know if he has the talent to be able to crack the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by OtmShank
        After a couple years of frustration, the Rams have traded former first-round choice Jimmy Kennedy to the Denver Broncos for what is believed to be a sixth-round pick.

Kennedy, a first-round pick in 2003, is a 6-4, 325-pound former Penn State star whom the Rams hoped would solidify the interior of their defensive line. Over the past two seasons, though, they've had trouble getting Kennedy to conform to the team's style of defense. They wanted him to be more of a run-stopper. He wanted to shoot the gap and try to disrupt.

The Broncos were a fit because they want to get bigger along the defensive line. The other day, the Broncos signed defensive tackle Sam Adams. Now, Kennedy will be thrown into the mix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2897672

I dont really know much about him, bust?

That makes no sense. He want's to play one gap not two. but at his size he should be a two and that's what Bates wants not a one gap. he didn't play well as a two gap so I don't understand this trade
        President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
          i think gordon will get cut before burton will because gordon only weighs 294 and burton weighs 315. burton fits what we are trying to do up front. i just dont know if he has the talent to be able to crack the rotation.
          Just the defensive tackles on the team:

Warren

McKinley

Adams

Thomas

Veal

Gordon

Burton

Kennedy

I think I got all of them. That's eight DTs and I don't think will carry more than five. Especially inlight of how DEs will be carrying as well.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
            "Kennedy wants to shoot gaps and disrupt".

"Rams wanted him to runstop".

"Broncos want his size".

Funny. His only purpose in Denver is for size. Maybe he'll just fall forward every snap and hope to take 2 guys with him.

LMAO!! That was great. CP for you.
            President Cool

Comment

Warren

McKinley

Adams

Thomas

Veal

Gordon

Burton

Kennedy

I think I got all of them. That's eight DTs and I don't think will carry more than five. Especially inlight of how DEs will be carrying as well.
              im not saying that he wont be cut, in all likely hood he will be, i saying that he has the size that we want our DTs. its just that im not sure if has the talent to be able to be part of the five or six DTs that we keep one the team.

Comment

THere's no way we let Gerrard go. He's the perfect fit for our D-Line. I think this is a perfect example of an excellent talent being wasted by coaches telling him to do something he isn't good at. If he wants to shoot gaps and disrupt, then that's probably what he's best at. I would love seeing this guy and Thomas in there with Jarvis and Dumervil on passing downs. Can you imagine? Two 310+ pound guys that can effectively rush the passer, and then two excellent speed rushers on the end.

Dang.

Comment

Warren

McKinley

Adams

Thomas

Veal

Gordon

Burton

Kennedy

Without looking at the roster to get an official number, I know of at least one person you have left off. He probably won't make the team, but the undrafted rookie from Florida, Steven Harris, is also competing.

Comment

We really addressed our DT depth problem this week, we got some great vets in Adams and Kennedy. Both of these guys have size and have lots of experience which is something we haven't had for awhile on the D-line.

Now the rookies on the team have less pressure on their shoulders, and they will have a better chance to succeed this year because of these signings. This also takes some pressure off Warren and our DEs.

I think the coaches saw that Marcus Thomas wasn't the answer right away at DT so they made these moves.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                      We really addressed our DT depth problem this week, we got some great vets in Adams and Kennedy. Both of these guys have size and have lots of experience which is something we haven't had for awhile on the D-line.

Now the rookies on the team have less pressure on their shoulders, and they will have a better chance to succeed this year because of these signings. This also takes some pressure off Warren and our DEs.

I think the coaches saw that Marcus Thomas wasn't the answer right away at DT so they made these moves.
                      Kennedy and Adams could have been the Rams starters and many teams starters entering this season. Now they will be in our rotation as backups. If thats not getting bang for your buck I dont know what is. We really have to give it up to the front office for addressing obvious needs. In other news if Hixon or Marshall dont show up, we are going to be screaming for a Wideout all season long. And dont even get me started on the safety position. Something is always our achilles heel.

Scouting Report on Kennedy

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kennedy_jimmy
                      A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

This makes me laugh. I have watched St. Louis play for several years and I have seen a lot of Jimmy Kennedy the past few. For those of you who do not know much about him, I will spare you the supspense. This guy pretty much sucks. We will see how it all pans out I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesy
                          How good is that guy you have. ummm Dumervill? Does anybody think he would start?
                          He will definately be a factor but I think he should get a look at Sam linebacker.
                          Hes very fast and seems to be pretty strong, its about getting our best players on the field and hes definately a football player.

Comment

Bottonline, Shannahan is doing what he always does; his simple plan is to he floods a position and lets the players fight it out and usually we end up with a better player (or a better attitude from a player) because they know there is a long line for the starter position or on the roster. Competition brings our the best in people.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                              He will definately be a factor but I think he should get a look at Sam linebacker.
                              Hes very fast and seems to be pretty strong, its about getting our best players on the field and hes definately a football player.
                              thanks man. I apretiate it!

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                                "Kennedy wants to shoot gaps and disrupt".

"Rams wanted him to runstop".

"Broncos want his size".

Funny. His only purpose in Denver is for size. Maybe he'll just fall forward every snap and hope to take 2 guys with him.

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X