Rams DT Kennedy to help Broncos get bigger on defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheesy
    How good is that guy you have. ummm Dumervill? Does anybody think he would start?
    Thank You Dumervil is going to start he was our sack leader last year with 8.5
    BRONCOPOWER

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
      Man Warren is outta here! Adams is probably going to perform way better than Warren, Thomas is going to be a factor, and this guy we just signed probably can play just as good as old Gerard and he's younger too.
      Why does everyone say this? Warren is not great and is arguably overpaid, but he is by far still the best DT we have. I'm not sure that the legions of fans who state this repeatedly can cogently explain why he is such a horrible player.

Comment

Originally posted by hilife
        That makes no sense. He want's to play one gap not two. but at his size he should be a two and that's what Bates wants not a one gap. he didn't play well as a two gap so I don't understand this trade
        I also don't understand the apparent clash of philosophies here. On the other hand, why not risk a 6th rounder on a potential quality player? Though it confuses me also, I'll go along with it.

Comment

Hi Broncos Fans.

This will be my first and last post on this board, but I just wanted to see the view from Denver.

FYI -

Jimmy Kennedy has been pretty much the most reviled Rams player for the last 4 years on the Rams squad. There is a reason the Rams Run D ranked 31st in the league last year.

Sure the guy has size, but unfortunately after the snaps, all that size was only heading backwards. He spent most of 2006 on his back (where you can find all the grass stains on his Jersey).

The RAMS now have at DT:
          LaRoi Glover 10+ yr vet
          Claude Wroten (2nd year player) and
          3 rookies, one of which, Adam Carriker, played DE at Nebraska, and is being moved inside.

The Rams brass (and most fans) consider this to be an upgrade.

Good luck with the guy!

Comment

Originally posted by ViewFromStLouis
            Hi Broncos Fans.

This will be my first and last post on this board, but I just wanted to see the view from Denver.

FYI -

Jimmy Kennedy has been pretty much the most reviled Rams player for the last 4 years on the Rams squad. There is a reason the Rams Run D ranked 31st in the league last year.

Sure the guy has size, but unfortunately after the snaps, all that size was only heading backwards. He spent most of 2006 on his back (where you can find all the grass stains on his Jersey).

The RAMS now have at DT:
            LaRoi Glover 10+ yr vet
            Claude Wroten (2nd year player) and
            3 rookies, one of which, Adam Carriker, played DE at Nebraska, and is being moved inside.

The Rams brass (and most fans) consider this to be an upgrade.

Good luck with the guy!
            Well if he doesn't pan out we have depth to take his place anyways (did I really just say that about our DT's? :dance

And besides, he is going to be used as a rotation anyways so it's all good.

Comment

Hahaha, I wish the math were that simple. Not every team uses the smaller guard system like us. But I do like having two big bodies in the middle....especially when they are as talented as the DT's we have this up and coming season.......and dont be surprised if Sam Adams has a great year.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
                Man Warren is outta here! Adams is probably going to perform way better than Warren, Thomas is going to be a factor, and this guy we just signed probably can play just as good as old Gerard and he's younger too.
                I used to strongly disagree with you on this matter, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

We have at least 7 or 8 bodies now at DT, some with guaranteed slots, some without.

I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't be super surprised if Gerard gets axed.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  I used to strongly disagree with you on this matter, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

We have at least 7 or 8 bodies now at DT, some with guaranteed slots, some without.

I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't be super surprised if Gerard gets axed.

i think the most probable scenario is that they give him a chance this year to show that he can play up to his contract now that those turf toes have healed up. . . i won't be SHOCKED if he's cut this year, but i will be surprised. . . if he doesn't step it up, i think he may be gone next year. . . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I don't see how this means Warren should get cut. We don't know anything about this Kennedy guy. The article basically says that the Rams wanted him to do exactly what we want him to do, and he wouldn't do it. Plus Adams is pretty old(still glad we got em) and only signed a one year deal. So if we cut Warren, this Kennedy guy sucks and Adams only plays one year what are we left with. Thomas who is a rookie with "character issues"(again glad we got em) and a bunch of guys that we know aren't any good.

Comment

Warren was supurb in 2005...

He had supar year last year b/c:

(1) He was injured
                      (2) He never got it going b/c he was nicked during camp
                      (3) He had no help, just double teams

One of the reasons he was dominating at times his first year in Denver was the presence of C-Brown.

NOW... with all this help at DT and emergence of a young, promising DE combinations... I expect Warren to get it back to pro bowl level. PLUS... being healthy again will help.

I think Warren + having Adams/Kennedy will make for a formidable DT frontline. ALSO... having Thomas, Mckinnley, Burton, Veal as replacements instead of starters will make DT postion a strength and we'll see HUGE improvement in production.

ALSO... having new scheme will make everything better.

I think having Lang, Ekuban, Elvis, Moss, Crowder will make DE situation better as well.

Broncos now have the perfect scenario... a wonderfull combination of youth, experience and talent to comprose the D-line.

Denver went from having NO d-line... a weakness and vulnerability to having a potenitally devastating d-line which is a STRENGTH.

Ekuban (Moss)
                      Adams (Thomas)
                      Warren (Kennedy)
                      Lang (Elvis)

WOW... That's pressure. We can collpase the pocket, smash the pocket... Blow it up in yuor face, come get you from the ends... You cannot run or hide frrom us... AND... even if we don;t sack you... if you get the ball out too early... CHAMP is chomping at the bit and Dre Bly is lurking and DJ is runnig wild!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Just the defensive tackles on the team:

Warren

McKinley

Adams

Thomas

Veal

Gordon

Burton

Kennedy

I think I got all of them. That's eight DTs and I don't think will carry more than five. Especially inlight of how DEs will be carrying as well.
                        You forgot Steven Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
                          Warren was supurb in 2005...

He had supar year last year b/c:

(1) He was injured
                          (2) He never got it going b/c he was nicked during camp
                          (3) He had no help, just double teams

One of the reasons he was dominating at times his first year in Denver was the presence of C-Brown.

NOW... with all this help at DT and emergence of a young, promising DE combinations... I expect Warren to get it back to pro bowl level. PLUS... being healthy again will help.

I think Warren + having Adams/Kennedy will make for a formidable DT frontline. ALSO... having Thomas, Mckinnley, Burton, Veal as replacements instead of starters will make DT postion a strength and we'll see HUGE improvement in production.

ALSO... having new scheme will make everything better.

I think having Lang, Ekuban, Elvis, Moss, Crowder will make DE situation better as well.

Broncos now have the perfect scenario... a wonderfull combination of youth, experience and talent to comprose the D-line.

Denver went from having NO d-line... a weakness and vulnerability to having a potenitally devastating d-line which is a STRENGTH.

Ekuban (Moss)
                          Adams (Thomas)
                          Warren (Kennedy)
                          Lang (Elvis)

WOW... That's pressure. We can collpase the pocket, smash the pocket... Blow it up in yuor face, come get you from the ends... You cannot run or hide frrom us... AND... even if we don;t sack you... if you get the ball out too early... CHAMP is chomping at the bit and Dre Bly is lurking and DJ is runnig wild!

Crowder's not even a backup? So you think he'll be cut? Personally I see him starting at LE from the getgo and Ekuban will be cut.

Comment

Say Goodbye to McKinley :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                              He will definately be a factor but I think he should get a look at Sam linebacker.
                              Hes very fast and seems to be pretty strong, its about getting our best players on the field and hes definately a football player.
                              He timed 4.75 in the forty which is slow for a linebacker. and people have questioned his straight line speed. and his ability to work in space. Situational Rusher is all were ever gonna get out of him. MAYBE a starter but i doubt it.
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
                                I don't see how this means Warren should get cut. We don't know anything about this Kennedy guy. The article basically says that the Rams wanted him to do exactly what we want him to do, and he wouldn't do it. Plus Adams is pretty old(still glad we got em) and only signed a one year deal. So if we cut Warren, this Kennedy guy sucks and Adams only plays one year what are we left with. Thomas who is a rookie with "character issues"(again glad we got em) and a bunch of guys that we know aren't any good.
                                I bet Warren and Kennedy are just about as good as each other, and they're the same type of player, a big DT who wants to rush the passer. Adams will be a good guy to have around for goal line and short yardage defense, and he can play when either Warren or Kennedy is having a bad game or injured. Meanwhile our rookie tackles can work their way in.

Comment

Working...
                                X