• Show
Clear All

• Broncomania96
    replied
    Chad Henne should be higher on the list

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    These will change a whole lot when the season begins, there are some guys rated who will just have a bad year and fall off a lot and guys who surprise everybody and makes a huge leap

Leave a comment:

• Nyx
    replied
    I dont follow college ball so I really dont know who these guys are but I was surprised not to see any running backs listed either

Leave a comment:

• lex
    replied
    I think Laurinaitus is overrated. Also, did anyone watch Desean Jackson in that USC game? When USC banged him around a little bit, Jackson completely disappeared in the passing game. So he is basically a returner at this point and Im not sure I want a returner with the round 1 pick. I guess it all depends and it might work in that he can stretch the field but he needs to prove more as a receiver before Im sold on him as a 1st round pick.

Leave a comment:

• MHS
    replied
    i hope the broncos draft James Laurinitas (sp?) or Connor or even bruce davis

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
    I don't like Limas Sweed; he is too slow. He is basically a poor man's Jarrett. Let the Broncos get DeSean Jackson, Early Doucet, Mario Manningham, or Andre Caldwell instead and I'll be much happier. We need a speedy wideout if anything (on offense) anyways. DeSean Jackson is particularly appealing because he is arguably the fastest player in college football right now and is a lethal KR/PR.

Doubt we go offensive tackle in the first; unless Pears and/or Meadows really stink it up on the right side, which is entirely possible. If that's the case, Gosder Cherilus is our guy. I think LT and the depth behind it is fine; Lepsis has plenty left in the tank and is a rock, and Harris will be there to take over when he leaves.

I think if we go for a LB it should be a SAM - I firmly believe in both DJ Williams and Ian Gold. That's why I like Shawn Crable (Michigan) and Brian Cushing (USC junior) - both are legit strongside backers. Cushing is a first round guy while Crable will go sometime on the first day.

Safety is the biggest need. Right now it does look like a weak class, especially at the top. Phillips is obviously on everybody's wish list but he is also a surefire top 10 selection. Meaning we would have to trade up. However, since Denver appears to be good all-around football team, I wouldn't mind aggressively trading up to get him - even if it means sacrificing multiple picks. He's that good.

You seriously think he's slow? I don't see that at all. He ran a 4.5 as a recruit at 205lbs. That'd be pretty good if he can still ran that at 215. He looks that good with pads on, imo.

Btw, Shawn Crable!

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Im down with Limas Sweed or Frank Okam for sure

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos Rex
    An early look at next years draft...I think our biggest need will be safety and then linebacker....So after looking at this the first thing that i noticed is there is not one Safety in the top 25....not good for us
    Makes no odds, we won't be picking that high anyway

Leave a comment:

• D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    replied
    I don't like Limas Sweed; he is too slow. He is basically a poor man's Jarrett. Let the Broncos get DeSean Jackson, Early Doucet, Mario Manningham, or Andre Caldwell instead and I'll be much happier. We need a speedy wideout if anything (on offense) anyways. DeSean Jackson is particularly appealing because he is arguably the fastest player in college football right now and is a lethal KR/PR.

Doubt we go offensive tackle in the first; unless Pears and/or Meadows really stink it up on the right side, which is entirely possible. If that's the case, Gosder Cherilus is our guy. I think LT and the depth behind it is fine; Lepsis has plenty left in the tank and is a rock, and Harris will be there to take over when he leaves.

I think if we go for a LB it should be a SAM - I firmly believe in both DJ Williams and Ian Gold. That's why I like Shawn Crable (Michigan) and Brian Cushing (USC junior) - both are legit strongside backers. Cushing is a first round guy while Crable will go sometime on the first day.

Safety is the biggest need. Right now it does look like a weak class, especially at the top. Phillips is obviously on everybody's wish list but he is also a surefire top 10 selection. Meaning we would have to trade up. However, since Denver appears to be good all-around football team, I wouldn't mind aggressively trading up to get him - even if it means sacrificing multiple picks. He's that good.
    Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 06-09-2007, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Caliraiderhater
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed
    I'm liking Baker, Okam, Rivers, Sweed, Conner or Calais Campbell/Kenny Phillips if one comes out early. (Phillips will, imo. Campbell is talking about staying...We'll see, his hype is starting build momentum)

Of course all of these players will be long gone by the time Denver is on the clock...
    Thats what people would have said about Brady Quinn, Greg Olsen, Alan Branch, Paul Posluszny, Dwayne Jarrett and our boy Marcus Thomas before the draft too...so you just never know! Comon its the NFL draft you can hardly ever predict it!

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    I'm liking Baker, Okam, Rivers, Sweed, Conner or Calais Campbell/Kenny Phillips if one comes out early. (Phillips will, imo. Campbell is talking about staying...We'll see, his hype is starting build momentum)

Of course all of these players will be long gone by the time Denver is on the clock...
    Last edited by stnzed; 06-09-2007, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    This is a great overall class. A lot of depth at receiver, offensive tackle and linebacker - which will probably be considered needs next year. It's good for defensive line too, and I expect that we'll add some more youth (like another young DT) to the mix early on and it'd be a great year for that.

Like you said, it sucks for safety - and unless Kenny Phillips comes out, there is no first-rounder in this class, and it'll be unlikely we could even sniff him if we have a good year.

Thanks for this!
    If this was 4 months before the draft, yeah i'd be worried. But we haven't even seen a single down of College Football so far, I'm sure a few safeties will be able to distinguish themselves from the rest.

Leave a comment:

• columbiaskinny
    replied
    The W.R. class is deep.

Good to see that Earl Bennett was'nt on Mels list. He seems to be flying under the radar.

The further back he's shuffled the better.

Though he's not flying under it in the SEC:http://vucommodores.collegesports.co...060607aaa.html

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    This is a great overall class. A lot of depth at receiver, offensive tackle and linebacker - which will probably be considered needs next year. It's good for defensive line too, and I expect that we'll add some more youth (like another young DT) to the mix early on and it'd be a great year for that.

Like you said, it sucks for safety - and unless Kenny Phillips comes out, there is no first-rounder in this class, and it'll be unlikely we could even sniff him if we have a good year.

Thanks for this!

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Rex
    started a topic Insider: Kiper's 2008 BIG BOARD

Insider: Kiper's 2008 BIG BOARD

An early look at next years draft...I think our biggest need will be safety and then linebacker....So after looking at this the first thing that i noticed is there is not one Safety in the top 25....not good for us

1. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville (6-3, 223)
    Polished pure passer in the Jim Kelly mold.

2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan (6-6, 320)
    Top drawer left or right tackle prospect.

3. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU (6-2, 292)
    Disruptive force along the interior.

4. Sam Baker, OT, USC (6-4½, 310)
    Exceptional pass blocker with superb technique.

5. Early Doucet, WR, LSU (5-11½, 205)
    Super talented, becomes LSU's go-to option in 2007.

6. Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky (6-5, 232)
    Big and mobile with a rocket arm.

7. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College (6-6½, 320)
    Should thrive with move from right to left tackle in 2007.

8. Frank Okam, DT, Texas (6-5, 318)
    Great physical ability and overall potential.

9. Keith Rivers, LB, USC (6-3, 233)
    Has the skill set to become a super blue chipper.

10. Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona (5-11, 183)
    Experienced cover man who thrives on a challenge.

11. Chad Henne, QB, Michigan (6-2, 222)
    Can make all the throws, but needs more consistency.

12. Dan Connor, LB, Penn St. (6-2½, 231)
    Big-play performer who finds the ball.

13. Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC (6-1, 297)
    Tampa Bay Bucs style DT with superior quickness and non-stop motor.

14. Limas Sweed, WR, Texas (6-4, 217)
    TD-maker who plays fast with pads on.

15. Terrell Thomas, CB, USC (6-0, 200)
    Proven cover corner who is both steady and reliable.

16. DJ Hall, WR, Alabama (6-2½,, 189)
    Big-play wideout who has shown improvement every year with the Crimson Tide.

17. Bruce Davis, LB, UCLA (6-3, 241)
    Combo DE/OLB, ideal as a pass rusher off the edge in a 3-4 scheme.

18. Chris Long, DE, Virgina (6-4, 282)
    3-4 DE with great bloodlines who understands leverage and uses his hands as well as any D-lineman in the country.

19. Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii (6-2, 198)
    Thrives in QB friendly system with his quick release and above-average arm.

20. Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC (6-4, 268)
    Pass rusher who needs to build on strong second half from last season.

21. Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose St. (5-11½, 193)
    Ball-hawk with great anticipation and awareness.

22. Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville (5-10½, 175)
    Underrated, bringing speed, toughness and great hands to the WR spot.

23. Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson (6-6, 335)
    This should be the year the talented bookend maximizes his potential.

24. Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky (6-1½, 195)
    Athletic, versatile and tough with a high concentration level.

25. Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton, (6-5½, 290)
    Intriguing Division I-AA prospect due to his size, athleticism and natural pass-rush ability.
Working...
X