X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    Outside Dorsey, a lot of the guys are 6'3 to 6'5 and 300+ and have the ability to control two gaps.
    kennedy warren.. and countless others have proved they cannot do it.

Leave a comment:

• D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy
    Heres a couple of names to drop for NT type DT for next year.

DeMario Pressley, DT, N.C. State

Red Bryant, NT, Texas A&M

B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

these guys maybe available in the 2,3 rouns right now

I like Pressley - he can do the splits all the way down.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Heres a couple of names to drop for NT type DT for next year.

DeMario Pressley, DT, N.C. State

Red Bryant, NT, Texas A&M

B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

these guys maybe available in the 2,3 rouns right now
    Last edited by Broncosinindy; 06-24-2007, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
    Broncosinindy is right to an extent. Take Sedrick Ellis for example; he is not one of those guys (6-1 / 285 lbs, #3 on Kiper's top senior DTs). He is a pass-rushing, gap-shooting tackle, not a clogger. Okam is the best NT prospect as of now, whether it be in a 4-3 or a 3-4. He can get lazy though - so it's possible he I can pull an Alan Branch and fall considerably from his lofty projection.

One prospect who intrigues me is USC junior DT Fili Moala, who is big at 6-4, 300 lbs and will get even bigger. He is a cousin of Haloti Ngata so it figures.

But I'm hoping we have a shot at Keith Rivers. He is the prototypical Bronco's LB w/ his speed and range and could play SAM effectively (although probably he is more of a WILL).
    if we hadnt selected jay cutler Ngata would have been my next pick. he would have fit this system to a T..ill definetly have to keep a eye on moala

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    I think Hefney, although small - would fit well in the Cover 2 role he'd play on this defense. He's a lot like Bob Sanders, he plays bigger than he is - but he if plays that hard consistently, injury troubles could happen. . .

Hefney could carry a first-round grade due to versatility.

The only problem is when you play bigger than you are at a physical position like safety, it just so happens to turn out when you throw your entire body at a 230 pound back, reality hits you and it turns out you really aren't as big as you thought you were. Sanders isn't known for staying healthy...

Leave a comment:

• D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    replied
    Outside Dorsey, a lot of the guys are 6'3 to 6'5 and 300+ and have the ability to control two gaps.

Broncosinindy is right to an extent. Take Sedrick Ellis for example; he is not one of those guys (6-1 / 285 lbs, #3 on Kiper's top senior DTs). He is a pass-rushing, gap-shooting tackle, not a clogger. Okam is the best NT prospect as of now, whether it be in a 4-3 or a 3-4. He can get lazy though - so it's possible he I can pull an Alan Branch and fall considerably from his lofty projection.

One prospect who intrigues me is USC junior DT Fili Moala, who is big at 6-4, 300 lbs and will get even bigger. He is a cousin of Haloti Ngata so it figures.

But I'm hoping we have a shot at Keith Rivers. He is the prototypical Bronco's LB w/ his speed and range and could play SAM effectively (although probably he is more of a WILL).
    Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 06-24-2007, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    From Everything i read the Top DT's are all three technique. pentrators. except for Okam.

I would like to see

LB
    WR (depending on the play we get from them this year. could go up or down)
    OT (depending on the play we get from them this year. could go up or down)
    DT
    S ( with next years crop i wouldnt mind us inviting in a free agent. besides TP from pittsburg is there gonna be any other decent safties out next year(FA Wise)?

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by stb9951
    The 2008 draft class is ful of great RB's if something were to happen to henry we could easily get a high quality RB in the draft.

Great Running backs like Ray Rice (Rutgers), Darren McFadden (Arkansas), and Steve Slaton (WVU) will all be available in next years draft class.

Rice and Slaton are too small for Denver, imo. And Run DMc is way out of the reach of the Denver Broncos. (Knock on wood)

Leave a comment:

• stb9951
    replied
    If Henry gets injured (knock on wood)

The 2008 draft class is ful of great RB's if something were to happen to henry we could easily get a high quality RB in the draft.

Great Running backs like Ray Rice (Rutgers), Darren McFadden (Arkansas), and Steve Slaton will all be available in next years draft class.

Leave a comment:

• D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    replied
    Draft Breakdown

LBs - I like Xavier Adibi, Keith Rivers, Phillip Wheeler, and Shawn Crable. Adibi would be a good fit for SAM with his size and coverage ability.

S - Kenny Phillips, Michael Hamlin, Jamar Adams, Josh Pinkard, Jonathan Hefney. Hefney and Pinkard are swift guys who project to either corner or free safety because they are smaller but faster than the others. Phillips is a great prospectwho could play any secondary position but best projects to SS. Adams and Hamlin are most likely SS at the pro level as well

OL - Long and Baker are the best two OTs in the country. Barry Richardson, Gosder Cherilus, Ryan Clady, are all just a rung below. Gaither is having academic problems and is rumored to considering the supplemental draft.

WR - It's gonna be a great WR class: Limas Sweed, Early Doucet, Andre Caldwell, and Adarious Bowman. Notable juniors include Patrick Turner, Mario Urritia, and Greg Carr.

DT - Glenn Dorsey will be the top DT taken in the '08 draft. Great 3-technique tackle who reminds people of Warren Sapp. Frank Okam, Demario Pressley, Andre Fluellen, and Sedrick Ellis are the other top DTs.

DE - Lawrence Jackson is probably the best senior DE. There are some very intriguing juniors w/ Tyson Jackson, Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, and Vernon Gholston.

CB - Antoine Cason is the consensus top overall CB projected right now (especially now that Oliver's gone) and a likely top 10 pick.

QB - Brian Brohm will be the first QB taken in '08 and could go #1 overall depending on which team is picking #1 overall.

RB - Darren McFadden and then everybody else. Top seniors include Mike Hart, Tashard Choice, Charlie Jones, and Allen Patrick. Top juniors are Brandon Ore, Jonathan Stewart, Ray Rice, Felix Jones, and Antone Smith

FB - Peyton Hills, Jacob Hester, Joe Surratt are but a few decent FB prospects
    Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 06-13-2007, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    I'm wishing that we could get Okam or Jake Long. Two of the top prospects at their postions. Hopefully one of them has an semi-off year or bad combine and drops next year so we could nab one of them.

Leave a comment:

• lex
    replied
    It wouldnt be a bad idea to start looking at LBs along with OL and safeties.

Leave a comment:

• D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed
    I like Phillips. Just not over a need of greater premium, like a DE.

The Redskins took Landry, who I did like, over a greater need at DE. We'll see how that works out for them.

If Jamal Anderson turns into a stud DE and Landry turns into a stud S on a team with little or no pass rush, was that a good pick for them?

I know Anderson's stock was dropping a bit and that Landy is hands down the best safety in the draft, but we are playing "If's" here.

Btw, I just want to reiterate my original point that if the Broncos didn't conclusively fix their pass rush, then they could use a DE like Campbell ....

In the end, Campbell is probably a top 10/top 5 pick and would be out of reach. He is being compared to Julius Peppers already. It would be smarter to go after someone like a Lawrence Jackson or a Derrick Harvey, both of whom would be more realistic to get. That is, if they feel like they need more young developmental DEs.

Leave a comment:

• D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    replied
    I think Hefney, although small - would fit well in the Cover 2 role he'd play on this defense. He's a lot like Bob Sanders, he plays bigger than he is - but he if plays that hard consistently, injury troubles could happen. . .

Hefney could carry a first-round grade due to versatility.

I like the Bob Sanders comparison. I also think he compares favorably to Brandon Meriweather in that they are both corner/safety "tweeners" and they both run in the 4.4 range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X