Culpepper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culpepper?

I know i will get ripped for this but....

I think saying as how the Fins are gonna release him anytime now we should sign him to a not very big deal and haved him back up JAY.

Ramsey SUCKS

who would you rather have in the game if Jay were to go down a multi time pro bowler or a complete bust like Ramsey plus i think he could mentor Jay along the way

i think this would be a great move just as long as we dont trade for him

SHANNY SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER IT
    sigpic

Why would he come here when he could start for a team that actually needs him?

Comment

I don't exactly think Donte is the nentoring type, but sure not a bad idea.

Comment

Wouldn't be a bad idea if Culpepper felt that he couldn't start somewhere. I don't think he sees things that way. He could very well go somewhere like Oakland and start (getting Russell ready and possibly giving the Raiders some time to build up that O-Line). Good idea if he could be relegated to mentor and backup, I just don't see it happening.
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I think at this point, he needs to just get healthy and go to a team in 2008.

I doubt he will actually play for a team this year.

Aside from that, he also will not want to be a back up, and is poor fit for the Bronco's offensive scheme.

So, assuming that their was mutual interest, and the money was right, I would still say no for the reason above.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            I think at this point, he needs to just get healthy and go to a team in 2008.

I doubt he will actually play for a team this year.

Aside from that, he also will not want to be a back up, and is poor fit for the Bronco's offensive scheme.

So, assuming that their was mutual interest, and the money was right, I would still say no for the reason above.
            he may not have to play a down for us this year but im just saying i am more comfortable w/ him in a situation that Cutler goes down than Ramsey
            sigpic

Comment

Why would we want to pay 50 mil to a backup?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                Why would we want to pay 50 mil to a backup?
                we sign him when he is released not trade for him
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27
                  You're right.

Why in the world would we do this.

Comment

he may not have to play a down for us this year but im just saying i am more comfortable w/ him in a situation that Cutler goes down than Ramsey

Why we shouldn't sign Culpepper:

1)he needs 7 step dropbacks everytime he throws the ball....

2)Denver doesn't have the olinemen, or the scheme, to take 7 step dropbacks every pass they throw. Culpepper couldn't hit a short pass when he was putting up career numbers in Minnesota...

3)Throwing interceptions, and moreso fumbling, he's averaged 1.4 TO's a game in his career. Exactly NOT what you need in a backup QB.

4)you want to sign that to a "big" contract? How "big" are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                      Why we shouldn't sign Culpepper:

1)he needs 7 step dropbacks everytime he throws the ball....

2)Denver doesn't have the olinemen, or the scheme, to take 7 step dropbacks every pass they throw. Culpepper couldn't hit a short pass when he was putting up career numbers in Minnesota...

3)Throwing interceptions, and moreso fumbling, he's averaged 1.4 TO's a game in his career. Exactly NOT what you need in a backup QB.

4)you want to sign that to a "big" contract? How "big" are you talking about?

no i said not to be a very big contract

and he is WAY BETTER THAN RAMSEY NO MATTER HOW MANY TURNOVERS HE HS HAD
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree with the majority when I say that I think he will be way too expensive for us. I really doubt he would want to come to Denver when we have Jay Cutler. Daunte wants to be a starter in this league. Culpepper can't even wanna wait until old Trent Green retires. Why would he stick around waiting for Jay to do so?

Overall, I think that we need to save the money to use elsewhere and focus on other areas of our team.

That said, if he is released, I will pick him up in Madden for sure
                        I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Comment

[/SIZE]

no i said not to be a very big contract

and he is WAY BETTER THAN RAMSEY NO MATTER HOW MANY TURNOVERS HE HS HAD
                          And what, you have not seen Ramsey in our system. There is a reason why he is a back up but I think he should be fine in that role. What just cause he is not rated high in Madden or something? Culpepper still has questions about his health, knee. He wants to play so he will try and go to a team were he will have a chance. Zero chance for him in Denver with the franchise QB in his frist year at the helm.
                          Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                          GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                          #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                          #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                          #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                          #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                          Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

He has said that he is willing to take a lot less money. That being said he wouldn't want to come here anyway. He will most likely go somewhere like the Rams or the Ravens. He could start in those places in the next few years. Bulger's contract is up at the end of this coming year and Mcnair could break at any time.

Comment

I think saying as how the Fins are gonna release him anytime now we should sign him to a not very big deal and haved him back up JAY.

Ramsey SUCKS

who would you rather have in the game if Jay were to go down a multi time pro bowler or a complete bust like Ramsey plus i think he could mentor Jay along the way

i think this would be a great move just as long as we dont trade for him

SHANNY SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER IT
                              This idea is horrible. It's just terrible. It's ludicrous. It's senseless. It's ridiculous. What an absolutely putrid idea this is. Wow! It's bad.

Why would Shanahan undermine the franchise QB's confidence by bringing in a QB that is going to demand an opportunity to compete for the starting job? Not only that, Culpepper would demand a huge contract that would all but guarantee that he would be the starter. It's doubtful that the Broncos have the space to sign Culpepper anyway. :brick:

You said you knew you would get ripped. Well, I just thought I would get it out of the way.
                              Last edited by broncolee; 06-11-2007, 06:56 PM.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X