Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should anyone take Mel Kiper seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Like all the other draft guru's I listen to what they have to say but I don't always agree. Kiper isn't worse than anyone else in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    He smells bad too.....

Really, I have no opinion of him. You only see him on tv for maybe 2 months a year.

Leave a comment:

• CHARLIEADAMSFAN
    replied
    i hate him

he contradicts himself too much

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    What is it with all the "Old news" threads popping up today?

Did he kick your dog or something man?

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    If Mel Kiper's accuracy was, let's say 75%, he wouldn't waste his time being an NFL analyst when there is more money to be made. There are plenty of gamblers who would pay top dollar for his knowledge, and he could set up shop and take the highest bidder on who is hit and miss. He is fine, but his hair sucks.

Leave a comment:

• lex
    replied
    Kiper gives so much analysis on so many players its too easy to pick and choose instances where he was wrong and say he doesnt know what he's talking about. But honestly, Im not asking Mel to make a prediction as much as I want to know if a draft pick makes sense at the time. Also, its pretty cool that he has been able to carve out a niche doing this.

Leave a comment:

• Prodigal19
    replied
    Here is a pretty good evaluation of Mel Kiper from football outsiders.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...fl-draft/5104/

You wont find a draft evaluator in the world that will get a large majority of his predictions right, but Mel is actually quite good compared to everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    kiper is fine, he is good.

but i will tell you who is one craxy guy is john clayton. that dude is so funny lookin.
    he looks like the principal on south park. (who is actually modeld after mr. haas, the science teacher at heritage) but still, he looks funny, not quite hainus sp? like al davis. just wierd with his tiny little funny head and his face and well you get the point.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has been as accurate as Mel Kiper.
    'nuff said. For as many "misses" as he's had, nobody has more "hits" than Kiper when it comes to the draft.

Leave a comment:

• GoBroncos84
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    When it comes to defining team needs, placing players to teams, and just being knowledgeable about the draft, and for all he's done to get it on the map - that's why he's respected. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has been as accurate as Mel Kiper. For the misses he has, he gets a lot of hits. The draft is no exact science, but I respect Mel for all he does and one thing I know, he's a better talent evaluator than me and probably everyone on this board.

Mad respect for Mel.
    Agreed. I do not always share his opinions on guys or certain picks, but I always read his articles and always watch when he is on ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• columbiaskinny
    replied
    He probably has a film projector on the ceiling above his bed. One in front of the toilet and one the dash of his car. I don't see how he does it. As many guys as he evaluates and the film he looks at, i'd be sick to my stomach.

When he's on t.v., doing his thing, i just sit back and enjoy his enthusiasm and passion for the game. I admire him for that and it gets me pumped up.

Like a ref at a ball game, he calls it like he sees it.

I can respect that.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAV06
    replied
    I agree with Dream. Did you all of the sudden wake up this morning and decide to post about Mel, um a month after the draft? Did he steal your newspaper or something?

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    When it comes to defining team needs, placing players to teams, and just being knowledgeable about the draft, and for all he's done to get it on the map - that's why he's respected. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has been as accurate as Mel Kiper. For the misses he has, he gets a lot of hits. The draft is no exact science, but I respect Mel for all he does and one thing I know, he's a better talent evaluator than me and probably everyone on this board.

Mad respect for Mel.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Newsflash:

No one DOES take Kiper seriously.

So, I don't understand your question.

Leave a comment:

• Orange&BlueHeat
    replied
    Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
    He really emphasizes and sings the praises of potential franchise QBs, generally speaking.
    I know, and that's all well and good. But the thing is, there are plenty of franchise QBs taken in the later rounds, just as plenty of ist round QBs become busts. It's a very inexact science. There are good reasons Quinn dropped as far as he did. A lot of people are not that high on him, and I agree. I don't expect him to do much of anything in the NFL. My complaint isn't that he really likes Brady Quinn, it's that he bashed teams who don't. Seeing as how Kiper has an abysmal track record of predicting the future successes of QBs, he shouldn't get so high and mighty when teams disagree with him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X