Main Concern For the 2007 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Concern For the 2007 Season

I am totally excited about the new year and great moves in the offseason, but what if Travis Henry goes down for a long time....

Our season is over, no way Mike Bell or the kid from Texas can carry us thru the season let alone the playoffs...

Your thoughts

You must not read the boards much. Travis Henry is invincible.

Actually, if need be, I think Mike Bell or Selvin Young could carry the load.

If you haven't already learned, it doesn't take a great RB to do great in our system.

Don't fret little buddy. Everything will be a-o-k.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

1st - Henry is not invinvible, he is getting a lot of miles on him.

2nd - They backups are nothing special and even in our system still will not be able to do much..

Comment

Originally posted by PAJODOA

**specialblend knocks on wood**

Comment

2nd - They backups are nothing special and even in our system still will not be able to do much..
          1st - apparently you're not too quick on the humor up-take.

2nd - look what running backs like Olandis Gary and Ruben Droughns did here and then what they did elsewhere, then come talk to me.

Glad to see you're oblivious. Have a good day.
          Originally posted by Soldier96B
          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

A lot of miles on him thats why he has shared a backfield huh??

In his career he has only carried the ball more than 300 times twice and only came close to the 300 carry mark last season when he had 270, which brings his total carry marker to 1321 in 6 seasons. A normal RB like LT (2050 carries in his 6 seasons), LJ (892 carries in 4 seasons), McGahee (868 carries in 3 seasons), Rudi Johnson (1271 in five seasons and in one season he only had 17 carries), I could go on but its more of the same song second verse type thing.

And as far as the second comment since when have we needed anything more than an average RB to gain more than a 1000 yds??? Plus, have we forgot about a guy named Cecil Sapp who is held in high regard with the coaching staff.

Comment

I think we wil still be fine. Mike Bell was the better back last year. And a year under his belt will only help. Plus we have the versitle Sapp who can take over in short yardage or goal line situations.
              sigpic

Comment

he is getting a lot of miles on him.
                ok well your actually wrong lol sorry he is actually quite fresh for a 28 year old RB. I would say on average a normal season for a starting RB would mean he should see around 280-330 carries. (unless your name is Larry Johnson who will get the ball prolly around 420 times!) Well over the past 3 seasons Henry has only carried the ball 452 times. and only 1312 times in his whole six year career. Which averages out to only about 213 per season.

Shaun Alexander, first 6 years 1717 carries
                Edgerrin James, first 6 years 1828 carries
                Clinton Portis, first 5 years 1385
                Fred Taylor, first 6 years 1377
                LaDainian Tomlinson, first 6 years 2050 carries
                Jamal Lewis, first 6 years 1822
                sigpic

Comment

Travis Henry goes down and we are done? huh?

Henry will be straight first off....and i think Mike Bell can definetly carry the load for us we turn average backs into super stars and plus Henry is pretty durable, stop jinxin and just get ready for the ride babe!

Comment

i would like to take this opportunity to ditto all above posts not created by PAJODOA.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Thanks for sharing the love...

just dropping my opinion on the upcoming season, if I am wrong, then please share with me the main concern for this season?

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                        1st - apparently you're not too quick on the humor up-take.

2nd - look what running backs like Olandis Gary and Ruben Droughns did here and then what they did elsewhere, then come talk to me.

Glad to see you're oblivious. Have a good day.

ruben droughns since he left denver and went to the browns had a 1000+ yard season every year he was there except for maybe last season. hes not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684
                          ruben droughns since he left denver and went to the browns had a 1000+ yard season every year he was there except for maybe last season. hes not bad.
                          He was only in Cleveland for 2 years.
                          sigpic

Comment

3rd - What ahppened when TD got hurt, and Mike ANderson took over.

Or Olandis Gary.

Or Rueben Droughns?

You, and nobody else on these boards, even knows if Henry will even work out in our system.

Comment

just dropping my opinion on the upcoming season, if I am wrong, then please share with me the main concern for this season?

If the oline will even come together, and open holes for Henry or any other RB, and protect Cutler, something they did not do last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X