• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topscribe
    replied
    Well . . .

Originally posted by PAJODOA
    Thanks for sharing the love...

just dropping my opinion on the upcoming season, if I am wrong, then please share with me the main concern for this season?
    It would help if you would not become offended when someone disagrees with you.

It would also help if you would provide some document for your arguments, or just let it go.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Doggcow
    replied
    I'm also afraid we might not win the superbowl (I KNOW THERES A SLIGHT CHANCE WE DON'T WIN IT BUT IT SCARES ME NONE THE LESS)

Leave a comment:

• TheFuture6
    replied
    If Henry goes down, I'm putting my money on Cecil Sapp stepping up the way Mike Anderson and Rueben Droughns did (both also former fullbacks). He can be a beast behind our line.

Leave a comment:

• trevorlovesthed
    replied
    Before this i would worry.......

Before i would be more worried about our linebackers and their run support and if DJ can even play middle linebacker. And why think about if Henry goes down we'll be just fine well......at least i think anyways, but i think we should be more concerned with our linebackers more than the runningbacks. Because they are going to need more support in my mind with new, but old outside linebackers starting and supporting the run defense, but hey this is just what i think. what do you guys think about this? why worry about something that hasn't even happened, it kinda seems like were saying henry is going to be injured no matter what.well let me know what you think.
    trevor kraemer

Leave a comment:

• TR3Y
    replied
    Mike Bell is an adequate backup and I am confident that if Travis goes down *TR3Y crosses fingers* that the guys waiting in the wings will step up and keep the Broncos offense rolling right along

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Ben Hamilton, consistently grades out as a top offensive lineman - and over the past several years, has been considered a Pro-Bowl snub from the AFC rosters. He's not going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by gobroncsnv
    Oline is exactly where I think we have the most gellin' to do... I do think that they can, with Lepsis coming back (he will), and no more Foster child. No more Carlisle playing matador, and hopfully, Hamilton will look around and see some quality competition and step up or step aside. I wouldn't have wanted to put Cutler through any more games than he went through last season just because of them. Vis a Vis JUST IN SACK totals, Plummer really helped out the oline's stats because of his elusiveness. Cutler would do well to get him some. If the line can slow the game down for Jay, he'll be all that much better all that much sooner.

GBN, I don't think Hamilton's is in jeopardy of losing his job, at least I haven't read anything to indicate that. We talking about guy who is actually a center and weighs just about as much as Nalen. Also Nalen on several occasion last season got overpowered by nose tackles.

Leave a comment:

• gobroncsnv
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
    If the oline will even come together, and open holes for Henry or any other RB, and protect Cutler, something they did not do last year.
    Oline is exactly where I think we have the most gellin' to do... I do think that they can, with Lepsis coming back (he will), and no more Foster child. No more Carlisle playing matador, and hopfully, Hamilton will look around and see some quality competition and step up or step aside. I wouldn't have wanted to put Cutler through any more games than he went through last season just because of them. Vis a Vis JUST IN SACK totals, Plummer really helped out the oline's stats because of his elusiveness. Cutler would do well to get him some. If the line can slow the game down for Jay, he'll be all that much better all that much sooner.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoMan04
    replied
    I agree with most of you. If Henry goes down we will be a RBBC and one of the three back-ups will step up and take most of the load while the others spell him. I am way more concerned about the o-line and how they get together as a unit without Carlise and possibly Lepsis...And after that I have to say my concern has to go to the linebackers. D.J. is a great athlete but can he make the adjustment to MLB. then whos going to play the strong side.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by PAJODOA
    Thanks for sharing the love...

just dropping my opinion on the upcoming season, if I am wrong, then please share with me the main concern for this season?
    OL, Safety, WR.... in that order.

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    If this is your main concren we don't have much to worry about.

I feel Jay taking the next step as a pro as a much more important concern .

Leave a comment:

• Fan in exile
    replied
    Don't get me wrong, I think we would suffer if Henry went down, but we could survive. In my opinion the problems with Mike Bell weren't his running it's the other things we ask our RB to do. He couldn't pass protect to save Cutler's life, and he isn't a receiving threat out of the backfield.

I think having a healthy O-line, and Graham would make up for the pass protection. I also think having Cutler on the same page as Walker, Smith, Marshall, Stokley, Graham, and Scheffler can make up for the lack of receiving threat.

Then too keep in mind that Bell was a rookie last year another year in the system working with coaches, watching tape that's all going to help.

I wouldn't want to see Travis Henry go down, but I am more concerned about our front seven on defense than our running game.

Leave a comment:

• Tackle Me Elmo
    replied
    another thing to remember is that this is the first year in a while that our passing attack is a legitimate threat.

if Cutler holds his own in the pocket, I don't think the drop off to Mike "I'm the only" Bell, Cecil "take a chance on me" Sapp, or Selvin "nobody knows what I can do" Young will be so consequential. moreover, if lepsis and co. stay healthy and gel as a unit, the only ceiling to Travis Henry is 2011 yards.

Leave a comment:

• TU_HurricaneDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee
    If Henry gets hurt and is out for an extended period of time, the running game will suffer. Last year we had a 1,000 yard rusher but the running game wasn't as dominant as we needed it to be.

There is no reason to believe that Mike Bell or Cecil Sapp will be the workhorse RB that Shanahan wants. We will be back to RBBC, which really isn't effective unless you have two workhorse RBs like Chicago had with Jones and Benson. Neither Bell nor Sapp is a workhorse so it just won't be very effective having those two share the load.

It's nice that we can produce 1,000 yard rushers year after year, but how many Super Bowls has that gotten us since Terrell Davis left? TD was a dominant back that was getting 1,500+ yards before he got hurt.

Gary, Droughns, Anderson, and T. Bell were not dominant backs. The running game was strong, but the RBs themselves weren't anything special. I think Droughns had 1,200 yards, but the others didn't get much more than 1,000 yards.

Henry could very well get us back into the 1,500 yard range and be the dominant back we've been missing since Portis was traded.

Henry has a legitimate chance to be the RB that defenses fear.

When they see Jay go back to hand the ball off to Henry, we need that to freeze the LBs and any DB looking into the backfield so that when Jay keeps the ball he will have a wide open receiver to throw the ball to.

We want defenses to be afraid of the RB, not just concerned about whether or not it's running play. We want defenses to say, "OMG, Travis Henry has the ball and we need to stop him before he rips off 20 yards". Neither Bell nor Sapp will inspire that kind of fear, but Henry might, if he lives up to his potential in our system. Henry gained over 1,200 yards for the Titans, he definitely has the potential to gain 1,500 yards in our system.

I know a lot of people have faith in Mike Bell, but that faith is unfounded. He had a decent year but not a great year. There's no reason to believe he's going to be able to carry the load if Henry goes down. He went undrafted for a reason. He might surprise everyone and prove to be an excellent RB, but there's no reason to expect that he will be anything more than a back up. And teams that are forced to rely on their back up to carry the load, are usually in a bad situation. Unless that back up is a first or second round pick that is capable of living up to his potential.

So we can brag about our team producing 1,000 yard RBs like rabbits, but that doesn't mean much when the running game isn't dominant. If we lose Henry, we lose the potential to be dominant in the running game.

Our running game suffered so much because teams knew all we could do was run due to a inaccurate QB, than our starting RB was more of a bunter then race around using speed than a powerful home run hitter (bad analogy I know).

T. Bell couldn't run hard if he got hit in the butt with a rock.

our running game suffered but was still productive... not as productive as we are used to but it worked non the less and with a hard running RB, and talented backups I confident we will be fine this year especially with a QB who has potential to make teams pay if they stack the box.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by ballen
    If Henry goes down CECIL SAPP will be the next Bronco back to come out of nowhere. I think we would be just fine. He actually fits the system better than Mike Bell. If you think back Mike Anderson played his rookie year and then went to fullback because he has a fullback body and mind set. He then went back to Tailback when we needed him to. Reuben Droughns was also a fullback before we needed him to play tailback. Cecil Sapp would be no different. He posseses the same skills and mentality. By the way all of these guys played Tailback in college.
    He went to fullback because he was asked too and that was after about his third season in the League. He moved back to tailback not because we needed him too because he didn't want to be fullback anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X