Dolphins cut Wilkinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins cut Wilkinson

"DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins terminated the contract of defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson on Monday, after trying unsuccessfully to trade the 14-year veteran.

Dan Wilkinson

Wilkinson

The Dolphins agreed to ship Wilkinson to Denver on March 2 for a sixth-round draft pick, but he failed to report to the Broncos for a physical and the deal was voided. He was not with the Dolphins for their offseason workouts, either.

Wilkinson was selected by Cincinnati with the first overall selection in the 1994 draft out of Ohio State. He has played for the Bengals (1994-97), Washington (1998-2002) and Detroit (2003-05). He appeared in 10 games as a backup last season.

Wilkinson, who has 54½ career sacks, was owed $4.5 million over the final two years of his deal with Miami."

I dont think we really need him anymore but now he can be had for free
    sigpic

OMG SHANNY Sign Him!!!1!

Comment

I don't think he really wants to play football anymore, might as well leave him alone.

Comment

I knew it, I saw the thread title, and I said to myself "This post will end with OMG we should totally sign him(or words to that effect)".

President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
          I knew it, I saw the thread title, and I said to myself "This post will end with OMG we should totally sign him(or words to that effect)".
          See post 2

Comment

can you believe that wilkinson held the same value as kennedy?! sweet deal

EDIT: actually, we got kennedy cheaper, cause it's next years 6th... i'll take it!
            Last edited by Shawshank24; 06-18-2007, 04:15 PM.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Well, it was quite possible that the Rams were going to cut Kennedy as well, since they're moving Carriker inside at tackle, and have some other youngsters like Claude Wroten in the mix as well. However, like I said - Wilkinson was a guy who probably didn't want to play football. He has nothing left to prove. I wouldn't doubt that the Broncos would send out a feeler again, but my guess is that he's done playing. Lucky for us, Sam Adams wanted to play again, which was nice.

Comment

As you said Lex we already set at defensive tackle. We wont be keeping anymore than five in my opinion. Warren, Adams, Thomas, McKinley, and Kennedy are going to make the team.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Even if Denver wanted to sign him, why would he sign with the Broncos if he wouldn't report to them after the trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                    Well, it was quite possible that the Rams were going to cut Kennedy as well, since they're moving Carriker inside at tackle, and have some other youngsters like Claude Wroten in the mix as well. However, like I said - Wilkinson was a guy who probably didn't want to play football. He has nothing left to prove. I wouldn't doubt that the Broncos would send out a feeler again, but my guess is that he's done playing. Lucky for us, Sam Adams wanted to play again, which was nice.

Maybe they would send out feelers but I doubt it. They traded for the guy and tried contact him several times but not even once did Wilkinson return their calls. Why try again when he snubbed him the first time.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I'm happy with Sam Adams as our old man on the Line

Comment

I'd rather sign a 400 lb sack of potatoes to a contract than Wilkinson.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                          I'd rather sign a 400 lb sack of potatoes to a contract than Wilkinson.
                          Walter Thomas?
                          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
                            "DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins terminated the contract of defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson on Monday, after trying unsuccessfully to trade the 14-year veteran.

Dan Wilkinson

Wilkinson

The Dolphins agreed to ship Wilkinson to Denver on March 2 for a sixth-round draft pick, but he failed to report to the Broncos for a physical and the deal was voided. He was not with the Dolphins for their offseason workouts, either.

Wilkinson was selected by Cincinnati with the first overall selection in the 1994 draft out of Ohio State. He has played for the Bengals (1994-97), Washington (1998-2002) and Detroit (2003-05). He appeared in 10 games as a backup last season.

Wilkinson, who has 54½ career sacks, was owed $4.5 million over the final two years of his deal with Miami."

Funny how that six round pick to get and old lazy Wilkinson ended up getting use Jimmy Kennedy who is younger and has more potential.

Edit: and no I don't think we should sign wilkinson. If he didn't show up when we traded for him what makes certain people think he will show up if we try to sign him.
                            President Cool

Comment

If he wasn't willing to show up when traded, why would he show up now?

I wasn't in favor of getting him in the first place.

We have Adams now. We don't need someone who doesn't even want to play.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X