Dolphins cut Wilkinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    If he wasn't willing to show up when traded, why would he show up now?

I wasn't in favor of getting him in the first place.

We have Adams now. We don't need someone who doesn't even want to play.

Some team will end up getting him. A big DT is a huge comodity in the NFL. He just does not want to do any off season work. Which a lot of Vets do not want to deal with off-season work... ask the raider players

Their vets complained and got last week cancelled.

You are right with Adams now and him not showing up... for him to be oin our team is slim to none. Example is big with Broncos and that would not be setting a good example to all the DL that we aquired in the off-season.

I know he wants to play... just does not want to deal with the things before you play.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
      "DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins terminated the contract of defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson on Monday, after trying unsuccessfully to trade the 14-year veteran.

Dan Wilkinson

Wilkinson

The Dolphins agreed to ship Wilkinson to Denver on March 2 for a sixth-round draft pick, but he failed to report to the Broncos for a physical and the deal was voided. He was not with the Dolphins for their offseason workouts, either.

Wilkinson was selected by Cincinnati with the first overall selection in the 1994 draft out of Ohio State. He has played for the Bengals (1994-97), Washington (1998-2002) and Detroit (2003-05). He appeared in 10 games as a backup last season.

Wilkinson, who has 54½ career sacks, was owed $4.5 million over the final two years of his deal with Miami."

I dont think we really need him anymore but now he can be had for free
      Well, they filled the 'Fat Guy in the Middle' roll with Sam Adams , and since Adams is a much better player then Big Daddy and Adams actually wants to be a Bronco and Play football this year, i dont see Denver even trying to talk to Fat Daddy Wilkinson.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Budris
        Some team will end up getting him. A big DT is a huge comodity in the NFL. He just does not want to do any off season work. Which a lot of Vets do not want to deal with off-season work... ask the raider players

Their vets complained and got last week cancelled.

You are right with Adams now and him not showing up... for him to be oin our team is slim to none. Example is big with Broncos and that would not be setting a good example to all the DL that we aquired in the off-season.

I know he wants to play... just does not want to deal with the things before you play.
        No he doesn't.

If he wanted to play he'd be here already. He's done. That's all. If you want to play in the NFL you have to attend training camp. That's the rule. He doesn't want to get in football shape and put himself through all that just to hang on for one more year, and who can blame him? If the lure of a potential SB ring isn't enough to bring him to the Broncos he's not going anywhere!

I'd be amazed if he played in the NFL this year. Let the big lug enjoy his donuts in peace!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
          No he doesn't.

If he wanted to play he'd be here already. He's done. That's all. If you want to play in the NFL you have to attend training camp. That's the rule. He doesn't want to get in football shape and put himself through all that just to hang on for one more year, and who can blame him? If the lure of a potential SB ring isn't enough to bring him to the Broncos he's not going anywhere!

I'd be amazed if he played in the NFL this year. Let the big lug enjoy his donuts in peace!
          Are they Krispy Creams?
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
          X