Elam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elam?

How much longer does Elam have in him? He is getting up there in age and should that be a concern for the upcoming season?

He still has time unless he keeps trying to make his career as a running back... That "trick play" had to be the dumbest move I have ever seen.

Comment

Elam is fine. His accuracy especially from long range has dropped off though, but he still has a couple of years in him at least. Plus, Brandon Pace (rookie FA out of Va. Tech) could show potential. Special teams in general looks promising with Elam on FGs, Sauerbrun on punts and kickoffs, Morgan as KR, and hopefully Hixon as PR.

Comment

I don't think there's too much concern with Elam, he might not be able to nail it from 63 yards again, but his 93.1% conversion rate last year was the best of his career........................

Other than possibly Vinateri, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have lining up with the game on the line................
        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

2-3 years. But he doesn't have the distance that he once had.
          sigpic

Comment

Range has diminished, but as long as we're note playing Herm Edwards ball, he can be effective for 4-5 more years.

Comment

Morten Andersen is like 50 and he is still playing.

Comment

You beat me to it hartly....plus gary anderson didnt retire till he was 40 maybe 41....Elam has some time.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

if he has another season like last year i would have t say 4-5 years

Comment

A couple more years, I hope. His range has diminished, but his accuracy the past few seasons has been the best of his career.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                      A couple more years, I hope. His range has diminished, but his accuracy the past few seasons has been the best of his career.
                      Personally, I think the job's his as long as he accurately kick out toaround 40-45 yards.
                      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Elam actually had his best year FG% wise (If I remember correctly).

I don't think he's lost much. Maybe a little power, but he can sure kick them.

I still trust the guy during a tie game to kick the winning FG.

Kickers usually can play really long. It wouldn't suprise me if we saw him here 5+ years.

Comment

I don't know Shanahan personally or anything, but I am sure that he prefers having the older Elam that hits everything from within 45, but probably will never hit a 55, rather than the guy who hit 85% from within 45 but hit a 63 yarder.

Elam should have 4 good ones in him at least, his range is still competitive and his accuracy is amazing. As long as we can have others handle kickoff duties, he will be a real asset to the team. As seen in recent super bowls, having a kicker with experience can be monumental, and Elam does have bling.

Comment

If forced i wouldn't be suprised to see Jason still knock them through at 55, but no longer 60+. If Anderson can collect social security and an nfl paycheck Elam still has a few years left in that old leg of his.
                            2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

Elam posted carrer highs in FG%, because he can't kick the long ball anymore. He only attemped 9 kicks of 40+ yards last year, a career low.

He'll be fine as long as we are inside the 25 yard line.

Lets hope we have that killer running game this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X