No announcement yet.

Elam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as he's the best kicker on our team he will be the guy. If that guy out of Virginia Tech proves to be better, you bet he'll be the starter. Shanahan doesn't play favorites or start the vets just because they're vets. He starts the best.

Comment

I heard David Beackham will be replacing him soon.

Nah, on the real Jason has lost a lilttle bit but I think he has a few good years left but David Beackham would be a great place kicker in the NFL. That guy is the best in the World at free kicks for all you guys who know the beautiful game of Soccer.
      sigpic
      In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by PAJODOA
        How much longer does Elam have in him? He is getting up there in age and should that be a concern for the upcoming season?
        It is no secret Jason's time is dwindling.

Why is this in draft or trade forum?

There is no way in HELL, this team would "trade" him at this point. He is a Bronco, always will be remembered as a Bronco, and I would love to see him as a kicker coach for the Broncos.

We all have noticed the decline that comes with age but he is still getting the job done.

This coming season if I wanted anybody in tie situation on the opponents 40 yard line, it would be Jason.

We obviously have to look ahead but for now, Elam is our man.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
          As long as he's the best kicker on our team he will be the guy. If that guy out of Virginia Tech proves to be better, you bet he'll be the starter. Shanahan doesn't play favorites or start the vets just because they're vets. He starts the best.
          I'm not neccesarily sure that's true in this case. So much of the kicking game is played in the head, that just beating Elam out in TC may not be enough, you can never recreate the big game experience.

To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised to see us carry 3 kickers this year (maybe we can cut a TE )................Elam for the majority of FGs, Sauerbrun on punt duty and Ernster or pace for KOs & long FGs. (unless Sauerbrun shows an ability for FGs, I'm sure that will be explored as well)

Bottom line, as long as Elam maintains his accuracy from 40-45 yards, Shanny will find a way to keep him, his head and coolness under pressure are irreplacable.
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

End is Near

It could be close to the end for Elam because they just acquired the Virginia Tech Kicker.I am a fan of Virginia Tech and i have watched him and he is good so whenever elam does call it quits it will still be ok

Comment

Elam will be on the Broncos for 3-5 more years, in my estimation. He's a great guy to have around, has accuracy, is a clutch kicker, and has the drive to want to make the hall of fame someday (don't laugh!)

I think he has his eyes set on the career scoring mark. And I bet he plays until he gets it.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                They're bringing in Brandon Pace from VT! He'll be good compitition for J. Elam. Brandon Pace was a semi-finalist for the Lou Groza Award. (nation's top kicker award). It's on the Broncos web site.
                Romans 10:9
                John 3:16

Comment

I'm not sure he can still boot records (though I'm not sure he can't), and I've never been really impressed with his accuracy (he's OK, but not Anderse/on-like). Kickers play for a LONG time though; that's why Blanda has the record with 26 seasons, because while he made his name as a QB (among other things) he ended his career as a kicker. Kickers come in for a few plays per game, and on one of them the other team CAN'T charge him, so unless you're STs are really horrible they don't get hit much and play for a long time. No reason to think Elams career will be any shorter than anyone elses.

And just for the record, I really can't see us carrying three kickers. We only carry two QBs on the active roster.
                  SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                    I heard David Beackham will be replacing him soon.

Nah, on the real Jason has lost a lilttle bit but I think he has a few good years left but David Beackham would be a great place kicker in the NFL. That guy is the best in the World at free kicks for all you guys who know the beautiful game of Soccer.

1) his name is Beckham (only one a)

2) Soccer isn´t a beautiful game

3) he is supposed to swap positions with Reggie Bush, not Jason Elam

Comment

Working...
                    X