Greg Wesley trade?(merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topscribe
    That's been my impression, as I have posted elsewhere.

Posters here keep bashing Lynch, and he keeps going to the Pro Bowl.

It's just . . .

-----
    Yeah because atheletes never get voted to the pro bowl because of their name.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
      Exactly if they need to free up money and Denver is thinking they might like to sign him just waite a little bit they'll more than likely release him.
      Problem is then we would have to compete with other teams to sign for him, and we may not win.

IMO this is a clear signal that either Ferguson and Brandon aren't recovering like they like, or they don't fit in Bates scheme.
      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
        While I respect his opinion, seeing is believing, and I haven't seen as much out of Hamza Abdullah as I need to consider him a future star.

He sees him at practice more, but then agian, there is practice and then there is games, and I'm just calling it how I see it.

I just remember something Cugel said.

We have all these guys we hype up overseverely repeatedly and then when they end up doing nothing and getting cut, we forget all about them.

Wesley Duke anyone?
        Wesley Duke, Brandon Browner, a bunch of WRs who were FA walk-ons whose names escape me now, but who were the subject of endless discussions about their "potential". Kircus is the latest "project" to receive all the raves.

It seems to be the fact that a player went undrafted that excites people. I'm surprised nobody has latched onto the WR Marquay McDaniel bandwagon! After all he's an undrafted FA which must mean he has "great potential."

They start imagining that the SCRUB is the next Curt Warner, who will just walk on the field out of NFL Europe and be a star or something.

Then when anybody questions the absurdity, they get hit with references to Antonio Gates or Rod Smith! As if the average scrub had any chance of winding up like Antonio Gates or Rod Smith!

You could wait for 20 years and not see that happen again!

I guess it's harmless, but it is annoying. I normally don't like to listen to people fantasize about what they intend to do with their lottery jackpot either.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
          Wesley Duke, Brandon Browner, a bunch of WRs who were FA walk-ons whose names escape me now, but who were the subject of endless discussions about their "potential". Kircus is the latest "project" to receive all the raves.

It seems to be the fact that a player went undrafted that excites people. I'm surprised nobody has latched onto the WR Marquay McDaniel bandwagon! After all he's an undrafted FA which must mean he has "great potential."

They start imagining that the SCRUB is the next Curt Warner, who will just walk on the field out of NFL Europe and be a star or something.

Then when anybody questions the absurdity, they get hit with references to Antonio Gates or Rod Smith! As if the average scrub had any chance of winding up like Antonio Gates or Rod Smith!

You could wait for 20 years and not see that happen again!

I guess it's harmless, but it is annoying. I normally don't like to listen to people fantasize about what they intend to do with their lottery jackpot either.

I'll say this in defense of Abdullah; towards the end of last season, he seemed to be contributing a great deal on special teams. This doesn't mean he'll be a Pro Bowl safety...but at least he has something more tangible than training camp hype. He's shown the willingness to put his body on the line on coverage teams...I'd like to see what else he can do.
          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Broncos and Chiefs Trade???

Rumor has it that the Broncos and Chiefs have agreed in principle on a trade that will send S Greg Wesley to the Broncos. Rumor is that the trade is pending until contract details are worked out. Can anyone confim this? Is he worth anything?

Comment

The word form the KC Star was that the parameters had been agreed to but the Chiefs were a bit hesitant to send him to a divisional rival....

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/.../22/223040/876

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

yeah that article came out last week, Friday i believe. we have no new news yet?

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=95977
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

This is the 3rd thread on this topic, its starting to annoy me a little.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

I have been reading all the posts on this guy, until I read the article above I thought it was just to add depth at safety, not necesarily a starter at safety, but he has 29 ints in 7 years as a safety according to the table in the article I read. 29!!!!!

Look at
                      this
                      He has 3 more ints than Lynch does in his 15 years of playing.

Im pretty sure that wesley ran a sub 4.5 40.
                      "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X