Paul Oliver-supplimental draft workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Oliver-supplimental draft workout

Oliver put in a weak workout leading up to the supplimental draft.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2910918

I'd still use a second-day selection on him, perhaps even one of our fourths.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      I'd still use a second-day selection on him, perhaps even one of our fourths.

As would I, and then I would convert him into a safety. Just like the Falcons are doing with Jimmy Williams.

Comment

At 5'11" and 195 pounds he is a little smaller than what I would want for a safety, but his coverage skills would be a big plus.

Comment

Don't get him, he's not worth anything. The guy had like one good game his entire college career, and I have concerns about someone who doesn't have the capabilities to maintain academic eligibility.

Comment

It sounds like you believe that all the football players that receive a degree actually earned that degree. IMO that is a little naive. Many papers are written by other people and they are often furnished with all the past test that that instructor has ever given. Secondly, the majority leave before ever receiving a degree.

This is a sad commentary on our college system but I hear it over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
              At 5'11" and 195 pounds he is a little smaller than what I would want for a safety, but his coverage skills would be a big plus.
              if he plays anything like bob sanders does count me in
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                It sounds like you believe that all the football players that receive a degree actually earned that degree. IMO that is a little naive. Many papers are written by other people and they are often furnished with all the past test that that instructor has ever given. Secondly, the majority leave before ever receiving a degree.

This is a sad commentary on our college system but I hear it over and over.
                I actually talked about that in my post before deleting it because I didn't want to accuse my beloved UGA of those transgressions. You're right though, which is why it's even more shocking that players can't stay eligible, especially when everything is made almost ridiculously easy for them to do so.

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                Trust me, he plays nothing like Bob Sanders, not even in the same ballpark.

Comment

There was a long thread a couple weeks ago on chiefscoalition.com where probably 2/3 of the posters wanted the Chiefs to spend a 1st or 2nd on him. Let them take him. Maybe he'll be Dexter McCleon v.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy

If get gets injured as much as bob sanders count me out.

Comment

Working...
                    X