senior prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• senior prospects

some of these players might not be first round draft picks but they will be solid late round picks.

*note this only defense

SEC:

Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee 5'9 185
    Hefney was a all-conference pick last seaon. he also can play corner. is the leading returner in tackles. recorded 66 solo tackles and 96 total tackles.

Jasper Brinkley LB South Carolina 6'2 262
    Brinkley is the SEC's best LB.this kid can bring it. he has so little help on the unit, it's easy to miss what he does. he moves easliy laterally and pursues the ball. recorded 85 solo tackles and 107 total tackles.

Glenn Dorsey DT LSU 6'2 299
    Dorsey is rated the number 1 DT in the country. Dosrey changes teams and game plans and games. rated as a preseason first team all-american. recorded 64 total tackles last year.

Quentin Groves DE Auburn 6'4 254
    Groves is a All-American candidate. Groves has a lightning-quick move to the quarterback and excels in big-game atmospheres. on pass rushing situations he cant be blocked with out help. recorded 11 sacks last year for the Tigers.

Simeon Castille CB Alabama 6'1 189
    Castille is big and aggressive and he intimidates receivers. Has developed into a shutdown corner for Alabama. posted 77 total tackles, 44 which were solo and posted 6 ints. is a All-American candidate.

Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbilt 6'4 235
    Goff is the second best best if not the best LB in the SEC. Goff plays with a mean streak. has lead the Commodores in tackles the past 2 years.

Titus Brown DE Mississippi State 6'3 250
    a very talented player. Brown is right there with Derek Harvey of Florida as the most complete end in th SEC. Preseason All-Conference candidate.

Big Ten:

Jamar Adams S Michigan 6'2 212
    Adams is a big hitter with instincts and speed. is the lone returning starter in the secondary also the returning leader in tackles with 47 total tackles.

Dan Connor LB Penn State 6'3 233
    Conner is All-American candidate and All-Conference candidate who moves inside to Paul Posluszny's old spot. is also the teams leading returner in tackles 113 total tackles. 70 which were solo.

Mike Klinkenborg LB Iowa 6'2 240
    Klinkenborg is a classic brawler who overdoses on effort. is always around the ball. lead the team in tackles lastseason with 129.

J Leman LB Illinois 6'2 240
    Lemon is the best LB that you have never heard of. is on the second team All-Conference team.

Big 12:

Bo Ruud LB Nebraska 6'3 235
    Ruud is fast and experienced. Ruud is moving from weak side to strong side. recorded 65 total tackles and is the teams leading returner in interceptions with 2.

Darnell Terrell CB Missouri 6'3 205
    Terrell is labed as the team's "stopper". regsistered 58 tackles last seson.

James McClinton DT Kansas 6'1 285
    McClinton anchors the line for the Jayhawks.

Alvin "Ace" Bowen LB Iowa State 6'2 216
    Lead the nation in tackles. Undersized but is speedy. Is a preseson All-Conference pick

Frank Okam DT Texas 6'5 320
    Okam is a run stuffer and a big one at that. Rated as the 4 best DT in the nation. is on the the second team preseason All-American list.

Joe Gracia S Texas Tech 6'2 215
    Is one of the leagues most phyiscal and punishing tackler at the safety spot. Gracia crowds the line which is why he recorded 87 tackles.

ACC:

Andre Fluellen DT Florida State 6'4 284
    Fluellen is the best player up front for the Noles and has All-ACC potential.

B.J. Raji DT Boston College 6'1 337
    Raji is run-clogging tackle. at 337 do i need to say more? on the All-ACC watch list.

Vince Hall LB Virginia Tech 6'0 240
    Has been the ACC's best LB for the past 3 years. Hall is a vicious tackler. is a All-American candidate. lead the team with 128 tackles last season.

Xavier Adibi LB Virginia Tech 6'2 226
    Adibi and Hall form one of the best duos in the country. Adibi is fast enough to run with receivers. was second on the team with 82 tackles last year. is also a All-American candidate.

Pac 10:

Lawrence Jackson DE USC 6'5 265
    Jackson is one of the best pass rushers in the country. rated as the 4th best DE in the country. is also a All-american candidate.

Keith Rivers LB USC 6'3 230
    Rivers is rated as the best outside LB in the country. is the teams leading returner in tackles with 85. Rivers was a blue chip coming out of high school. and looks to be the leader of the number 1 rated USC Trojans.

Chris Horton S UCLA 6'1 210
    Horton is the leader of the secondary for the Bruins and is a hard hitter. recored 95 tackles, 64 of which were solo.

Bruce Davis DE UCLA 6'3 237
    Rated as the number 1 DE in the country. the pass rushing ability of DE Davis is unmatched by many. is a playmaker. recorded 12.5 sacks last season and this this a number that could be reached again this season.

Antoine Cason CB Arizona 6'1 182
    would have been a top corner in last years draft had he delcared. Cason is a talented cover corner. often is matched up with the oppents best WR.

Big East:

Malik Jackson LB Louisville 6'2 231
    returning leader in tackles with 57. also recorded 9 sacks.is a good athlete with good speed to defend the edges.

Trae Williams CB South Florida 5'10 185
    Williams is a outstanding cover corner. is physical in run support and is a ball hawk who made 7 picks last season. also recorded 49 tackles.

Mike Jenkins CB South Florida 6'0 200
    Jenkins is bigger and faster than Williams. also is capable of playing safety. Both Williams and Jenkins are are being billed as All-american candidates.

WAC:

Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State 6'1 185
    Grabbed 9 interceptions last season even though teams avoided him late in the season. he's a big play waiting to happen.

Sun Belt:

Damon Nickson S/KR Middle Tennessee 6'0 177
    Was all-conference defensive back and kick returner. Nickson is instinctive and athletic. a game-breaker at both positions.

Tyrell Johnson S Arkansas State 6'1 197
    is a hard-hitting tackling machine and is a prime candidate for defensive player on the year honors. Johnson is a bllhawk who has added muscle to a nice frame. lead the team in tackles and was all-conference pick last year.

Idependents:

Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame 6'0 210
    a big time hitting safety. plays like a mini LB. recorded 79 tackles and is the 2nd best rated strong safety in the country.

these players are all senior and will be in the 2008 draft. will be doing offense later in the upcoming week.
    Last edited by D.J.55; 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM.

This may be biased but we need Zbikowski.

Comment

I think Tom might be a guy the Broncos really consider because of the special teams impact he can have. Some may have not noticed, but Thomas and Moss are exceptional special teams guys, when it comes to blocking kicks. Furthermore reinforces Goodman's belief that the ability to contribute on S/T has an impact on considering even our most early of choices, and choices overall.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
        How the hell do you pronounce that.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow
          How the hell do you pronounce that.
          Zib E cowski

Comment

Zib E cowski
            Mmmmmmmmmm

Cow

Comment

agreed hed be like another Lynch kinda id really really like to have him

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN
                agreed hed be like another Lynch kinda id really really like to have him
                The Broncos NEED to trade up for Jake Long. Period.
                Then in the 2nd round get Zbikowski. I think hes overrated but he will prove alot this coming season and be a 2nd round pick. This does not solve the FS problem that the Broncos have ignored recently.
                To get Long, the Broncos will have to give up some serious picks (again) so i hope they hold onto the 2nd rounder or make a move with the deadskins again to somehow move up. I am not worried though, they usually are able to pull off these moves.

Comment

the senior safety class is weak but there are solid late round picks that could make an impact. Chris Horton from UCLA could turn into a impact player at the next level. Tony Joinor a Sr. from Florida is the only other starter returning on deffense besides Derek Harvey. Joinor was overshadowed by the likes of Reggie Nelson and Ryan Smith.

Tyrell Johnson from Arkansas State is someone i'll be watching for. Blessed with size and speed, he changes offenive game plans.

if Kenny Phillips a Jr. at Miami "The U" has a All-American season look for him to declare early. would easliy be the number 1 safety on ever teams draft borad.

other names to pay close attention to:

Jamal Lewis Georgia Tech Sr.
                  Dominique Barber Minnesota Sr.
                  Brandon Sumrall Southern Miss Sr.
                  Quintin Demps UTEP Sr.
                  Marty Tadman Boise State Sr.
                  Marcus Watts Kansas State Sr.
                  Josh Berrett Arizona State Sr.
                  Courtney Greene Rutgers Jr.
                  Last edited by D.J.55; 06-29-2007, 10:40 AM.

Comment

this guy Vince HAll... can he play SLB??

Comment

Originally posted by bjoli198
                      this guy Vince HAll... can he play SLB??
                      Vince Hall has maned the MLB spot for the past 3 years. but he could possible move outside. has the speed and range to play outside. is a big hitter. very productive. has the size to play SAM. he is by far the best LB in the ACC. is rated as the best MLB in the country

Comment

I want either Joe Garcia or Tom Zibikowski and Alvin Bowen.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Next year should be a strong class, especially for LBs. Keith Rivers is my favorite, both in terms of talent and need. He's the starter at "WILL" at USC and I think he would push Ian Gold out of a job very quickly if Denver were to draft him. I think he could be good at SAM too. He's a physical specimen. Unfortunately though, he's likely a top 15 pick. Xavier Adibi is another guy I'm high on for his speed and cover skills, and he is more likely to fall to where Denver will be picking - mid to high 20s.
                          Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 06-29-2007, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Someone mention Demps and I think he'll grade out in the third to fourth rounds when it's all said and done, and I think he'd be a solid addition to the squad.

Comment

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State consensus all-Big 12 linebacker Alvin “Ace” Bowen, who led the nation in tackles last season, has been named to the national watch lists of the Bronco Nagurski Award and the Chuck Bednarik Award. Both awards are given annually to the nation’s top defensive player.

Bowen finished the 2006 season with 155 tackles in 12 games, an average of 12.91 tackles per contest. The native of East Orange, N.J. had a career high of 20 stops against Toledo last season
                              I'm telling you we've got to get him.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                              RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                              Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                              -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Working...
                              X