LaVar Arrington Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mb3playa
    my dad has season tickets to the redskins games so i go to every home game (they are my second team to the broncos). lavar is a great player and even when he wasnt getting much playing time he was still making plays. he was benched because of a contract dispute, NOT because of his "free lancing" or inability to play. im not sure where hed fit with the broncos unless DJ moves to MLB, but i think that hed be a good addition if the price was right.
    It was reported that part of the problem was that "free lanced." There is no unless D.J. moves to middle linebacker that's an already done deal. I doubt he would want to play the Sam linebacker position, because I can assure you Gold wont be moved and I also the price would be right.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
      This is completely incorrect. The Washington defense was MUCH better when he was in the lineup, especially when he was creating the turnovers.

The reason he was benched, and eventually released was because of the lawsuit he filed against the Redskins concerning his contract.

I'm not saying he's a good fit here, but lets not make outlandishly wrong statements about a players abilities. Arrington didn't get along with management in Washington. But he made both the Redskins and the Giants better when in the lineup.

Sorry man, the stats don't back it up. Even FO did a study on this. Arrington did give them more big plays but the D also gave up more big plays. I'll admit that he has the ability to be one of the top two or three LB's in the game, but if he can't be coached, he's worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by jdhdiggs
        Sorry man, the stats don't back it up. Even FO did a study on this. Arrington did give them more big plays but the D also gave up more big plays. I'll admit that he has the ability to be one of the top two or three LB's in the game, but if he can't be coached, he's worthless.
        Arrington is very talented but if he's uncoachable and wont take care his responsiblities in the defensive scheme he's not going to play, which true in many if not most instances. Your best players don't sit on the bench over money issues, its usually because of poor performance or off the field issues that cause player to be benched.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by miracles77
          The only person who has ever made him play was Joe Pa!I have watched him alot.I thought when he hit the N.F.L.,he was gonna be Great,brother-in-law redskin fan.The more praise he got on T.V.the more of a glory highlight guy.I dont see him playing team D unless Joe Paterno is linebacker coach!then you add hits,dl time..NOT A BRONCO His days of playing our # I think.Just a thought!.
          "R.I.P English"

Just messin with ya

But no, unless we can sew his mouth shut, and sign him for veteran minimum, I wouldn't want him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
            "R.I.P English"

Just messin with ya

But no, unless we can sew his mouth shut, and sign him for veteran minimum, I wouldn't want him.
            I don't think Shanahan would even consider bringing him right now even at vet minimum because he would dead weight on the roster.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk
              arrington's like a kid with ADD. like we need to get him one of thsoe child leash things to keep him in position.

we couldn't even get him to sign a contract, he'd just overpursue and sign the desk or something. we'd be there all night.
              Nice

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I don't think Shanahan would even consider bringing him right now even at vet minimum because he would dead weight on the roster.
                I think he would sign him in hopes of a miracle season. I mean, he signed Walker to a nice contract after tearing up his ACL and not knowing what was gonna happen. I know LaVar has also been a bit of a whiner, and been known to free lance, but don't linebackers in bates scheme generally just 'free lance' and not have very rigid assignments?

I dunno, i'd take him for vet minimum.

Comment

Just what I want, another bum outta PSU that can't play or stay healthy

Comment

Originally posted by jdhdiggs
                    Just keep in mind that the first year that Arrington is off the team, Greg Williams's respected defensive unit went to total ****.
                    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                      I think he would sign him in hopes of a miracle season. I mean, he signed Walker to a nice contract after tearing up his ACL and not knowing what was gonna happen. I know LaVar has also been a bit of a whiner, and been known to free lance, but don't linebackers in bates scheme generally just 'free lance' and not have very rigid assignments?

I dunno, i'd take him for vet minimum.

Walker had his knee checked out before he was signed by us and at that point barring any unforeseeable set backs Javon was going to ready by the start of the season. I doubt Arrington will be ready by the start of the season. So they would be paying him to contribute nothing.

Like everyone else I'm still learning what Bates' system is all about, however what I've heard is it isn't overly complex but that certainly doesn't mean players don't have assignments.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                        Just keep in mind that the first year that Arrington is off the team, Greg Williams's respected defensive unit went to total ****.
                        For the vast majority of the '05 season Arrington was sitting on the bench so I'm not so sure that's the reason their defense fell apart this past season.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          For the vast majority of the '05 season Arrington was sitting on the bench so I'm not so sure that's the reason their defense fell apart this past season.
                          There are plenty of reasons the defense fell apart, Arrington's departure being one of the minor ones.
                          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
                          X