Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullcollapse
    Quick Question:

If the compensatory picks are going to be based on this year's free agency period, that makes us an absolute lock to come up empty handed right?
    Yeah, there's no way we're getting anything. At least in my opinion. With the money factored into our signings, and what kind of contribution we can expect, versus those who left us (without being traded our cut) - I think the balance is way more on our end. I don't think we'll be getting any compensation for a while, since we always seem to sign better players than who leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream

I think Zbikowski right now is a borderline first-round talent. If he can duplicate the season he had two years ago, I think he gets into round one. He's a superb special teams player and a solid safety prospect. This next year's class is lacking, and more teams are putting a premium at the position, it wouldn't surprise me if he cracked round one this coming April, but right now I don't think he's there.

I agree, but I hope not, because I want him in the second, and earl bennett in the first. If that happened, I would cry because I would be so happy. LOL

PS. friend request me on Myspace por favor.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado1
        Which is what we do here. If posters are just figuring this out, WOW just WOW.
        I think your estimate is a little off, but i appreciate your "estimates."
        To each his own. When I factor his grade in right now, it's because of the crap safety class this year, and the premium teams are placing on safeties these days. I think that his solid special teams play alone merits him first day consideration. I do disagree with your assessment that Wendling was the better player though. I'm not sure why Wendling slipped down into Day 2 (surprised me, believe me) but I don't think that's going to happen for TZ.

I'm not a Fighting Irish fan at all, in fact - they're probably one of my least favorite teams. However, to me - I think TZ could reach that late-first round if he has a good senior campaign and works out well. If he doesn't, he's a pick somewhere on Day One. I know that's an ambiguous statement, but I do not feel he'll drop to Day 2. Players like him get drafted on Day 1 just because they're excellent special teamers, and believe me - that's something the Broncos love when selecting players - guys who can come in and have an impact there.

Comment

Man the thought of draftin Earl makes me excited... I doubt he is around at 32 though....

I'd rather win a superbowl though
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
            Man the thought of draftin Earl makes me excited... I doubt he is around at 32 though....

I'd rather win a superbowl though

I would too. but maybe, just maybe, he drops during the offseason workouts on purpose, due to jay cutler telling him too so he could be drafted by us at 32

edit: he will be a junior this year. He may not come out
            sigpic

Comment

To each his own. When I factor his grade in right now, it's because of the crap safety class this year, and the premium teams are placing on safeties these days. I think that his solid special teams play alone merits him first day consideration. I do disagree with your assessment that Wendling was the better player though. I'm not sure why Wendling slipped down into Day 2 (surprised me, believe me) but I don't think that's going to happen for TZ.

I'm not a Fighting Irish fan at all, in fact - they're probably one of my least favorite teams. However, to me - I think TZ could reach that late-first round if he has a good senior campaign and works out well. If he doesn't, he's a pick somewhere on Day One. I know that's an ambiguous statement, but I do not feel he'll drop to Day 2. Players like him get drafted on Day 1 just because they're excellent special teamers, and believe me - that's something the Broncos love when selecting players - guys who can come in and have an impact there.
              Sorry, usually dont post on weekends. Only when i am at work. Anyways, Yeah he does have good special teams ability, so i could see him being considered because of that. I think ND is overrated as a entire team IMHO.
              Wendling fell due in part because alot of teams that needed a safety got one early on! There just wasnt a need for a in the box big hitter until the 6th i guess.
              I wish we could have drafted him based on the AFCWEST RBs. Just brutal! That why i said that i would not mind having Zibikowski. Let him learn to stop the run from Lynch and draft/free agency a true FS somewhere else!
              In our division its an absolute must to have guys that can game plan for LT or LJ.

Comment

At this point, I think safety is our biggest concern heading into the next offseason unless a star emerges this year, then it will be O-Line, then maybe linebacker DEPENDING on how it holds up this year. Eesh, if we can get all that patched up we are gonna have an amazing team as long as the positions we have covered this year stay covered.

Comment

I think Safety if there is decent value could be picked.... I can't think of much else that could be a dire need that would be a first round typa pick by us next season.... WR maybe? If we suddenly wanna decide to have a Colts typa three wideout set and want three... or if our current fighters for number 2 fall off (Marsh, Rod and Stokely)
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I don't think it's a fact, it's just my estimate. I'm giving my personal opinion, which is not fact.
                    Again I wasn't directing my post at you, like I stated it is directed at people telling others they are wrong and sounding like they are stating facts. If you want I will go quote the posts and you can see where this happens. There is a huge difference between stateing something as fact and opinion. Of course everything is opinion but people are wording it so that it seems like it is fact and the person they are responding to knows nothing. If you would like me to quote you some of these posts in this thread I would be more than happy to.

Comment

Working...
                    X