Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oliver to the Packers, Gaither to Baltimore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oliver to the Packers, Gaither to Baltimore.

Definitely looks like Baltimore with the addition of Grubbs and Gaither want to have their line set up for a while.

San Diego took Oliver in the fourth round. Great selection for them.

Two Taken In Draft

Oops, sorry guys. I messed up the title. Chargers = Oliver.
    Last edited by Dream; 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM.

I am glad Denver didn't participate.

Comment

6'9 325

holy shista

steve mcnair needs ot worry about his head knocking down balls, and not the defenders hands
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

oliver = 4th cb this season, 3rd next season when florence walks to free agency

with the pick of cromartie in the first round in 06 and the huge extension to jammer, the writing was on the wall for florence...the soon to be FA.

hopefully someone pays well for turner and florence in 08's FA, i'd love to get some good compensatory picks for those guys.
        sigpic

Comment

Oliver sucks, take it from someone who watched every college game of his.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
            Could you elaborate? I don't know much about him. It sounds like most dawg fans would not agree with you, but it's nice to hear from the other side.

Comment

Oliver held Calvin Johnson to just 2 receptions for 19 yards last season I believe, so to say he sucks might be a little overkill.

Comment

So much time spent wondering where these two stiffs would go, whether the Broncos would spend a pick on them, etc, etc, etc

The fact remains, most supplemental draft picks become after-thoughts in a very short period of time after they are drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
                  Oliver held Calvin Johnson to just 2 receptions for 19 yards last season I believe, so to say he sucks might be a little overkill.
                  I thought that was one of the safeties taken in the draft?

I may be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by GoTomlinson
                    Could you elaborate? I don't know much about him. It sounds like most dawg fans would not agree with you, but it's nice to hear from the other side.
                    The guy had one good game the whole time he was there. He was never a starter until this last year. Doesn't do anything exceptionally well, isn't fast, and doesn't tackle well. Also, something's gotta be wrong with the guy to flunk out of school when he had probably every perk you could think of being given to a student athlete.

I think most Dawg fans would probably agree with me and I don't think we're worried about replacing him at all. He was probably no better than UGA's 3rd or 4th best corner last year and only started because of the others' inexperience.

It's hard for me to even call him overrated, because I don't think he was really ever rated highly to begin with.

Comment

Well, since we are talking about Comp. picks, who are some notable players that were comp. picks? Have there been any?

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                        weird, the other georgia fans who stopped by the chargers message board spoke highly of him...looks like you're just a bitter bronco homer
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                          So much time spent wondering where these two stiffs would go, whether the Broncos would spend a pick on them, etc, etc, etc

The fact remains, most supplemental draft picks become after-thoughts in a very short period of time after they are drafted.
                          most do yes, but then there's the jamal williams of the world
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo
                            Well, since we are talking about Comp. picks, who are some notable players that were comp. picks? Have there been any?

Cris Carter, Brian Bosworth, Bernie Kosar, Jamal Williams are the few that come to mind. Bosworth of course is considered a bust now, although he was really, really good in college at Oklahoma (Two-time Butkus award winner)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                              I thought that was one of the safeties taken in the draft?

I may be wrong...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n17003858

How'd Paul Oliver feel after intercepting a pass to seal the finest game of his collegiate career? "My foot was cramping," Georgia's junior cornerback said. "I couldn't feel too much else." It sunk in moments later, though. Oliver held Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson, an All-American considered by most the best receiver in the nation, to two catches for 13 yards in a 15-12 Bulldog victory.

Comment

Working...
                              X