Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Free-Agency - Boss Bailey --- reunite him with his brother!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 Free-Agency - Boss Bailey --- reunite him with his brother!



    My brother is a huge huge fan of Detroit so I follow the lions from time to time, and I think Boss Bailey is one of the fastest LBs I have ever seen play, he can hit too, hes been shuffled around in Detroit and hes been plagued by injuries but maybe he needs a fresh start? He was a 5 star LB coming out of college and hes brothers with Champ that has to stand for something in terms of talent.

    What do you think of the idea of bringing him back.


    according to this he is currently listed as the starting strong side backer but will share time with Alex Lewis, if hes not the clear cut starter chances are he won't be re-signed, so what do you think about re-uniting champ with his bro and maybe solve our SSLB problem? He said he models his game after derrick brooks

    http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=1884

    hes an incredible athlete just like his brother, I believe he would be a good safety too if he wanted to.

    48-inch -- vertical jump
    4.35 -- 40-yard dash

    Boss and Champ

  • #2
    boss is ok but he isnt champ good.


    it looks like champ got most of the talent in the family

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post


      My brother is a huge huge fan of Detroit so I follow the lions from time to time, and I think Boss Bailey is one of the fastest LBs I have ever seen play, he can hit too, hes been shuffled around in Detroit and hes been plagued by injuries but maybe he needs a fresh start? He was a 5 star LB coming out of college and hes brothers with Champ that has to stand for something in terms of talent.

      What do you think of the idea of bringing him back.


      according to this he is currently listed as the starting strong side backer but will share time with Alex Lewis, if hes not the clear cut starter chances are he won't be re-signed, so what do you think about re-uniting champ with his bro and maybe solve our SSLB problem? He said he models his game after derrick brooks

      http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=1884

      hes an incredible athlete just like his brother, I believe he would be a good safety too if he wanted to.

      48-inch -- vertical jump
      4.35 -- 40-yard dash

      Boss and Champ
      That would be nice to see both Bailey brothers on the same team,I wish we could trade for him now

      Comment


      • #4
        I've always liked Boss, but he is not on the same level as Champ. If he is available next offseason I wouldn't mind us giving him a look. He just has to stay healthy for a whole season to show what he can do in this league

        Comment


        • #5
          48 inch vertical jump?! That's insane! Are you sure that's correct?

          I think I read somewhere that he had a 40 inch vertical jump, which was actually 2 inches higher that what Champ did at the combine.

          I think he could be worth a look, especially if the coaches feel he can play SAM backer, where we need the most help.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Lions fans don't like him too much because of his inability to stay healthy, and because he allegedly is "afraid" to tackle after his injury(s).

            Dream might have a good knowledge of Bailey's skills, seeing as he gets NFC North coverage where he lives in Dakota, and isn't blinded by hate as a Lion fan.
            sigpic

            :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

            D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

            :logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

            Comment


            • #7
              While that is a good pick up i think i would rather have bryant johnson(sp) wide reciever Arizona
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bailey is mediocre. Karlos Dansby would be an ideal pick-up, but he'll get a great deal of money.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sounds like a legit reason.

                  I would however prefer to get Barrett Ruud from the Bucs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dansby will never see free agency, imo.

                    Originally posted by Dream View Post
                    Bailey is mediocre. Karlos Dansby would be an ideal pick-up, but he'll get a great deal of money.

                    Bailey is a lot more realistic than Dansby....And Bailey is better than....?....Who is the SLB for the Broncos?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well, he couldnt be any worse then the stiffs playing the Strongside right now, one thing Boss has is speed so i say why not?
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                        48 inch vertical jump?! That's insane! Are you sure that's correct?

                        I think I read somewhere that he had a 40 inch vertical jump, which was actually 2 inches higher that what Champ did at the combine.

                        I think he could be worth a look, especially if the coaches feel he can play SAM backer, where we need the most help.
                        Well if thats true aboiut them not liking him up there and we currently need a Sam LB, maybe the whole warren trade is going in that direction.

                        Also he is a very good friend of Dre Bly's so even if he didnt come here today Im sure he'd consider Denver over any other team first.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I live in Michigan and unfortunately I watch every Lions game (when the Broncos aren't on). Boss has an enormous amount of talent but has not been able to showcase it due to his injuries. I think he would be a good pickup at the right price. He is fast as can be and has a ton of skill. The Lions faithful have grown frustrated with him as he can't stay healthy for a whole season. If he doesn't show anything this year Millan and Marinelli will let him go. If we could get him for cheap I think it is well worth the risk.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scheffler88 View Post
                            I live in Michigan and unfortunately I watch every Lions game (when the Broncos aren't on). Boss has an enormous amount of talent but has not been able to showcase it due to his injuries. I think he would be a good pickup at the right price. He is fast as can be and has a ton of skill. The Lions faithful have grown frustrated with him as he can't stay healthy for a whole season. If he doesn't show anything this year Millan and Marinelli will let him go. If we could get him for cheap I think it is well worth the risk.
                            just picked him up in my madden 08 franchise . traded holdman and some draft picks
                            @MisterBerman

                            Go Broncos

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              me too except i got shaun rogers too!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X