Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall, Scheffler and Smith begin camp on PUP list

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marshall, Scheffler and Smith begin camp on PUP list

    12:39 P.M. MDT: Rod Smith, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler will begin training camp on the physically-unable to perform list and thus will not take part in practice Sunday. Each could be taken off of the PUP list during camp if they’re ready; for now, they will work exclusively with the strength-and-conditioning coaches.

    http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason
    Smith is no big surprise, but I was under the impression Scheffler and Marshall were gonna be ready to go full speed by the start of camp...

    Hopefully they can get some treatment and get out there, both of them are being penciled into #2 spots by us-- but that could all change if they continue to be fragile.


  • #2
    Jim Bates just said Eddie Moore will, too, and he might need to have his knee scoped. He said as many as five guys will battle for playing time at strongside 'backer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Andrew. Do you know how serious the injury is to Brandon Marshall? I know that Scheff had a bone broken in his foot, and he'll be ready soon, and we all figured Smith too. I thought that Brandon had just strained a hammy or something. Any idea on the timetable for his return?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AndrewMason View Post
        Jim Bates just said Eddie Moore will, too, and he might need to have his knee scoped. He said as many as five guys will battle for playing time at strongside 'backer.
        Wow, that's interesting, because he was taking reps with the 1st team wasn't he?

        So, who, among these guys (I had to go look because I could only name 1 or 2), do you see as the front runner sans Eddie Moore??


        59 Vaughn, Cameron LB
        58 Webster, Nate LB
        54 Lewis, D.D. LB
        56 Holdman, Warrick LB
        53 Green, Louis LB
        57 Hollowell, T.J. LB

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd give Warrick Holdman the pole position, since he platooned with Eddie Moore with the 1s at OTAs ... Nate Webster will also get a long look ... but from what Jim Bates said, he's going to give everyone a shot. It didn't sound too good on Moore ... and while he got from point A to point B pretty well at OTAs, there definitely was a hitch in his giddy-up. (I don't have the link on me right now, but one of the "Getting to Know ..." videos from June shows Moore moving, and you can see a holdup in his gait.)

          Comment


          • #6
            Ack! Good thing Shanny grabbed a bunch of skill players for offense. I'm hoping either Marshall or Stokely are healthy enough to be #2. If Schefler is still injured, at least we have Graham.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AndrewMason View Post
              I'd give Warrick Holdman the pole position, since he platooned with Eddie Moore with the 1s at OTAs ... Nate Webster will also get a long look ... but from what Jim Bates said, he's going to give everyone a shot. It didn't sound too good on Moore ... and while he got from point A to point B pretty well at OTAs, there definitely was a hitch in his giddy-up. (I don't have the link on me right now, but one of the "Getting to Know ..." videos from June shows Moore moving, and you can see a holdup in his gait.)
              According to Coach Scout, Webster is the fastest of the bunch (SAM). Is that
              what you have observed?

              -----

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AndrewMason View Post
                I'd give Warrick Holdman the pole position, since he platooned with Eddie Moore with the 1s at OTAs ... Nate Webster will also get a long look ... but from what Jim Bates said, he's going to give everyone a shot. It didn't sound too good on Moore ... and while he got from point A to point B pretty well at OTAs, there definitely was a hitch in his giddy-up. (I don't have the link on me right now, but one of the "Getting to Know ..." videos from June shows Moore moving, and you can see a holdup in his gait.)
                I'll be very interested to see how this shakes out. We've definitely got some guys with experience there, so I don't see it becoming a huge liability.

                Things don't sound promising on Moore-- especially this early in the year.

                Keep us posted on any rumblings...

                Comment


                • #9
                  I read that Scheffler was out of the cast, but that he needed to get back in shape.

                  Can't remember where I read that, but he doesn't surprise me so much.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

                  . . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ugh. I'm starting to lose a little faith in Marshall. I had some high hopes for the guy as long as he continued to develop, but he won't be developing anything if he can't stay healthy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                      Ugh. I'm starting to lose a little faith in Marshall. I had some high hopes for the guy as long as he continued to develop, but he won't be developing anything if he can't stay healthy.
                      Sounds a little like Tatum doesn't it? It really is disappointing. But it's only his 2nd year, and he could still be back pretty early, no need to give up on him.

                      But, man, this is definitely a suprise. Hopefully, if Rod doesn't return, Stokley can fill in that #2 spot. Although I'm hoping Kircus doesn't take up the slot again

                      This is what training camp is about though, every year something like this happens and we get through it
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                        According to Coach Scout, Webster is the fastest of the bunch (SAM). Is that
                        what you have observed?

                        -----

                        Webster isn't the fastest from my eyes, but he is the quickest, if that makes any sense. He also brings a certain infectious enthusiasm to the huddle ... the fastest as far as getting from point A to point B among the 'backers not named Gold or Williams might be Cameron Vaughn, who was on the practice squad last year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How long do players have to sit out when on the list? Up the the coaches or is it a set minimum time they must not play?

                          I would hate to see Sheff and Marsh held out of too many games, they are crucial pieces to the offense I feel.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NuggetFan View Post
                            How long do players have to sit out when on the list? Up the the coaches or is it a set minimum time they must not play?

                            I would hate to see Sheff and Marsh held out of too many games, they are crucial pieces to the offense I feel.
                            They can come off it at anytime, during preseason....

                            ...but I think once the season starts, they have to sit out the first 5-6 games...



                            ....I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

                            -- Samuel Adams

                            sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AndrewMason View Post
                              Webster isn't the fastest from my eyes, but he is the quickest, if that makes any sense. He also brings a certain infectious enthusiasm to the huddle ... the fastest as far as getting from point A to point B among the 'backers not named Gold or Williams might be Cameron Vaughn, who was on the practice squad last year.
                              I thougth that was a weakness of cameron vaughn coming out of college.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X