SoCalBronco and Kaylore (AM - 7/30) Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalBronco and Kaylore (AM - 7/30) Reports

As always, head over to Orange Mane to see these for yourself and feel free to become part of their community as well. I don't have the exact links, but they will be up on the homepage in a few moments.

I'm guessing these will be the links though!

http://www.orangemane.com/article_739.php - SoCalBronco's Report

http://www.orangemane.com/article_741.php - Kaylore's Report

Enjoy them, and let 'em know you appreciate it!
    Last edited by Dream; 07-30-2007, 01:18 PM.

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks, Dream.

I guess Kaylore's isn't up yet.

-----

Comment

I never activated my account. Now I can't post.

I also can't PM anyone over there to get my account activated..

Comment

Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
          I never activated my account. Now I can't post.

I also can't PM anyone over there to get my account activated..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=58841

Comment

Kaylore's will be coming up shortly, I think SoCal mentioned he paid a lot of attention to the line battles so we should see some great reporting from there. It'll be up soon.

Comment

fxblitz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can't post or create threads or anything!

Comment

Thanks for posting these!

Comment

http://www.orangemane.com/article_741.php
                  Here that should work.
                  KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Kaylore's - part 1

Kaylore's Camp Report AM 7/30/07
                    By Kaylore
                    Jul 30, 2007, 14:57

Email this article
                    Printer friendly page
                    The second day of training camp is under way and players are beginning to get more settled. The feel of pads, the running, the hitting – it’s starting to feel familiar again and this was reflected in the comfort level on the field today. The best part of the second day is the growth you start to see in players as they settle into their roles and begin to learn having now had a couple of film sessions and coaching work.

The camp went pretty much like yesterday except there was some variance this time around on the scrimmages and drills they worked on as entire units, and offense versus defense. Shanahan had everyone work some game situations.

The first was a move the ball drill where we needed to get into field goal range with a minute and a half on the clock and two timeouts. This involved the first team offense versus the first team defense. Cutler was particularly sharp during this, as was Travis Henry.

After that they did some special teams work with field goals. Shanahan wanted to see if the unit could set up and kick a field goal with twenty four seconds on the clock after the ball had been downed in play (so the clock’s moving). Elam was perfect on all his kicks and showcased his still impressive range when he booted a couple of balls into the sky crane that has the cameramen recording practice that day.

After that they ran some drills in the redzone. Travis Henry really did well here, but some of the defenders made some nice plays like Dre Bly and D.D. Lewis.

They ran seven on seven drills and then had the offensive line go against the defensive line again. I watched the lines and am excited to report on the progress on that end.

In fact let’s just get started. As usual I only post on the players that stood out to me so naturally my eyes were drawn toward the rookies, starters and other players of interest.

Defensive Line – I had a very close look at the D-line. The line showed some improvement generating a pass rush and you can see the coaching starting to manifest itself in a variety of ways. The new schemes for the front line are simplified, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t practiced to perfection. The stance, spacing, angles and hand placements are drilled over and over.

Jarvis Moss: Moss had an amazing practice. It was the first time I felt like he was really worth the first round grade. He is very good at using his hands. He slaps at the wrist and does a good a job of getting his shoulder around the offensive linemen. He’s developed some moves for different players and has good instincts depending on what he sees. During the drills against the offensive line he had a streak where he beat his guy four times before Meadows finally shut him down.

On one play during the scrimmage he went outside, but the tackle cheated out that way so he spun back to the inside and put his hand up in the passing lane. It wasn’t a sack, but showed an understanding of what needs to be done.

Moss’ conditioning is the only question. During practice he was sucking air and had his hands on his hips quite a bit. Despite this, he’s very competitive and drives very hard every snap he’s out there. I didn’t see him take any plays off even when exhausted. We even saw him wash down the line and tackle the running back so he’s trying to make plays both ways. During the line drills Bates was hugging and high-fiving him because of the success he was having. He’s getting work on the first team now.

Tim Crowder: Tim showed some improvement. He seems to be working on his first step. After struggling to get pressure during the drills, Johnson talked to him on the side and then in his next attempt he got by his man (Washburn) and drew praise from Bates on his leverage. He wasn’t bad but just wasn’t flashy. He still needs to work on his burst out of his stance.

Marcus Thomas: Thomas showed some flashes here and there. There were a few plays where he would burst up into the inside and make some things happen, but overall he’s still trying to have things slow down for him. I think adjustments for defensive tackles is difficult in the first year.

Ebenezer Ekuban: Ekuban is having to adjust to playing out so wide. He’s getting better at getting his pad level to where it needs to be in his attack and his combination of power and quickness is pretty impressive. He had Lepsis in a back-peddle at one point. I’d say he’s still showed the most consistency of the ends and that he is the starter is understandable.

John Engelberger: He has good quickness and burst but it doesn’t sustain and he is a real hit or miss type. Nothing amazing, but he is more productive in the new scheme than he was last year. My suspicion is that he’ll be supplanted on the depth chart sometime.

Gerard Warren: He’s really just eating blockers anymore and they use him that way. Not a lot of big plays but he’s better about not getting pushed off the line and pushing in on it during pass plays.

Elvis Dumervil: Dumervil is a hit miss guy. When he beats his guy, he beats him very quickly and he’s there. If a guy gets his hands on him, it’s over. On one drill Lepsis literally picked him up and threw him on the ground. Dumervil took some ripping and looked embarrassed. He still has a good motor and tries every play, though.

Sam Adams: Adams had some nice moves and still shows that burst and penetration. He wears down and needs frequent rests to keep his intensity, though. He has lost a little weight, which appears to have helped his agility. He’s still very disruptive.

Jimmy Kennedy: Kennedy got some work filling in for Sam Adams and from what I saw he was alright. Some have criticized him as being too soft and not very good against the run. I didn’t mind what I saw, and while he is a far cry from his first round grade where he was drafted, he seemed good enough to fill in at spots and contribute.

Offensive Line – The O-line was pretty good today. They seemed to be better at handling the edge rushers and using their hands to keep the plays inside. Here’s some general things I saw.

Tom Nalen: Nalen is still very good at what he does. There was a time when he was being bull-rushed and he’s always able to use his core strength and athleticism to redirect the attacker into a position where their power is moving somewhere other than where it should be. I think Demetrin Veal attacked Nalen lifted and pushed him up out of the attack posture while bending his back pretty far to neutralize the rush. It was very impressive. Compare that with…

Ben Hamilton: Hamilton does a good job keeping his feet but he still gets blown off the ball in straight bull rush attacks. He just gives up too much ground. He’s always good at getting his hands on his guy and keeping the play in front of him and in the rushing attack he’s quick and explosive but he doesn’t anchor well in the passing game.

Chris Kuper: Kuper had an impressive practice. He’s still really hard to move and generally just plows guys off the ball. His feet are always in good position and once he anchors he explodes back into the attacker and they just can’t win. I maintain that he’s going to be a pro bowl player for us.

Adam Meadows: Meadows was beat like a drum all day. He seemed to really be struggling with the speed and quickness on the outside that we’re starting to see. He did recover on one play after he was beat to the outside.

Erik Pears: Pears looked better but still seems to be in an adjustment phase. When he’s on, he’s on but for whatever reason he makes mental lapses and struggles with some of the angles he’s attacked on. He is getting better, though.

Ryan Harris: Thomas is good in a lot of the things he does but he’s struggled the last few days with his footwork. On the edge rush he needs to be better about kicking out, planting his outside foot and then accelerating into his block. He’s not planting his feet right and he’s not accelerating into the block. I think the speed of the defenders is giving him some troubles.

Matt Lepsis: He had an off an on practice, but more was on than off. Moss gave him some trouble, but he overall was doing ok. He was beat on one but recovered and pushed the guy out of the play.

Quarterbacks – The quarterbacks from a depth perspective are disappointing. Maybe it’s just that Cutler looks really good but my thoughts are more grim based on what I see.

Jay Cutler: Cutler continued to impress. There were a couple throws he forced, but he completed them and I have yet to see him get intercepted. He does a good job of not staring down his receivers and I also haven’t seen him fumble to ball during the exchange yet. He is still extremely accurate, composed and has taken the leadership role well.

Patrick Ramsey: He is not very accurate. He holds onto the ball too long and pumps too much. His passes are very strong, but also very inaccurate. It’s frustrating because he hasn’t made a whole lot of progress.

Darrell Hackney: He has a very strong arm and is light footed for a guy built like a bowling ball. He’s tiny, so he can barely see over the line, but my thoughts are that he could be a good practice squad guy.

Preston Parsons: Parsons is the most accurate of our QB’s and has a decent feel for timing and rhythm. I would say that he’s the best backup we have in terms of understanding the system, making the right reads and so on.

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Part 2

Defensive Backs – I did get a good look at the corners as they were doing one on one endzone drills today. Our corners are really elite.

Karl Paymah: Foxworth better be careful because Paymah is a different player this year. He is physical and attacks the receivers at the line. His speed is excellent and his man coverage impressed. He broke quite a few passes and straight blew up a bubble screen on his own. He’s really hard to beat in a jam and I think he’s a better fit in this defense than he was last year.

Champ Bailey: Bailey shut things down. I saw one crossing route get by him for eight yards that went out of bounds. None of the QB’s throw at him so I barely watch him. There was one play where Jay really wanted to beat him and he kept pump faking and then finally thew it and Champ picked it off but Hixon knocked it lose. It was pretty funny.

Dre Bly: He was really impressive. Despite his smallish size he is incredibly instinctive and athletic. He had a pick in the redzone drills, deflected a pass into DJ Williams for an interception and is always trying and sometimes succeeding at forcing fumbles. He is way batter than Darrent Williams was and his technique and abilities are better overall. He gets beat sometimes, but you have to remember that not everyone can be Champ and Bly is usually winning his matchups.

Dominique Foxworth: Foxworth made some pretty good plays but also let some guys go by him. He didn’t do as well recovering as he used to. The one thing I saw that I really liked is he is learning to put some licks on guys and did so a number of times. He really has begun to master the art of blowing someone up and that will help force some incompletions.

Kevin House: This is a guy I know very little about. He is instinctive and aggressive but also very raw. He will take some time but the coaching staff is in his ear a lot and his ball awareness is pretty good.

Receivers – The Receivers actually had a good practice today. All of them made some plays and did well in the passing game.

Brandon Stokely: Stokely had a great practice. He is way ahead of schedule and is cutting and running full speed. He made some really impressive catches and his routes are crisp. He also is the best at adjusting his route to a blitz. His only knock is he isn’t the blazer that Hixon is.

Domenik Hixon: Hixon had a decent practice. He is still raw in his routes and adjustments but that will just come with time. He did have one drop I saw. I’m going to watch him more closely on special teams.

Well the rest should have been covered by SoCal. Sorry this one took so long to get up, but it was more extensive than the others have been. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------
                      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Good stuff guys, thanks for doing this year in and year out. People like me who don't get a chance to goto training camp because I'm across the country really appreciate this
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
                          Good stuff guys, thanks for doing this year in and year out. People like me who don't get a chance to goto training camp because I'm across the country really appreciate this
                          Apparently Paymah is looking good. Real good!!! Thats great news. Broncos NEED another good nickel guy. Who can also play physical at the line with Brandon gone. TEs in the AFCWEST are brutal!
                          I wonder if Sundquist and Shanny might just entertain trade options now for Foxy. Dont get me wrong, i like Foxy, but with the glaring hole at Safety, and Foxy was horrid at safety last year, i wonder if there are teams in need of a solid CB. Just a thought.....

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado1 View Post
                            Apparently Paymah is looking good. Real good!!! Thats great news. Broncos NEED another good nickel guy. Who can also play physical at the line with Brandon gone. TEs in the AFCWEST are brutal!
                            I wonder if Sundquist and Shanny might just entertain trade options now for Foxy. Dont get me wrong, i like Foxy, but with the glaring hole at Safety, and Foxy was horrid at safety last year, i wonder if there are teams in need of a solid CB. Just a thought.....
                            As long as it's for a real safety, and not some loser like Wesley, I wouldn'thave much of a problem with it.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
                              fxblitz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                              If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can't post or create threads or anything!
                              mine says the same thing, although i registered long ago i still cannot post...i did pm the adm and still nothing
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X