Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem with all these camp reports...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I try to avoid them as much as much as I can... Not actually being at the practices it's easy to get the wrong feeling of what is going on when you're not part of the team. We don't have the inside scoop so all this talk of injury and player abilities doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I usually read them anyways, because I have a hopeless Denver addiction...

    Comment


    • #17
      I take each one for what it is. Who's writing it and so forth.

      But mostly, the injury report.

      :crosses fingers:

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
        The things I look for TC reports is that players are progressing. Kaylore and soCal do a great job in describing the physical work that goes into playing football. The concentrate on hand and foot control and placement, how accurate Cutler is, how crisp the routes are.

        You cant really judge team progress right now, but more individual progress. When we head to TX we'll get more of an idea how the team is gelling.

        Hearing Cutler is accurate, Javon is running crisp routes, Henry can make cuts and is fast, that DJ is taking a more vocal/leadership role....those are the things that are good to see, because it all leads to good chemistry.

        And Cutler has mentioned that he has talked with Stokely quite a bit, and learned a lot from him...that he is willing to talk to anyone to get as much as he can is a good characteristic to have in football.

        And the reporters always comment on Bates' style, and between that and the comments from other reports, it all sounds great.

        I just have to realize that TC is not about how good an O or D is...but its just one big job interview for the players
        Your correct however if one does not know which route is called one does not really know if he is running it correctly. This is not a jab at those that are reporting merely that all that is seen may not be what it seems.

        The only way ones knows for sure is if the coaches praise or yell at someone.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JRWIZ View Post
          Your correct however if one does not know which route is called one does not really know if he is running it correctly. This is not a jab at those that are reporting merely that all that is seen may not be what it seems.

          The only way ones knows for sure is if the coaches praise or yell at someone.
          Very true. Bates' seems to be the quick feedback kind of coach, and Kalyore and SoCal both comment on how vocal he is.

          I'd love to see another TC special with the Broncos done on NFLN. There were some great comments and stuff that happens on the field we just dont hear about.

          And I like the fact that we get our reports from more than one souce. Besides Kaylore and SoCal, ArronHeeb has also been to camp, and also getting the news reports from Channel 4 and Andrew Mason.

          You can see the different point of views in all the reports, and you find some happy ground with them. That's all you can do.

          I love reading those reports everyday. It gives us some idea what is going on in camp, besides just getting snipits here and there from the news. We have access to so much more media, and frankly are spoiled by the reports we get here that really only a small # of people read compared to the traditional media outlets of TV, newspaper and radio.
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

          "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

          Comment


          • #20
            Just try not to read into the reports more than you should. Keep in mind, the defenses always have the edge at the beginning of camps.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
              The things I look for TC reports is that players are progressing. Kaylore and soCal do a great job in describing the physical work that goes into playing football. The concentrate on hand and foot control and placement, how accurate Cutler is, how crisp the routes are.

              You cant really judge team progress right now, but more individual progress. When we head to TX we'll get more of an idea how the team is gelling.

              Hearing Cutler is accurate, Javon is running crisp routes, Henry can make cuts and is fast, that DJ is taking a more vocal/leadership role....those are the things that are good to see, because it all leads to good chemistry.

              And Cutler has mentioned that he has talked with Stokley quite a bit, and learned a lot from him...that he is willing to talk to anyone to get as much as he can is a good characteristic to have in football.

              And the reporters always comment on Bates' style, and between that and the comments from other reports, it all sounds great.

              I just have to realize that TC is not about how good an O or D is...but its just one big job interview for the players
              I definitely agree with you. And I certainly enjoy reading all the reports and hearing what's going on. My point was only that you can't really say for sure what's worth getting worried or excited about until we start playing other teams.

              But I definitely all those providing the reports!
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

              Comment


              • #22
                It's important to understand who it is you are seeing and what is going on. If we are running the ball well, does that mean our run defense sucks? No, it probably just means that our defense plays against the Denver Broncos every practice. If Walker isn't getting thrown to and doesn't catch a pass, does it mean he sucks or that Champ Bailey was covering him? It's important to use your brain in these things. If Kenny Peterson was regularly beating Matt Lepsis, then we'd have problems, but if Tim Crowder can't get off Erik Pears' block, it doesn't mean he's a bust. You have to think a little bit.
                KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by columbiaskinny View Post
                  I take each one for what it is. Who's writing it and so forth.

                  But mostly, the injury report.

                  :crosses fingers:
                  I agree the most important report is no injuries. Thanks to the people who report back though because anything is better than nothing.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    It's important to understand who it is you are seeing and what is going on. If we are running the ball well, does that mean our run defense sucks? No, it probably just means that our defense plays against the Denver Broncos every practice. If Walker isn't getting thrown to and doesn't catch a pass, does it mean he sucks or that Champ Bailey was covering him? It's important to use your brain in these things. If Kenny Peterson was regularly beating Matt Lepsis, then we'd have problems, but if Tim Crowder can't get off Erik Pears' block, it doesn't mean he's a bust. You have to think a little bit.
                    Ah, but it's not always obvious. I mean, sure, if a receiver is struggling against Champ then it doesn't mean he's necessarily a sucky receiver... but it doesn't rule it out, either. So, that same receiver has success against Paymah, does that mean Paymah sucks or that the receiver is simply really good when not covered by the best in the biz? Obviously you can make blanket observations if that receiver doesn't have success against anybody but it is rarely that clear-cut.

                    And if Peterson is regularly beating Lepsis, that doesn't necessarily mean Lepsis is struggling unless Peterson isn't beating anyone else and Lepsis is struggling against other people as well. Etc., etc.

                    Those of you lucky enough to attend get a better feel than can be conveyed in words to the rest of us but I still feel like most of the excitement / concern that arises can't but fully justified until we start playing other teams. Hopefully the Broncos have such a high level and talent and ability throughout the team this year that many concerns will be mitigated when we start playing average teams. (Much prefered to the other way around...)
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The best way to really know is to see how it all looks on game day.
                      John 11: 25-27

                      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                      Thanks Snk16

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'm just happy to read any of this stuff, because I am SOOOOO ready for the season to happen, and I get tired of reading about how many new varieties of stripes the Bengals and others are wearing. Hearing football news that is actually ABOUT FOOTBALL is good, especially with it all about the orange and blue. Thanks so much to any who post their own impressions. That's why the boards are so cool. Who wants to hear anything else from Kizla (sp wrong?? don't really care)? I like to hear what real fans think instead of someone writing adverse opinion just to boost sales of the fishwrappers.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                          All these camp reports are great and I thank the efforts of SoCalBroncos, Kaylore, Andrew Mason and others. But... it's really hard to know how to interpret the info.

                          I mean, if you hear that Travis Henry has started to look really great does that mean we should get excited about Henry and our offensive line or does it mean we should be worried about our run defense? If Champ, Dre and Co. are shutting down the passing game should we be pumped about our passing D or crying over our passing O? Is Jarvis Moss really coming along that quickly or is Pears going to suck at RT? Etc., etc.

                          If one area of the team is looking good then it means the area of the them on the opposite side of the ball is struggling and vice versa.

                          Basically, I get all kinds of mixed feelings when reading these reports and I can't wait until we start playing other teams where we will hopefully dominate on both sides of the ball.
                          You have to give these reports wi th a grain of salt but saying that what else do we have to judge these guys with obviously all the papers put out are color peaces. these guys seem have a good eye for football moreso then the causal fan. and heck atleast it gives us something to talk about.
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            It's important to understand who it is you are seeing and what is going on. If we are running the ball well, does that mean our run defense sucks? No, it probably just means that our defense plays against the Denver Broncos every practice. If Walker isn't getting thrown to and doesn't catch a pass, does it mean he sucks or that Champ Bailey was covering him? It's important to use your brain in these things. If Kenny Peterson was regularly beating Matt Lepsis, then we'd have problems, but if Tim Crowder can't get off Erik Pears' block, it doesn't mean he's a bust. You have to think a little bit.
                            Thanks for the demeaning post.

                            How will we stupid people EVER handle the regular season, if we can't ponder training camp reports.....
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

                            -- Samuel Adams

                            sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by rcsodak View Post
                              Thanks for the demeaning post.

                              How will we stupid people EVER handle the regular season, if we can't ponder training camp reports.....
                              Get back to your seat and learn from what the expert eyes at TC have witnessed. It may be vital to the teams chemistry.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                                Get back to your seat and learn from what the expert eyes at TC have witnessed. It may be vital to the teams chemistry.


                                Duh.....


                                ....where's my seat?






                                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                                men."

                                -- Samuel Adams

                                sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X