Afternoon practice cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon practice cancelled?

I was planning on going out to the 3:50 practice today, but heard on channel 7 news that they do not have an afternoon practice. Anybody hear anything on this?
    sigpic
    Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Yes, the after noon practice has been canceled.

Check cbs4denver.com

Comment

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/local_story_214130727.html

(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Denver Broncos linebacker Warrick Holdman was taken to the hospital Thursday morning after he appeared to injure his head or neck during the morning training camp practice.

Holdman appeared to hit the crown of his helmet on Mike Bell's helmet and crumpled to the grass midway through a drill during the morning's workout. He stayed down for eight minutes but was rolled over onto his back after a minute.

After practice, coach Mike Shanahan said Holdman had lost some feeling in his arms and legs for about 40 seconds. The Broncos are hoping Holdman is not seriously hurt and they'll know a lot more after the tests.

Later he appeared to be moving his arms and legs before being taken to the hospital as a precaution. There was no other information about his condition

Holdman is A ninth-year linebacker in his first season with the Broncos who has started at least 10 games in a season five times during his career. He spent the previous two years with Washington and also played for Cleveland (2004) and Chicago (1999-2003).

Shanahan also canceled the afternoon practice session, although it wasn't clear if that was related to Holdman's injury.

All the Broncos were clearly affected by the injury. John Lynch said they never did regain their intensity during the remainder of practice. Dre' Bly said you just take a knee and pray your teammate isn't seriously hurt.

As for the practice, David Kircus looked good catching a long touchdown pass and throwing a great block on Domonique Foxworth that earned a high five from Javon Walker.

Stay with CBS4 and cbs4denver.com for the latest on this story from the CBS4 Broncos Insiders.

Stay Up To Date On The Denver Broncos

• Email: Sign up for the CBS4 Broncos Insiders E-mail Update and you'll get the latest Broncos news in your inbox when it happens.
      • Free Wireless Text Alerts: Stay informed with CBS4 Broncos Insiders text alerts. Your carrier's standard text messaging rates apply. (available to all major wireless carrier subscribers) To sign up, text 4broncos to 66247.

(© MMVII CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post

Check cbs4denver.com
        Any reason give as to why they canceled? I'm not on my own computer so I can't visit all the different websites.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post

Check cbs4denver.com
          Damn.....thanks for the info!!
          sigpic
          Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
            Any reason give as to why they canceled? I'm not on my own computer so I can't visit all the different websites.
            I posted the article above. I knew initially because I got the txt message from CBS4Denver.

Although they wont confirm if it's related to the Holdman incident I'd guess one has to do with the other in some regard. Hopefully Holdman's doing ok.

Comment

Working...
            X