What's up with Chad Mustard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Chad Mustard?

I always pictured Mustard taking on Carswell's role (late in his career) of being essentially an extra tackle that could catch the ball. Now with the addition of Graham, I realize that Mustard's value might have dipped and he might not make the team if we go with 3 tight ends plus Leach as our long-snapper and emergency TE.

But I had completely forgotten Mustard was on the team until today when I was looking at the roster. I mean, I would have thought I'd heard his name mentioned one way or another, whether he was doing good or screwing up royally. But I haven't heard or read a single mention of his name.

Anybody know anything about him?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

he really hasnt made any noise in camp. Nothing great, noting bad.. Now what i know is that he is in a lot on running plays and i dont believe he hands the hands that house had... At least they are not using him for that purpose. I actually see Leach out catching more balls than Mustard.. If he makes the team i see this as a guy who will be in to block along with Graham and will be a body mover. But he wouldnt be a person i would put on my fantasy team... thats for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb View Post
      But he wouldnt be a person i would put on my fantasy team... thats for sure...
      Ah shucks man! You should have mentioned this before I drafted him 1st overall in my fantasy draft.

Comment

he really hasnt made any noise in camp. Nothing great, noting bad.. Now what i know is that he is in a lot on running plays and i dont believe he hands the hands that house had... At least they are not using him for that purpose. I actually see Leach out catching more balls than Mustard.. If he makes the team i see this as a guy who will be in to block along with Graham and will be a body mover. But he wouldnt be a person i would put on my fantasy team... thats for sure...
        His hands are fine from what I've seen, the fact that he is a former tackle and has limited athleticism as a receiver is the more likely reason he isn't used in the passing game.
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

right now he has a hamstring injury

Comment

I actually see Leach out catching more balls than Mustard..
            Mike Leach turns up at every camp and seems to have hands like glue every year (as far as I remember). But Mikey would never risk him in a game I don't think considering he's one of the top LSs in the league.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
              Mike Leach turns up at every camp and seems to have hands like glue every year (as far as I remember). But Mikey would never risk him in a game I don't think considering he's one of the top LSs in the league.
              Probably the SINGLE most underrated position in Football. I've heard it said that if you want your kid to go far playing football, teach him (or her, I'm equal opportunity) to be a long snapper.

As for Mustard; did he get any playing time last year? I can't remember seeing him in any games (not that I have perfect memory of every Denver snap, of course.) I have absolutely nothing against the guy...but I can't think of anything that makes him stand out in my mind.
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                Actually last year or maybe the year before he got a couple of TDs or nice gains inside the red zone.

ADN yes his value to the LS is an understatement. He also is one ot the first down field on punt coverage he make alot of tackle

He has a job till he wants to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ View Post
                  Actually last year or maybe the year before he got a couple of TDs or nice gains inside the red zone.

ADN yes his value to the LS is an understatement. He also is one ot the first down field on punt coverage he make alot of tackle

He has a job till he wants to retire.
                  I think you're thinking of someone else. Leach hasn't ever caught a pass for the Broncos in the regular season.
                  KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    I think you're thinking of someone else. Leach hasn't ever caught a pass for the Broncos in the regular season.
                    leach has never caught a pass in his career.

so your right he has to be thinking of someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                      I always pictured Mustard taking on Carswell's role (late in his career) of being essentially an extra tackle that could catch the ball. Now with the addition of Graham, I realize that Mustard's value might have dipped and he might not make the team if we go with 3 tight ends plus Leach as our long-snapper and emergency TE.

But I had completely forgotten Mustard was on the team until today when I was looking at the roster. I mean, I would have thought I'd heard his name mentioned one way or another, whether he was doing good or screwing up royally. But I haven't heard or read a single mention of his name.

That sure can't be good sign for his career.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                        That sure can't be good sign for his career.
                        Well, everyone knows Mustard is a terrific blocker. His problem is, so is Graham,
                        so that makes Mustard once removed. Scheffler is direly needed in the passing
                        game, and Mustard is not known for receiving, so that closes out another
                        position. Alexander is not the best blocker, nor the best receiver, but he is
                        competent at both, so that takes care of another position. Leach is a fixture.

Looks like only one position is left to fight over, and Jackson has been shining
                        in camp, according to reports. All which indicates to me that Mustard may be in
                        trouble.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post

No worries, he will make the team, IMO. He is involved on alot of ST's, and he is involved as an extra blocker on goal-line ans short yardage.

I think he will make it...

Comment

Mustard has been hurt, by the way. He also has a mohawk now.
                            KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Chad Mustard caught 2 passes last year against KC on Thanksgiving Day.
                              11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Working...
                              X