Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Javon and Stokley also sidelined by injury today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Javon and Stokley also sidelined by injury today

    Andrew Mason's MORNING REPORT is up on his blog...

    Of not. Brandon Stokley was held out due to a thigh injury and this fine piece of news....

    Javon Walker became the latest wide receiver to encounter an infirmity when he pulled up holding his upper left leg while running a pass route during two-minute drill work midway through the session. Walker remained on the field for two more snaps and then went to the sidelines. He did not return for the remainder of the day. “He got a little tightness,” Shanahan said. “I wasn’t sure if he cramped up, but he didn’t pull anything. It just got a little tight, so we kept him out.”
    -- ANDREW MASON 8/3/07
    Ouch... our receivers need to catch a break...
    Denver Obsession
    www.BroncoTalk.net

  • #2
    So, we will really be a running team this season. It will be fun going into the season with 6 receivers on the PUP list and no active ones!

    Comment


    • #3
      Walker just had a cramp so he will be back next practise hopefully, but man do we ever have alot of people out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok, instead of calling off one training camp, maybe it's time to call the whole thing off.....geez!
        Ready for the friggen season already!

        Comment


        • #5
          we do, but thankfully they are not out....fear of saying it......you can figure out what i was going to say.

          we should be full throttle for game 1.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rbk_bronco View Post
            Walker just had a cramp so he will be back next practise hopefully, but man do we ever have alot of people out.
            Yeah, I'm sure Walker will be back at the next practice. But you're right, we're looking thin on the field today.

            Good news is that the remaining guys seemed to look good. Heck, I'm pulling for guys like David Kircus and Nate Jackson, so it's great to see them taking advantage of their chances at more reps!
            Denver Obsession
            www.BroncoTalk.net

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by denverobsession View Post
              Yeah, I'm sure Walker will be back at the next practice. But you're right, we're looking thin on the field today.

              Good news is that the remaining guys seemed to look good. Heck, I'm pulling for guys like David Kircus and Nate Jackson, so it's great to see them taking advantage of their chances at more reps!
              I am really hoping Hixon and Kircus step up now, especially Hixon he has speed and he's pretty big to so it would be nice to have him as our 4th WR, and maybe third when Stokley moves on.

              Comment


              • #8
                In related news, I just pulled an eye muscle reading the list of injured receivers, and am now listed as questionable for the afternoon list...
                "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

                "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Damn.

                  In my opinion Javon is maybe the most important member on the team. With no Javon then Cutler has no target unless BMarsh turns out amazing. Stokely, while good, isn't a guy you want to throw to all the time.

                  Javon will probably be back soon but I think our receivers need to take it easy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why is everyone so finnickey? This is training camp, even if he did pull something he would be at full strength by season start.


                    Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

                    Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
                      Why is everyone so finnickey? This is training camp, even if he did pull something he would be at full strength by season start.
                      Missing practice hurts. A lot.

                      Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
                      sigpic

                      Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The funny thing is they never really go into too much detail as to what Stokley's thigh injury is. I'm sure it's nothing major and he will be back in practice on Monday. Stokley is working really hard to make this team.
                        Broncos Fan/Colorado Native Stuck In VAsigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bryceleo View Post
                          The funny thing is they never really go into too much detail as to what Stokley's thigh injury is. I'm sure it's nothing major and he will be back in practice on Monday. Stokley is working really hard to make this team.
                          Yeah, I like Stokley a LOT. He's been a great surprise this camp. I'm sure he'll be good to go soon... I think Shanahan has started to pull guys prior to getting them 'really' hurt, so they can rest and go full speed again next week.
                          Denver Obsession
                          www.BroncoTalk.net

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is ridiculous and disappointing. I can understand a couple guys but our receivers are dropping like flies. Is our conditioning program that bad that our guys can't run all out on a consistent basis. Leg injuries like this are attributed to a lack of conditioning.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Some guys are saying that it don't matter it's only Training Camp but if this continues all year, then were in ALOT of trouble.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X