Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks the autograph method is stupid?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who thinks the autograph method is stupid?

    I can't stand how they do the autographs at training camp. I understand that the players are busy, but 10 minutes and it's over. That Sucks! Plus, when you start out in line there are only like 15 people in front of you. But, once practice is over the line magically increases by 10. My opinon is that you shouldn't be able to save spots for people in an autograph line. You pay your dues and wait like everyone else. All that aside, the BRONCOS are going to be awesome this year.

  • #2
    Autographs are a courtesy thing. They don't have to do it.

    You should be thankful that they do it in the first place.

    Trust me -- after a pull contact practice, the last thing you want to do it sit around signing autographs.

    You're sore, tired, and just want to get undressed and ice up.

    Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
    sigpic

    Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

    Comment


    • #3
      I am grateful!

      I just can't stand that 50 people stroll in & cut because their buddy "held" a spot for them. I understand the players are busy & sore. They're cool! It is moron fans that I am annoyed with. The players are great!

      Comment


      • #4
        I used to just go down to the stadium and hit up players for auto's as they were walking to the stadium from thier cars.......not sure if you still can at Invesco....but at Mile High you could.

        I found most players are more willing to give them out BEFORE a game rather than after.





        PEACE!!!





        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rjdonah View Post
          I just can't stand that 50 people stroll in & cut because their buddy "held" a spot for them. I understand the players are busy & sore. They're cool! It is moron fans that I am annoyed with. The players are great!
          I agree.

          Tell security about the spot saving. I got kicked out once for it, so I don't let anyone else do it. Not when, like you said, the players MAYBE stick around for 10 min.

          People who sat there for 45 min (or however long) shouldn't be cut.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have no opinion on this as I think collecting autographs is silly. I would rather get a picture or just talk to them a little bit, but that's just me.
            KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Even as a kid I alway's felt foolish asking for autographs.

              Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              I have no opinion on this as I think collecting autographs is silly. I would rather get a picture or just talk to them a little bit, but that's just me.
              I have one autograph....An old Denver D helmet autographed by John Elway.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by McKeough View Post
                Autographs are a courtesy thing. They don't have to do it.

                You should be thankful that they do it in the first place.

                Trust me -- after a pull contact practice, the last thing you want to do it sit around signing autographs.

                You're sore, tired, and just want to get undressed and ice up.
                these guys are paid millions of dollars. and should sign autos i am not a auto collector


                People that cut in line or play the save a spot tick me off it ususally ends in me being ejected from wherever this occurrs
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I always get my autographs/pictures with players in Team hotels and stuff. I follow them around sometimes

                  And sometimes before and after the games everyone is always out there wanting autographs.

                  And at Fan Fare I get a good ammount of pics and stuff.

                  I Never even tried to get autographs at training camp before.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have a few autographs from sports players, but I don't think they're that great. I might go and try and get a few at camp next year, but it's not that big a deal to me. Like Kaylore mentioned, getting a picture taken or talking football for a few minutes would mean a lot more.

                    My sister has a ton of Packers autographs, but her biggest Packer moment is getting to wear Bill "Red" Mack's championship ring from Super Bowl I. She didn't make it to camp this year, but she went to the past two. Heck, she even ran down Mark Tauscher's Escalade just to get an autograph. She's nuts, but I'd never do that. But her encounter with Mack means a lot more and she'll remember that forever.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dream View Post
                      I have a few autographs from sports players, but I don't think they're that great. I might go and try and get a few at camp next year, but it's not that big a deal to me. Like Kaylore mentioned, getting a picture taken or talking football for a few minutes would mean a lot more.

                      My sister has a ton of Packers autographs, but her biggest Packer moment is getting to wear Bill "Red" Mack's championship ring from Super Bowl I. She didn't make it to camp this year, but she went to the past two. Heck, she even ran down Mark Tauscher's Escalade just to get an autograph. She's nuts, but I'd never do that. But her encounter with Mack means a lot more and she'll remember that forever.
                      Yea I agree^.

                      I've talked football with Kircus, Sheff,Watts, Putzier, Coyer, Shanahan, D-will, Warren and a few other players. And that is a lot more cool then getting a player to sign a paper or something. I usually get pictures with a player and then have them sign the picture for me. Thats what I like the most.

                      Or If I have a card then I like them to sign that.
                      Last edited by BroncoBJ4MVP!!!; 08-05-2007, 12:36 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
                        I used to just go down to the stadium and hit up players for auto's as they were walking to the stadium from thier cars.......not sure if you still can at Invesco....but at Mile High you could.

                        I found most players are more willing to give them out BEFORE a game rather than after.





                        PEACE!!!
                        That actually sounds like some really good, wise advice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i was hoping someone else was going to say something before i got a chance... Kaylore... im with you on this man. I see all the adults up in line just to have some guy they can drool over for 20 seconds while he signs a piece of paper. All the while they are missing the whole practice to do this! For a kid i think its great just because they get to meet the people they worship. But for a grown man??? I just dont get it at all... I also cant stand the guys that see these athletes out in public and bother them for autographs or whatever as well... That is probably worse than the dudes in line...

                          Can anyone on this board who has gone through puberty explain this to me?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I can go only by what I read and hear on this because I have never sought
                            autographs. However, I have often thought it would stink to be famous because
                            I would have to sign my name all the time . . . not something that tickles my
                            fancy. So I would probably one of those guys who would be ducking the public
                            much as possible.

                            Regarding cutting into line, I would think the best thing to do would be to call
                            security's attention to it, as previously suggested here. I don't know . . . I have
                            incurred the same problem everywhere I go, it seems . . . punks cutting in
                            ahead of me. I usually just let them cut since that's all they seem to have in life.

                            But I'm just a different breed of cat, I guess. I get more of a thrill meeting with
                            my wife than I do meeting celebrities. *shrugs*

                            -----

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rjdonah View Post
                              I can't stand how they do the autographs at training camp. I understand that the players are busy, but 10 minutes and it's over. That Sucks! Plus, when you start out in line there are only like 15 people in front of you. But, once practice is over the line magically increases by 10. My opinon is that you shouldn't be able to save spots for people in an autograph line. You pay your dues and wait like everyone else. All that aside, the BRONCOS are going to be awesome this year.
                              I agree in terms of saving spots in line. It's unfair to the rest of the people that missed watching the practice. These people that get to watch the practice and just shows up and gets to cut is wrong. Especially if they are only signing for 10mins. When it's your turn to get a signiture you might be at 10min 05 secs and then they get up and leave.
                              President Cool

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X