first camp . . got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first camp . . got a ?

ok im in denver visiting and im attending camp in the morning, i have 2 questions for people that have been there

1. what time should i get there . . . i was thinking 7:30 is that too early/late

2. where should i sit at

thanks guys
    sigpic
    -------

usually it isnt too busy on mon... if you get there around 7:45 - 8:00 you should be fine... Obviously you want to site as close to the 50 as possible but sometimes it can be a pain in the ass... The retard security guards make the first people go all the way to the goal line and then you work your way down the field from there...

So being first in line is not the best... Try to get midway in line that way you will be primed to get the 50 yard line seats. If you dont time it right then just stay stood up and let people go ahead of you until you get where you want to be...

And have fun and take a ton of pics... Also if you get there at the beginning and you are close to the 50, you will be part of the nick furguson show which is his morning talk to the fans that is always hilarious...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb View Post
      usually it isnt too busy on mon... if you get there around 7:45 - 8:00 you should be fine... Obviously you want to site as close to the 50 as possible but sometimes it can be a pain in the ass... The retard security guards make the first people go all the way to the goal line and then you work your way down the field from there...

So being first in line is not the best... Try to get midway in line that way you will be primed to get the 50 yard line seats. If you dont time it right then just stay stood up and let people go ahead of you until you get where you want to be...

And have fun and take a ton of pics... Also if you get there at the beginning and you are close to the 50, you will be part of the nick furguson show which is his morning talk to the fans that is always hilarious...
      awesome, im so excited to go tomorrow, i drove all the way from illinois
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

also if im gonna stay for afternoon is it usually better . . . and if i i go to that session should i stay at the field or will i have time to leave and come back
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

SuperBowl Bound Broncos!!! Love the name and congrats on going to camp. This year is the first year I've been to camp since the Vance Johnson days and camp was still in Greely!

I went last Monday and it wasn't too busy. It was my first camp and I was by myself so I didn't really know what to expect. Let me give you 3 pieces of advice. 1st, take water (not gatorade, not tea, not pop...WATER. Security won't allow anything else in besides water and you will need it!). 2nd, wear a hat. Saturday I wore my fishing hat b/c I knew what to expect after a week of camp. It helped a lot. The reasons for wearing a hat are obvious, but most of all it's difficult to see without atleast a baseball cap. The sun will be directly in front of you and it's intense this time of year! I've lived in Houston and worked on the flightline for many years in 100 degree weather and the sun here in Denver is every bit as intense! 3rd, bring your sunblock. I was using SPF 30 all week and while I've got a killer tan, I did not burn. Put it to you this way, I've taken off my Jersey every time out and end up putting it over my legs and privates as they're roasting! (Sorry for the details )

Last Monday I arrived at 7:45 since I got kind of lost. I ended up near the South Endzone and most of the plays were on the other side of the field (North side or far endzone). It's true that the people that arrived early this past week were screwed with the poorest views. The best area is the north side of the 50. They have the about 15 yards in the middle of the field reserved for the VIPs. What I did the last couple days was wait in line early and then step out of line right before entering the field. I asked the gal working the "gate" if I could wait so that I didn't get stuck with poor seating. She said that was fine. Get in line as soon as you get there and observe where they're sitting people. If they change the rules and allow people to sit wherever they want (save for the first group which are the VIPs) you'll be set. If they start packing the far endzone (South side) step out of line at the gate and wait for better seating.

So you know, the south side of the endzone is wear the DB's practice. The north side the DL and sometimes the WR's and QB's. On Saturday (first time all week) they practiced quite a bit near the south endzone, perhaps they realized they were screwing the people that showed up early for the best seats? Still, if you're on either side of the 50 close to midfield you'll do well.

Water, Sunblock, Hat... DO NOT FORGET!

Have fun and lets us know how it goes.
          Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
          Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            also if im gonna stay for afternoon is it usually better . . . and if i i go to that session should i stay at the field or will i have time to leave and come back
            You will have PLENTY of time to go and eat and then come back. I wouldn't suggest waiting around forever at camp. Morning practice usually ends by 11 or so.
            Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
            Samuel Johnson

Comment

You can get some pretty good mexican food at Arapahoe and Peoria.

Comment

So how was the camp>? Today's weather was great (in the AM) so I imagine it was even more enjoyable. Save for the Jarvis scare I bet today was one of the best days in the 8 days of camp... you picked a good one!
                Samuel Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X