Kaylore's Camp Report 8/7 AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kupesdad View Post
    Kaylore has been at tc all last week and this week and is giving great insight on the team. I have been there as well although not every day. Just one thing we need to consider with regard to the O-Line that will be much different when we line up against other opponents. The zone blocking scheme is based on our smaller faster o-line getting into position so that our back finds a seam and makes a cut downhill to hopefully break free. The thing that will change when we line up against different colored shirts is that when the defensive player gets into position to make a play, our linemen will cut them allowing bigger gains. This will make much less of a difference in passing situations but I think lack of success in the passing game has a lot to do with injuries to our WR's and a pretty stellar lineup as far as our db's are concerned. In addition you have guys like Sam Adams who is one of quickest HUGE men in the game playing for 2-3 plays, going out and coming back fresh to wreak havoc once again. I might be all wet on this but I think the team has done a very good job in addressing the parts we were missing last year and reloading. The result is sometimes making a relatively new offensive lineup look bad. I think we are going to be all right once we heal up and the offensive lineup is set and plays together for a while.

hey thanks

is that fire a ragin inside chris now? from all i have heard he is doing well, and are testing him out mentally. is he just going to explode? i think he will. and you may not know this, but has chris said anything about how much time they will get in the first couple preseason games?
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I really appreciate the reports Kaylore.

Right now I'm not too worried about the offense being sluggish during practice. It happpens. If I were able to attend like you are I probably would feel more liike you do, but from this distance it looks a little different to me.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by kupesdad View Post
        Kaylore has been at tc all last week and this week and is giving great insight on the team. I have been there as well although not every day. Just one thing we need to consider with regard to the O-Line that will be much different when we line up against other opponents. The zone blocking scheme is based on our smaller faster o-line getting into position so that our back finds a seam and makes a cut downhill to hopefully break free. The thing that will change when we line up against different colored shirts is that when the defensive player gets into position to make a play, our linemen will cut them allowing bigger gains. This will make much less of a difference in passing situations but I think lack of success in the passing game has a lot to do with injuries to our WR's and a pretty stellar lineup as far as our db's are concerned. In addition you have guys like Sam Adams who is one of quickest HUGE men in the game playing for 2-3 plays, going out and coming back fresh to wreak havoc once again. I might be all wet on this but I think the team has done a very good job in addressing the parts we were missing last year and reloading. The result is sometimes making a relatively new offensive lineup look bad. I think we are going to be all right once we heal up and the offensive lineup is set and plays together for a while.

It always been interesting to me that we can call a kid that tips the scale at around 300 lbs is small, but its relative. The guys he will go up against on a regular basis will out weigh anywhere from 20 lbs and up.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          hey thanks

is that fire a ragin inside chris now? from all i have heard he is doing well, and are testing him out mentally. is he just going to explode? i think he will. and you may not know this, but has chris said anything about how much time they will get in the first couple preseason games?
          I think he is inspired. I'm not sure how they will dole out pt, but I think this will be a great opportunity to prove his mental toughness. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
            It always been interesting to me that we can call a kid that tips the scale at around 300 lbs is small, but its relative. The guys he will go up against on a regular basis will out weigh anywhere from 20 lbs and up.
            You are absolutely right. Sam Adams makes everyone look small. He is a huge strong man. I think he will be the disruptive force that was lacking last year.

Comment

300lb's is bigger than 283lb's!

I'm just sayin....

Comment

Working...
              X