Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok Trotter signs/ what do we do with DJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoustonianBroncoFan
    replied
    i really hope he doesnt sign i like are D as it is!

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Trotter is not the player he once was plain and simple. As mentioned in other threads, opponents would audible into a pass play if they saw him on the field, he's really that bad in coverage. Signing him would be like our signings of Marco Coleman, Raylee Johnson and Ellis Johnson.... Band-Aids with big names but really does little to help the franchise.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak View Post
    If Trotter's so good at stopping the run, then how come their D this year is doing WAY better at stopping it, than they did last year...with him playing?

He's got ZERO pass coverage skills....

He's got NO lateral movement left....

...but he's a swell guy in the locker room.

Let's cross our fingers and hope he goes to the Chefs.....
    At one time he was very good, however that doesn't appear to be the case now.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    If Trotter's so good at stopping the run, then how come their D this year is doing WAY better at stopping it, than they did last year...with him playing?

He's got ZERO pass coverage skills....

He's got NO lateral movement left....

...but he's a swell guy in the locker room.

Let's cross our fingers and hope he goes to the Chefs.....

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Apparently the Broncos are no longer interested in him.
    Thank Goodness

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Apparently the Broncos are no longer interested in him.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    All the more reason not to sign him
    Not that it's my choice but I wouldn't feel comfortable with signing him.

Leave a comment:

• NuggetFan
    replied
    I think we do nothing with DJ and Trot becomes the SLB.

Not that it matters as he probably won't be signed here.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    According to some other posts I've read in other places that seems to be what Denver is looking to do. However, if the guy has arthritic knees how effective could he be even a back up?
    I like to see how much range of motion Trotter has in those knees.Trotter could be an upgrade compared to all the sub par back up LBs we have.I dont trust any of those backups.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker
    replied
    However, if the guy has arthritic knees how effective could he be even a back up?
    All the more reason not to sign him

Leave a comment:

• GoBroncos84
    replied
    We do have a hole at the MLB position, but it isn't with the starter. Webster being our starting SAM now leaves a vacancy for DJ's backup. Trotter could fill that role if signed.

He would not start over DJ

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
    Wasn't there an article just a day or two about us not being interested in Trotter. I think the rumors about our interest in him have been confirmed to be untrue from everything I've read on the issue.
    The one I saw yesterday said that us and one other team are still interested in him but only as a backup. I think it said that he most likely won't sign anywhere if he can't get a starting job though.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    Keep him at MLB and have Trotter as his backup
    According to some other posts I've read in other places that seems to be what Denver is looking to do. However, if the guy has arthritic knees how effective could he be even a back up?

Leave a comment:

• Astrass
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
    Ok say we do sign Trotter, what then do we do with DJ Williams? Its obivious that he didnt care to play sam LB but out of good sportsmanship he made the move and didnt complain one bit.
    Its not his original position, just the simple fact that he had his best season as a rookie on the weak side says it all.

And if we're gonna move him again, why not move him back where he belongs and thrived so much.
    Im not hating on Ian Gold but as of the past two seasons he has been way under achieving especially with Williams on the roster because we all know he would accumilate alot more tackles than Gold.
    We are wasting his talent, I mean you wouldnt agree with benching Cutler in favor of bring Brian Griese back!

In almost every game ive seen in the past two years, I always see Gold missing tackles more that his counter parts.
    If anything I say we tsign trotter (if possible) trade Gold now while we can still get something for him (coughgregwesleycough) and move DJ back to the WSLB position.

I feel oyu on this post. I loved DJ his rookie year. I think we should have left him in his natural spot. On the other side I think Gold is good enough to start where he is at. So given that I feel DJ should get his chance to man the middle as that is the anchor of that core. I believe in DJ as doe the coaching staff it seems. If DJ didn't show us how much talent he had his rookie year I'd be more worried. But he showed what he is capable of so I think he's earned a shot to shine.

Leave a comment:

• ChampWJ
    replied
    Wasn't there an article just a day or two about us not being interested in Trotter. I think the rumors about our interest in him have been confirmed to be untrue from everything I've read on the issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X