• Show
Clear All

• This is a sad loss dam

Comment

• Sorry to hear about this guys.

RIP DW

Comment

• Tragedy

I'm a lifelong Broncos fan (ever since my father was stationed at NORAD in the early 1970s when I was a kid). I now live in Washington, DC, but still live and die by the Broncos.

Watching the games remotely is tough, when everyone here is Redskins crazy. I got to see most of that game yesterday and found myself not so upset--mostly because I knew that the Broncos really weren't strong enough this year to do anything in the playoffs even if they made it. But, it still left me with that kind of sick, empty feeling you get when this happens.

NOTHING, though, anywhere near what I felt this morning when I logged on CNN.com (my default home page) and saw a link that said "Broncos Player Killed in Drive-By Shooting." I sat there for several minutes, afraid to open it, with the possibilities running through my head. I rationalized that if it was a "big" player, the headline would have included a name.

When I finally opened it, it hit me like a ton of bricks. The death of ANY Bronco--no, any PERSON--would be tough. But, there was something about reading that it was Darrent Williams, a young guy just making his way in not only the NFL, but life itself, that was devastating.

I don't have anyone here to grieve with me. Not that they aren't sympathetic, but they are Redskins fans and will forget about it a minute later.

And, I was struck by the need to find whatever official message boards there were for the Broncos, and register, and post how sorry I am. Especially for those of you lucky enough to live in Broncos country and read about them every day in your local paper, and know about these players more intimately than I can living so far away.

As bad as I feel right now, I know it is much worse for you. My thoughts go out to you as well as to Darrent's friends, family, and teammates. This is indeed a sad, sad day and gave me a reality check. Tough loss to the 49ers, but in the big scheme of things, it is this death that is infinitely more tragic.

I have a dozen Broncos jerseys; today, I will get online and buy a new one. #27. Wiliams.

RIP.

K

Comment

• Originally posted by lord_helmet
          I just hope the shooter is quickly brought to justice, and that his future cellmate is a 300 pound Bronco fan.
          Todd Devoe is planning on being a cop as a career, or would like to be one day.

Come on Todd, go get that ****er!
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by bd18packer
            Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was a promising, personable, caring football player. He was loved by his family, Broncos fans and his Denver teammates, and should have enjoyed a long life, and well deserved praise in his football career. He was cut down in the prime of his life in a senseless shooting, in which he was an innocent victim. All of us here in the Denver area are shocked and dismayed that such a wonderful person should be taken from us so soon. I am at a loss for words to describe my grief, as I am sure many others are. My condolences to his family, friends, the Denver Broncos organization & Broncos fans everywhere. God Bless You, Darrent, and keep you close. We will miss you.
            I just heard. my god thats awful. from all KC chiefs fans we extend our condolences to his family.

Comment

• I just read the tragic news about Darrent Williams, and wanted to come over and express my condolences to the Broncos organization, his family, and the Broncos fans.

We're division rivals, but when things like this happen, it's time to drop the rivalry and lend support to one another.

I'm a moderator on the Chargers message boards, and we've had some really great Broncos fans on our boards this year. The rivalry was heated, but we had some good Broncos fans show up and support your team. We appreciate that.

Stay strong, Broncos fans. I hope that the perpetrator is rapidly brought to justice.

We'll keep a good thought for your team, Darrent's friends and family, and his fans.

Darrent seemed like a great guy, and was an excellent player. We'll miss seeing him in your line-up.

Respectfully,

ChargerTom

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanDC
                I'm a lifelong Broncos fan (ever since my father was stationed at NORAD in the early 1970s when I was a kid). I now live in Washington, DC, but still live and die by the Broncos.

Watching the games remotely is tough, when everyone here is Redskins crazy. I got to see most of that game yesterday and found myself not so upset--mostly because I knew that the Broncos really weren't strong enough this year to do anything in the playoffs even if they made it. But, it still left me with that kind of sick, empty feeling you get when this happens.

NOTHING, though, anywhere near what I felt this morning when I logged on CNN.com (my default home page) and saw a link that said "Broncos Player Killed in Drive-By Shooting." I sat there for several minutes, afraid to open it, with the possibilities running through my head. I rationalized that if it was a "big" player, the headline would have included a name.

When I finally opened it, it hit me like a ton of bricks. The death of ANY Bronco--no, any PERSON--would be tough. But, there was something about reading that it was Darrent Williams, a young guy just making his way in not only the NFL, but life itself, that was devastating.

I don't have anyone here to grieve with me. Not that they aren't sympathetic, but they are Redskins fans and will forget about it a minute later.

And, I was struck by the need to find whatever official message boards there were for the Broncos, and register, and post how sorry I am. Especially for those of you lucky enough to live in Broncos country and read about them every day in your local paper, and know about these players more intimately than I can living so far away.

As bad as I feel right now, I know it is much worse for you. My thoughts go out to you as well as to Darrent's friends, family, and teammates. This is indeed a sad, sad day and gave me a reality check. Tough loss to the 49ers, but in the big scheme of things, it is this death that is infinitely more tragic.

I have a dozen Broncos jerseys; today, I will get online and buy a new one. #27. Wiliams.

RIP.

K

Being an overseas fan (Wales, U.K) I can empathise with your post.

Great post, I just wish your first post here would have been made in happier circumstances.

Comment

• Godbless Darrent, his family, and the entire Bronco family. This is trully a sad, sad day in Bronco Country.

Comment

• Hey guys I just heard about your CB Williams and would like to send my love from Pittsburgh. I'm not a Denver fan but without a doubt it is such a horrible thing that has happened. Football aside, from a Steelers fan I'm truly praying for his team mates, his family, and the fans. I hope the police can find out who did this so that there will be closure for all of you. God Bless.

Brandy
                    http://www.myspace.com/brandyrac

Comment

• FURRY AND ANGER AND SADNESS!

How can people be so cruel!!!!!!!!!

I have never had a family death, but as a Bronco fan this is my second family. I feel this. And it isn't a very good feeling. I'd cry but my parents are home and they'd think it was stupid. My brother would too.

MMA News
                      MMA News 247

Comment

• R.I.P. Darrent Williams

I can't believe this! He was such a good player. He will be missed.
                        R.I.P Darrent Williams #27
                        You will always be a Denver Bronco

Comment

• RIP D-Will

After taking a huge loss I said to myself Im not watching any football highlights until next week. I got up and turned the tv on and was totally devastated. Our guy D-Will taken from this earth by some low life. I send my prayers to his family and friends.

He's gone but never forgotten in my heart.

to you #27 till I see you again.
                          QB with Cannon Arm- check
                          RB that runs like a Tank- check
                          Top Flight WR's- check
                          Heat Seeking DL- check
                          Peircing LB Corp- check
                          No fly zone Secondary- check

Comment

• To all those who've ever said bad things about Darrent

I've noticed that some people are apologizing for all the bad things they've ever said about Darrent- No need to apologize for those things- It shows that in the grand scheme of things we all value human life.
                            It's easy to forget that these athletes are ordinary people with families who really love them, until something tragic happens.
                            I hope the family finds comfort in the fact that people do care and that it's not just because he was a professional athlete but because he was a man who died so young and in such a senseless way.

Darrent Williams- Forever Young.................
                            Last edited by GinaGirl; 01-01-2007, 06:45 AM. Reason: Title error

Comment

• Great thread

Comment

• Sad day in Bronco Country-Death

sad day indeed, this just shows how meaningless a football game can really be. D.W. definetly gave it his all on the field no matter what. IT'S JUST A SAD SAD DAY ALL THE WAY AROUND...R.I.P. DARRENT

Comment

Working...
                                X