Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying My Respects, and a Mea Culpa

To Darrent Williams:

Thank you for everything, Darrent. Thanks for taking it all in stride.

You played opposite the best CB in the league, and teams tried to pick on you a lot. Sometimes it didn't go your way, but you were always right back in there giving it your best.

I was really hard on you this season. I criticized your play a lot. Please understand that it was just frustrating for me to see you, with the talent and athletic ability to be a Pro Bowl Corner, occasionally make mental mistakes that gave big gains to the other team. But I know that you were only a second year player in the NFL; and I should have been more understanding. My criticism, though, all came from respect and the fact that I had really high expectations of you; I knew that you were capable of greatness and I expected it from you all the time.

Please accept my apologies for the nasty things I've said about you in moments of frustration. Thank you for playing your heart out for this team and thanks for the memories. Your absence hurts us fans more than you know.

Here's to hoping you are now in a better place. Here's to you, D-Will.

And, from this fan, the highest honor I know how to bestow: The Triple Mile-High Salute.

Rest In Peace.
Working...
X