Horrible past two days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible past two days.

Started off yesterday spraining my ankle in soccer and finished the game with a goal and two assists. We lost 4-7.

Then Broncos lost 26-23.

None of that mattered. None of it came close to this morning.

I wake up. In my head I say "I wonder if people are still being negative on the boards."

I don't log on yet, instead I check ESPN. Commercials. Then I go up one channel to ESPN2.... that's when I saw it. I look at the bottom right corner. "Breaking News: Darrent Williams Broncos CB Shot, Killed" Heart skips a beat. Try to keep my composer and not begin to tear. I hobble down stairs ignoring the pain in my ankle. Tell my brother about it. He is now in shock. He switches to ESPN2. Goes upstairs to get dressed. Shuts the door. I open it and he is laying down on the bed crying.

I take my shower and then my eyes get teary. We go out to eat for breakfast and me and my brother are very down and we speak of splitting the cost in half for a Darrent Williams jersey. We will buy it and get overnight shipping.

It is so sad. Since I am Muslim I pray 5 times a day and this morning I dedicated my prayer to Darrent Williams and his family.

This is devastating.

Then I listen to Tatum Bell's interview and it was so sad. Now I am listening to 850 KOA online.

Very emotional.

R.I.P. DARRENT WILLIAMS
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Champbronc2 - you have a very kind heart.
    We've come for your Quarterback!!!

Everything's better a mile high.

Comment

Very very emotional. i definetly want to buy a jersey also. Imagine what his family and our team are gowing through right now.

Comment

Originally posted by milehigh_girl
        Champbronc2 - you have a very kind heart.
        Thank you. I wonder how Williams family is coping with this.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

Probably not well. It is always difficult to loose a loved one but when it is unexpected at such a young age, it is even tougher. I have lost 2 sisters in sudden accidents and it is very hard to deal with. My mother said through tears after the second one died that no mother should have to bury her children. I truly feel for his mother. At only 24 he had so much of his life left.

Comment

Yes it's been a very sad day indeed.

The one thing I guess we should all take from this is to make the most of every minute and take every opportunity that comes your way, to value our friends and family and do our utmost for them, because it can all change in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by milehigh_girl
              Probably not well. It is always difficult to loose a loved one but when it is unexpected at such a young age, it is even tougher. I have lost 2 sisters in sudden accidents and it is very hard to deal with. My mother said through tears after the second one died that no mother should have to bury her children. I truly feel for his mother. At only 24 he had so much of his life left.
              I am sorry to hear that.
              MMA News
              MMA News 247

Comment

Thank you. Again, you have a very kind heart.

Comment

Working...
                X