B

Comment

• Originally posted by Babe
      oh man alive

am I glad Finland made it....
      thank you for touching base.....

did you have trouble getting online???

B
      No i didn´t have trouble actually. It might seem stupid that guy in Finland cares about Broncos,but i just wanted Darrent and everyone else in Bronco familyknow that even here in europe,some people care. My condolences.

Comment

• Not strange at all

are you kidding me

i was waiting for Finland, Sweden and Norway to check in.
        Actually, just to know you could get online here. <hearty laughs>>>>>
        Do you know how much bandwidth we are going through !!!

The England Guys have been here.....
        Love those England Guys........

Germany too......

We need Bahrain to check it.....

Greetings and Salutations !!!!!

B

Comment

• Mile High Salute to Darrent Williams

Darrent Williams was someone special. I remember last year the play he made against the Raiders. I don't remember whether it was off of an interception or punt return, I think it was an interception, but it was a big play that helped the Broncos gain the momentum they needed in that game. That's when I first noticed Williams. I also remember when he was injured. My Dad was talking how he was such a great player so every week I would check the injuries on the Broncos to see if he was able to play. I remember checking every week, because I thought the Broncos would have trouble winning in the play offs without Darrent Williams. I remember that when the Broncos got the second seed I was glad because it would give him another week to recover. When he was finally able to play against the patriots I was ecstatic. I always thought that Williams and Foxworth were good cornerbacks, but Darrent Williams really shined.

I remember this year being disappointed in Williams after the game against the Colts, and I confess that after that I took the work that he did for granted with all that Champ Bailey and Al Wilson had done this season. I always compared him to Champ Bailey and set standards that were too high. I know that he have become the next Champ Bailey if he had been able to play more. His coaches said that he reminded them of a young Champ Bailey. With 4 interceptions last season that was truly amazing for a player in for only 2 years. I missed the Broncos-Chargers game and so I missed his huge interception and touchdown. I remember reading about it and thinking that's defiantly Darrent Williams, but I confess that I still took that for granted. I never knew it was Darrent Williams that returned the fumble against the Steelers as well. He has really made major contributions to the Broncos on special teams and defense, but too often I failed to appreciate them.

I think that his greatest moment was against the Bengels on Christmas Eve. He Intercepted Carson Palmer in the endzone. I thought that Champ Bailey had made the interception, but no it was number 27. He also made it in the second play of the game and I think it really saved the game for the Broncos.

However my greatest memory of Darrent Williams was against the Raiders in 2005. I remember the postgame show and he said that when he caught the ball he remembered that he was one of the fastest players on the team and so he outran the Raiders to score a touchdown. The Raiders had ran a punt return in for a touchdown a few plays earlier and that really put the momentum on their side and it looked like they would win the game like they had done the last time they played the Broncos in 2004, but William's big play put the spark back in the Broncos and was just what they needed to win.

I think that we forget that the players on the field lead lives outside of football. To me Darrent Williams was a Cornerback and number 27, but I didn’t know he was also a husband and a father. He was an emotional core to his team and a great friend to many.

It's a sad feeling to see him go. He was so young full of talent and potential. So many athletes can be jerks, but I remember him being a nice guy and full spirit. It was a heartbreaking feeling to see the athlete I had watched for two years pass away. To many including me it feels almost as if a member of our own family had passed away.

Rest in Peace Darrent Williams

Comment

• Symapthy from Ohio

[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange]My prayers go out to the family, friends, and fans of Darrent Williams, as well as all Broncos teammates and coaches and anybody at Oklahoma State or in Fort Worth who knew him well. I especially feel bad for Javon Walker because he was there and saw it happen. It reminded me of when my cat died and I felt so helpless, wishing I could save her life but knowing I could not. One day I almost cried because I was thinking about how Darrent's life ended, unable to get that crap out of my head. This loss will be remembered for a long time, so I want everyone to have better memories of #27.

God bless everyone who was, is, and will be affected by the loss of a good man named Darrent Williams and those whose own lives were touched by what he did in his 24 years. Peace be with them as they struggle to cope with this tragedy no person on Earth deserves to suffer. To the Denver police, let justice be served.

Comment

• A Loss for Everyone

When I heard the news on the rdaio about Darrent early New Years morning I had to get out of bed and turn on the TV to see if it was just a bad dream or a horrible truth. I couldn't believe I had just watched him play the night before. I was depressed when I went to bed because we lost but this put everything in perspective. What a senseless loss of life. The thing that struck me most was that even though I didn't know him personally and I had never met him I felt a strong sense of loss and grief as if I had lost a friend. I felt the entire city just go into shock over this as I did. Condolences to the family, Broncos organization and the fans. I am still waiting for the shock to wear off. I really hope we catch who did this but Darrent will still be gone. The first game I saw him play corner I knew he was something special. I will miss watching him play. He will be missed.

Comment

• Thank You #27

Darrent Williams was a tribute to his family, team and community, by being a role model by an athlete in Professional Football.

He will be missed and remembered for being a classy person on and off the field.

I am proud to be a fan and supporter of Denver Broncos, and esp. proud of the way they handled themselves this past week and at his services. Their respect and love for their team member was very obvious. The BIG guys cried too.

My sympathies to Darrent's mother, children and other loved ones. May you always hold in your heart your memories.

Rest In Peace with GOD, Darrent Williams #27. I will miss you and remember you always.

Thanks for the memories

Comment

• Originally posted by SteventheThorn
                  Just in case it doesn't get posted on the site...I thought I'd just post it here.

All I could do was gasp out a sob and stare at the screen on espn.com when I saw that Darrent Williams was dead.
                  I can't believe it.
                  Last night was a trial of getting over a loss - in a game - that sent the Broncos out of the playoffs.
                  But with a loss there's next year.
                  Now I keep on thinking of #27...and there isn't a next year.
                  I feel like I knew him, just because of how much I love the Broncos, and how involved I am in following them all year-round.
                  Darrent Williams was first and foremost a person...and he was a Bronco.
                  Being a Bronco makes him part of a brotherhood.
                  A family.
                  A worldwide family.
                  I'm a part of that family.
                  And because of that, I mourn the loss, and I feel it as personal as any death in my own family.
                  My prayers, and the prayers and thoughts of countless others reach out to Darrent's family and friends.
                  We just want to let you know that we love y'all.
                  That's all I can say.
                  From the heart, we love y'all.
                  One last Mile High salute, Darrent Williams.

I wonder if the funeral is going to be here in Fort Worth. If it is I'd like to go...although wherever it is my prayers go with the family.
                  I know exactly what you mean. I was already looking ahead for next year for #27 as soon as the news broke of his murder. I was awake in deep depression over how we lost that final game and wanted to retrospect on watching all the Bronco games i recorded on my DVR (digital video recorder) like a TIVO. And i was just heading for bed and i saw it online, but heading was "Bronco Slain in Denver" immediately i was thinking please let it be the horse and not player. But in all fact it was a player, and a rising star. Now all i can think is only to play as Darrent on Madden.
                  We love you Darrent! We thank you for the wonderful memories!

Bronco Fan for life
                  Rezy

Comment

• My best memory of D. Will was that interception against the Raiders in Oakland his rookie season.

Shanahan touched on it once today during his speech and it brought back a great memory of a time when it looked like the game was turning in the Raiders favor, D Will made a play on a Kerry Collins pass and took it down the Raiders sidelines for 80 yards and a TD.

Shanahan said he was probably winking at the Raiders as he was on his way to a TD.

Comment

• Goodbye Darrent

Comment

• This is my 27th post so I thought it should be in here. There is too many great memories of D-Will to recount just one. I was so looking forward to many more great memories of him. He was taken much too soon. His body is gone but his spirit is still with us. Now and always. Goodbye, D-Will. You will truly be missed both on and off the field.

Comment

• Just want to share with those that haven't seen parts for the funeral or candle vigil in Denver.

http://cbs4denver.com/video
                          Emancipate your mind!
                          The People's Poster

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofinatic
                            When I heard the news on the rdaio about Darrent early New Years morning I had to get out of bed and turn on the TV to see if it was just a bad dream or a horrible truth. I couldn't believe I had just watched him play the night before. I was depressed when I went to bed because we lost but this put everything in perspective. What a senseless loss of life. The thing that struck me most was that even though I didn't know him personally and I had never met him I felt a strong sense of loss and grief as if I had lost a friend. I felt the entire city just go into shock over this as I did. Condolences to the family, Broncos organization and the fans. I am still waiting for the shock to wear off. I really hope we catch who did this but Darrent will still be gone. The first game I saw him play corner I knew he was something special. I will miss watching him play. He will be missed.

Probably one of the best posts i have seen, I could'nt feel more the same.

Comment

• Will miss you so much Darrent

Everyone who has looked at this, now it's time to step up for the Bronco family and the Williams family. Donate what you can, I am sure the Williams family will be greatful small or large. Darrent was my hero, he was such a great player and an upstanding guy in society.Eventually he would become Champ Baily, that shut down corner, he was well on his way. What a terrific man we were blessed with in Denver. He brought smiles to his teamates, to his coaches, and even Pat Bowlen! Prey for the Williams family, show your love by contributing. I call upon Al Wilson, our defensive leader, to make sure his kids are takin care of. Al if you could, look after them, and Mike Shanahan, you too, please look after his children, please! Bleed Orange and Blue forever, Darrent you are in another place now, a beautiful place called Heaven. We as Bronco fans, and as a family, will look after your kids. Rest in Peace.
                              Chris

Comment

• Respect Awe and appreciation

My heart is broken, but its been uplifted after having seen how utterly classy The Denver Bronco organization, from owner to every player and every person involved have been during this whole ordeal. Ive been a fan for life, and now I know why, Thank you Denver Broncos, Thank you Mrs Williams for sharing your sons life and celebration of it, You are the ultimate loving mother, and Dee will be missed and loved for eternity.
                                In tears but with a new found love and respect.
                                George O'Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X