Everything in perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything in perspective

It was less than 24 hours ago that I felt like I had lost my life. The Broncos had let their playoff hope slip through their fingers. Somehow though I knew that I had to be mature about it.

I think that this puts everything into perspective. Football remains a game. A man lost his life and the circumstances under which he did does not even matter. For two years he was a part of our lives and now on this the first day of the new year he has ceased to exist.

There is this new motto that I have adopted. "When in doubt, don't go out."

Cherish your lives whilst you have i. Remember that there are few things that should be cherished whilst you have it and football is just entertainment. Protect this precious commodity.

Darrent for all the harsh words I had for you I want you to know that though at the time I maeant them and said them in anger. I never meant any malice against you. You gave your all and played with a smile on your face. RIP man.

And in your memory I WILL NEVER AGAIN BASH A BRONCO. Cause we just don;'t know.

Till we get to you....Never 4get you.
    Aija
    Love
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Originally posted by Aija
    I think that this puts everything into perspective. Football remains a game. A man lost his life and the circumstances under which he did does not even matter. For two years he was a part of our lives and now on this the first day of the new year he has ceased to exist.
    This is well said. More often than not we, the fans, tend to internalize player performance. As bad as I felt driving home after the game yesterday it was nothing compared to the pain I felt driving to work this morning.

Football is a game...Life is for real.

Miss you Darrent.
    As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

It's funny

Talking about perspective, the last time I felt this bad about something Broncos related was on 09-09-01 when Ed Mccaffrey broke his leg during a Sunday game. Two days later, on Tuesday morning, some perspective was gained.

Comment

Working...
      X