I’m sad, disgusted, and upset. Ya, I cried, I cried a lot. It almost felt like losing a family member. I mean last-night, the only thing that I could think about was why we weren’t in the playoffs, but right now, I could care less, the playoffs aren’t relevant. I’m just a fan, so I obviously didn’t know Darrent personally, but as a fan, I appreciated Darrent and everything he did for this team.
Darrent was an up and coming star, I know he was. On the field he played with pride and passion, and I’m sure that’s how he was off the field as well. I’m angry to see such a wonderful person leave this world unexpectedly. What Darrent did for the Broncos in his short time will never be forgotten. I know I will miss him greatly and it’s going to take a lot of time for the pain to heal.
I don’t know what else to say, except for God bless his family, friends, and loved ones. Darrent is in a better place now, and I know he will be watching down on us. Cedric Smith, Denver’s conditioning and strength coach said it best, "It's a tragedy, a complete tragedy. It's sickening."