Javon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javon

What happens to Javon if the reports of DW dying in his arms are true - does he get over something like that? If other players on our team were in the limo - do they?

This could be much more far reaching than just losing Darrent (and plese dont think im trying to minimize DW's death

I think that both guys (Marshall and Walker) are strong enough that this just makes them even stronger in his memory.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
    ALL READY

Comment

Originally posted by orangeblossom94
      I think that both guys (Marshall and Walker) are strong enough that this just makes them even stronger in his memory.
      It's next to impossible to say how something like this affects anyone.

That's what we hope for, but I wouldn't begrudge the guy for giving up entirely either. (not that it's likely)
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Well, there are 2 situations possible, IMO. Either Javon is inpired to play well in honer of Darrent or he breaks down emotionally and is never the same again...
        sigpic

Comment

They will have a lot of anger over this. It's a good thing they have a long offseason to get to grips with what they have been through. These guys are going to need a lot of support and they will be in my prayers.

Comment

Adam Scheffter reported earlier on 850koa confirming that Darrent did in fact die in Javon Walkers arms. Scheffter is usually right when it comes to Broncos info. If it is true, for Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall, It's going to take time and a strong will to get over seeing that. I hope they can for their sake. It's no easy task. Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
            sigpic

Comment

They just showed footage on Channel 7 of Javon walking into team headquarters today with what appeared to be blood on his jeans... It seemed bizarre to me why he would still be in those pants at team HQ, but I saw the video with my own eyes, and it looks like blood all along the back of his jeans.

Wild stuff, I can only imagine the feeling of getting shot at in a limo and having your friend get hit and killed instantly... Mind boggling.

Comment

The most important thing they need is time to think, time to reflect.

The offseason will give them that time and we will see how they respond when they come back for camp next season.
                sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

hopefully javon has good people around him to help him through this time, and hopefully he will be able to be helped through it with counseling if he needs it. I think he's going to have alot of support in this , same with whoever was in the limo, hopefully
                  sigpic

Comment

Well my thoughts and prayers are with him - So many men have gone through wars and had their best friends die in thier arms - I know men are different and stronger than most of us girls in situations like this - I just want Javon to know he has MY support and I hope the support of everyone else out there as well

Comment

hes got the offseason to overcome such a loss and nightmare. im sure he'll toughen up and get himself together and play at same if not better level because many of us know Darrent would've wanted everyone to play hard and win for the Broncos

Comment

It's going to take both Walker and Marshall a while to get past this. I imagine right now they're shocked and grieving. I imagine for a while they will deal with survivor's guilt. Ultimately, they'll deal with it in their own ways.
                        RIP #27 Darrent Williams

^Thanks to Paul26Stastny from Avs messageboards for the use of this one

I don't suffer from insanity, I quite enjoy it actually.

"I am so smart! S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T!"

Comment

i hope javon is ok hes a good player and should recover this is a little like last years preseason where Thomas Herrion collapsed in the locker room after the game right in the middle of prayer and died......I didnt think my niners would be able to get a grasp on their play but they did......Just like TH dying in the lockerroom it got just as little media attention as DW which is sad

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                            They just showed footage on Channel 7 of Javon walking into team headquarters today with what appeared to be blood on his jeans... It seemed bizarre to me why he would still be in those pants at team HQ, but I saw the video with my own eyes, and it looks like blood all along the back of his jeans.

Wild stuff, I can only imagine the feeling of getting shot at in a limo and having your friend get hit and killed instantly... Mind boggling.
                            I think that when something like that happens, time seems to stand still and what you're wearing becomes secondary to what's going on. It's just a thought, but I'm sure that Javon was so traumatized by what happened that what he was wearing (or what was on what he was wearing) was insignificant in the big picture.
                            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Working...
                            X