The Legacy of DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legacy of DW

DW was one of my favorite players to ever put on a Broncos uniform. He was one of the smallest players, but his heart was one of the biggest. He played in a league where his hight was tested by future Half of Famers. DW rose to the challenge every week, though hampered by various injuries. It's not easy playing opposite of Champ Bailey, perhaps the greatest player ever to play the position. But DW did it, and he did it well. While I'm sure he quietly gnashed his teeth at scoffers and non-believers, he let his talent and work eithic do the talking. He never let a loss get him down...nor the media...nor the occasional "boos" from those whom cheer only when the "weather" is fair.

Let today, January 1st, 2007 not be a day of mourning, tears or anger, but a day of rememberance and reflection. The legacy of Darrent Williams lives on in the hearts and minds of everyone who knew his name.

I am only one Bronco fan, but I know I am not alone when I celebrate the life of Darrent Williams. More than the Orange and Blue Clad fans of Bronconation join with us in the celebration of his life. DW was not just a Bronco, nor just an OSU Cowboy; he was a hero and a positive to influence to many and for that, he will be missed. My condolences as well as my prayers, go out to his family and friends.

PS--Broncos forever!

Nice post and I totally agree he had one of the biggest hearts ever.
    Thank You Darrent RIP

Comment

Working...
    X