What Invesco Field is like tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Invesco Field is like tonight...

I stopped by Invesco Field tonight. It was quite a beautiful scene. There is a full moon tonight. The bronze horse statues that lead up the the main entrance are surrounded by rising steam from the cold air and the waterfall. There is a lovely memoriam at the base of the waterfall - candles, broncos jerseys, hats, notes, cards, momemtos. It was somehow helpful to go see this place - so many happy moments here and now this. Sadness.

I also drove by the area where he was shot at 11th in Speer. The limo is gone now, but there is still some minor broken glass on the street. Across the way there is also another candlelight memorial by fans. It's a cold, snowbound city corner - a very cold and dark place to die. At least Darrent was surrounded by friends and teammates when he passed...and I hope Javon held him tight.

My prayers to all in Bronco land and the Williams family tonight.

PS: I hope there is an organized memorial all Bronco fans can attend very soon...we need to grieve together.
    sigpic

#TEBOWDOMINATES...Love Orange and Blue Gators and Broncos!

Jake Plummer will always be my #1 Quarterback!!!!!

I bet it is beautiful good to hear that fans brought stuff to the stadium rest in peace Darrent . thanks for sharing
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams(1982-2007) you will be missed

I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road. qouted by Darrent Williams

Comment

Such a sad way to ring in the New Year. All we can do is hope his Family and Children are doing okay.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
        Such a sad way to ring in the New Year. All we can do is hope his Family and Children are doing okay.

PEACE!!!
        That is for sure it's gonna suck for those kids now especially when they find out what happened.
        Thank You Darrent RIP

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGirl
          I stopped by Invesco Field tonight. It was quite a beautiful scene. There is a full moon tonight. The bronze horse statues that lead up the the main entrance are surrounded by rising steam from the cold air and the waterfall. There is a lovely memoriam at the base of the waterfall - candles, broncos jerseys, hats, notes, cards, momemtos. It was somehow helpful to go see this place - so many happy moments here and now this. Sadness.

I also drove by the area where he was shot at 11th in Speer. The limo is gone now, but there is still some minor broken glass on the street. Across the way there is also another candlelight memorial by fans. It's a cold, snowbound city corner - a very cold and dark place to die. At least Darrent was surrounded by friends and teammates when he passed...and I hope Javon held him tight.

PS: I hope there is an organized memorial all Bronco fans can attend very soon...we need to grieve together.

Thank you for letting those of us who are not near know what it is like. I would imagine the hearts of the fans creating a monument for Darrent.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much for the info.

Living in Arizona after being there in CO, I feel so out of place, and little things lile this make it abit easier to feel in touch

Comment

i still can't believe this actully happened, this tragic murder hurt me really bad, to a point where i was in tears...when is this going to stop
              Last edited by JWinn; 01-01-2007, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Your post made me cry like a baby, but it was probably the most well thought out of this whole ordeal. I'm glad that people are commemorating him.

I don't know what to say.

Thank you.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

great post. glad 2 see fans made them candlelight memorials for him =(

Comment

Wow, so many memories at Invesco, and now it feels like none of it will ever feel the same ever again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing JakeGirl. That is so sad.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing what its like over there in denver espically for us bronco fans that dont live around there. I myself live in Cincinnati but i wish i was in denver so i could put something out for Darrent.
                        sigpic

Comment

If only I lived in Denver...

Thanks for the mental picture. It just feels like something is missing...another game or a televised gathering, i'd like to see how all of the fans and Broncos players are dealing with this. But again, thanks for the info, you should take a picture and sport it as a signature.

Comment

Working...
                          X