Darrent William's Quotes & Interview excerpts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrent William's Quotes & Interview excerpts

I was just looking for some quotes by him or anyone else about him and I realized it might be nice for everyone to help out and get some good quotes here in memory of him.

Anybody have anything?

"There's nothing you can do to take it back," Williams said. " It's time to move on. I'm going to make my prescense felt every other game."

Priceless quote after the Indy game. Just shows how nothing gets to him and that he always wanted to achieve better.

Comment

from the Posts Interview he did with Klis

Williams: I went to church one day and the preacher said something about praying every night. He said: "I know a lot of you go home and get drunk or whatever. But even if you don't have a simple life, try every day to pray to the Lord. Get a relationship with Him." And I started doing that. I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road.

Klis: Sounds like a song. Or good public-speaking material. Do you speak to kids, share your experiences?

Williams: I do that a lot here. What I want to do this offseason is go back home and talk to kids. It's hard back there because of all the violence, drugs. It's right there in your face. When I was growing up, there'd be people doing drugs right there in front of us kids. I just want to tell them they don't have to be like that. Believe in yourself.

Klis: You couldn't have been all bad in your teenage years. You started for a pretty good high school football team as a freshman. In basketball, you start varsity as a freshman point guard. You were a big-time sprinter in track. Sports must have helped save you, too.

Williams: Yeah, because coaches always stayed on me. When I was in high school, skipping classes and stuff, coaches would get in their cars and ride around trying to find me. They finally got across to me that I needed to buckle down. Coach Criss and Coach Williams, they talked to me like I was their son. I remember one day my senior year, they said: "Look over here. Those guys are doing the same thing they did in high school. Is that what you want to do, or do you want to be somebody different?" That hit me.
      Klis: You turned out to be a smart guy. The media likes to interview you because you always give smart, honest answers. Let's say football didn't work out. What would you have done?

Williams: I think I would have been in an office somewhere, an office manager. I've got my own entertainment company now, a record label. Ryno Entertainment. We've got a CD about to come out in the next couple of weeks. It's got some local artists from back home. We've got rap and we've got a little R&B.

Klis: What do you like to do away from Dove Valley?

Williams: Bowling. I like the movies. I like Dave & Buster's. I go to Dave & Buster's a lot. Shoot some hoop, play games, relax.

Klis: I know you didn't make a ton of money when you signed, but did you help out Mom?

Williams: I bought her a house. A house and a car. It was an old-school car, but she's got a nice house. Housing's a little more affordable in Fort Worth. I think her house is nicer than mine.
      Klis: You got another special lady besides Mom?

Williams: No, I'm single and looking. I have two kids. A son, Darius. He's 7. And a daughter, Jaelyn. She's 4. They live with their mom in Texas. I have a good relationship with their mom. We're not together by any means, but we don't give each other a headache like I hear some of my teammates talk about. I feel like I've got a better deal than a lot of people.
      Last edited by Elway; 01-01-2007, 09:31 PM.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Good quote. Here are a few i got from nfl.com about his death. http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9902167

He was the greatest player I have coached in my 20 years. He wanted to prove to the world that he could play. ... He wanted to prove himself, and that's the way he approached every game. It was what made him a great player." -- Oklahoma State secondary and special teams coach Joe DeForest.

"He's a great kid, did a great job for us. I talked to a couple of (Denver) coaches this morning and a couple of our players that know him very well and it's very unfortunate. The kid had a great future." - Houston Texans coach and former Broncos assistant Gary Kubiak.

Comment

When Darrent was asked about his Fro-hawk:

"Darrent, your 5-9, 6-2 with the Fro-hawk." "Yea I wanted to know what it felt like to be over 6 ft tall" "Maybe if I'd done it before the draft I would've been selected in the 1st round"

I'm going to miss him......
          sigpic

Comment

Im just wondering where are u guys getting these awesome darrent williams sigs that u have or did u make them. cuz if so i would like to put one on m sig.
            R.I.P. Darrent Williams(1982-2007) you will be missed

I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road. qouted by Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by hugebroncofan07
              Im just wondering where are u guys getting these awesome darrent williams sigs that u have or did u make them. cuz if so i would like to put one on m sig.
              Here you go.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ighlight=DWill
              sigpic

Comment

Thank You very much i appreciate it.
                R.I.P. Darrent Williams(1982-2007) you will be missed

I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road. qouted by Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by hugebroncofan07
                  Thank You very much i appreciate it.
                  Youre very welcome.
                  sigpic

Comment

Link to more quotes

thinkexist

Not sure where these were taken from. Just thought I'd share.
                    Last edited by Chica_Ang; 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Man Dee sure did have a big heart.
                      Thank You Darrent RIP

Comment

I remeber he use to always say

"Allready" meaning "You already know"

he diddn't originate it but he said it alot.

Comment

I'll never forget after his big interception against San Diego?? when he stood on the sideline lookin into the camera yelling for everyone to stop picking on him. he was almost crying with emotions, and it truly reflected the way he played on the field. he was so confident and had such swagger for a 5'8, 5'9 cornerback.

RIP Darrent Williams, you truly will be missed by all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his mother, friends, and teammates and coaches. Especially Javon Walker, Brandon Marshall, DJ Williams and whoever else was present when he died.

Made by Snk16

Comment

“We watch film and he's running past guys like they're standing still. But that's one of my assets that I pride myself on, that I can run fast. That's why I got drafted high. I can run real fast, and I'm one of the fastest guys on the team. So there's not too many guys that are going to blow past me. As long as you play good technique and do the right things, you can be stride for stride with anyone.”

Haha... "I can run real fast"

Comment

We want you to throw at us. Sooner or later, you are going to make a mistake.”

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/darrent_williams/3.html

Comment

Working...
                              X